Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

New website! Decided to create a website for the port as it starts to become larger, and it would be good to have a central hub for all information, channels, and links related to the project. Check it out. Still very barebones at the moment.

Once my trello is up I will begin a full rework of the facility generation system! I'm pretty excited as that seems to be the biggest issue at the moment. The generation is too maze-like currently, with unique room separated from each other by long hallways.

The new generation will create clusters of unique rooms maybe 1-2 rooms apart, separated by a couple of hallways. At least, that's how I think it would work best right now - we'll see as I develop it.

In addition to the new generation, I want to try and finish the couple of rooms I've been sent as well as design the elevator room, which will link the different zones in the facility in my build - light containment, heavy containment, and entrance zone (as well as others perhaps, should they be added).

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

Inclination wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
Brunou8 wrote:You should also create an IndieDB/ModDB page.
Not a bad idea! I have a marketing plan that I'm going to implement once I finish the next general build and the trailer, so I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Which makes me question you if you are going to monetize the game.
I'm pretty sure that the software's license only allows me to use the current assets if I make the game free as well, although at what point does it cease to be a mod and start to become a full game? Regardless I believe that the game should always be free in some form, which is why general builds will continue to remain free and open to the public.

Also not to brag but as far as I can tell no other port has got this far, and if running a patreon is what enables me to keep doing it then I think everyone wins!

zornor90 wrote:Also not to brag but as far as I can tell no other port has got this far
Irrlicht. You've got the most done in this short amount of time, though. I still don't like the Patreon thing.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

zornor90 wrote:
Inclination wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
Not a bad idea! I have a marketing plan that I'm going to implement once I finish the next general build and the trailer, so I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Which makes me question you if you are going to monetize the game.
I'm pretty sure that the software's license only allows me to use the current assets if I make the game free as well, although at what point does it cease to be a mod and start to become a full game? Regardless I believe that the game should always be free in some form, which is why general builds will continue to remain free and open to the public.

Also not to brag but as far as I can tell no other port has got this far, and if running a patreon is what enables me to keep doing it then I think everyone wins!
On the other side, i like the patreon thing even though im not donating at the moment.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (1/1/17)

CommanderMark wrote:
914 killed me wrote:Minecrafts engine is more advanved than unity :(
At this point I can't tell if you're a legitimate user or not.
Why?
Minecraft is far more advanced than any of the games made in unity.
If minecraft was made in unity the game would end up abandoned after 3 updates most at best and there would be no terraria which would suck very bad cause everyone likes terraria right?