Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4a (3/12/17)

MrMilkman wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
MrMilkman wrote:
I have a usual QWERTY Windows backlit keyboard. Only thing I can tell of that's different from most is that there's a key in place of the right Windows key that toggles the keyboards lights. Oh, and there's also a volume slider above the numpad.
Hmmm. That's frustrating. In the pre-game launcher, under the input tab, can you check to make sure that your keys for horizontal and vertical are standard WASD?
I've taken a look, and the keys are as follows:

Horizontal (+) = Primary - right, Secondary - d
Horizontal (-) = Primary - left, Secondary - a
Vertical (+) = Primary - up, Secondary - w
Vertical (+) = Primary - down, Secondary - s

Horizontal = Primary - Joystick 0 axis 0, Secondary - none
Vertical = Primary - Joystick 0 axis 1, Secondary - none
Try turning off your joystick axis and maybe the keys you aren't using in case one of them is stuck

zornor90 wrote:
MrMilkman wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
Hmmm. That's frustrating. In the pre-game launcher, under the input tab, can you check to make sure that your keys for horizontal and vertical are standard WASD?

Try turning off your joystick axis and maybe the keys you aren't using in case one of them is stuck
How do I turn off the joystick axis?

MrMilkman wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
MrMilkman wrote:

Ah. I don't know if they can be disabled. The only thing I can think of is some rogue software or hardware issues. Hopefully the next update, when I replace unity's standard input with Rewired, will fix this issue for you!

zornor90 wrote:
MrMilkman wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
Ah. I don't know if they can be disabled. The only thing I can think of is some rogue software or hardware issues. Hopefully the next update, when I replace unity's standard input with Rewired, will fix this issue for you!
Okay, I will wait until then, thanks!

MrMilkman wrote:Hey! I really like this remake and I'd really like to play it, but when I start the game, my character moves forwards and to the left all the time, uncontrollably. It's as if I'm constantly holding W and A, even though I'm not. I've tried looking online for this sort of thing, but haven't found anything on it. I can still move back and to the left, but if I press S, I still move to the left while moving backward. And if I press D, then I keep moving forward while going to the right. If I hold S and D together, I move back and to the right like normal. Hopefully this can be fixed, thanks!
Maybe your keys got stuck. It's a common problem with any games. Whats the condition of your keyboard?
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862

ReptileMonster wrote:
MrMilkman wrote:Hey! I really like this remake and I'd really like to play it, but when I start the game, my character moves forwards and to the left all the time, uncontrollably. It's as if I'm constantly holding W and A, even though I'm not. I've tried looking online for this sort of thing, but haven't found anything on it. I can still move back and to the left, but if I press S, I still move to the left while moving backward. And if I press D, then I keep moving forward while going to the right. If I hold S and D together, I move back and to the right like normal. Hopefully this can be fixed, thanks!
Maybe your keys got stuck. It's a common problem with any games. Whats the condition of your keyboard?
My keyboard is in pretty good condition, and no keys are physically stuck. In any other games I play, I don't get this problem. There is some paint worn off of my WASD keys but, with any frequent PC gamer, that's normal.

I'm kinda curious about that one.
You used the word "uncontrollably", but are you sure there isn't some form of pattern ?
Like, for example, is the problem more frequent when you're moving your mouse a lot, that kind of thing.

xhul wrote:
I'm kinda curious about that one.
You used the word "uncontrollably", but are you sure there isn't some form of pattern ?
Like, for example, is the problem more frequent when you're moving your mouse a lot, that kind of thing.
No, It's exactly how I've stated. Mouse movement doesn't affect anything besides my view, like normal.

Hello,

I found this remake version via Reddit and really looking forward to see SCP:CB rebuilt with Unity3D. The old engine should retire.

Now I've got some questions around its future development:

* Will the Unity Edition be kept free (free to play, donate if willing) in the future?
* Will you make it an open-source game and publish current source code?
* Since it is now built with Unity, is is possible for you to add cross-platform support in the future (macos or linux desktop)?
* ...or even put it onto Steam?

Thanks!