LUA/Languages box

I believe that this game could be made much better by adding a simple scripting terminal, it would make submarine systems alot easier to use, And theoretically you could make an evasion system which relies on pythagoras to calculate their position relative to the 3+ sensors.

In general, it would add more customization to this game, allowing people to do things that arent currently possible
normienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienmienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienor

Re: LUA/Languages box

ToxicI11I wrote:I believe that this game could be made much better by adding a simple scripting terminal, it would make submarine systems alot easier to use, And theoretically you could make an evasion system which relies on pythagoras to calculate their position relative to the 3+ sensors.

In general, it would add more customization to this game, allowing people to do things that arent currently possible
there is A LOT of customization here. logic gates and modding can pretty much make anything.
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

etet2 wrote:
ToxicI11I wrote:I believe that this game could be made much better by adding a simple scripting terminal, it would make submarine systems alot easier to use, And theoretically you could make an evasion system which relies on pythagoras to calculate their position relative to the 3+ sensors.

there is A LOT of customization here. logic gates and modding can pretty much make anything.
Thats incredibly space consuming, plus, you wont be able to do the exact same things as if you had a lua box.
Realistically, it wouldnt be usable by players, but it would act as an overlay of the sub, allowing for better smart airlocks, Much better ballast control and with the right permissions, an experience that makes it almost look modded. If it had serverside permissions(when granted) you could make an arena like gamemode. Sorry for not clarifying earlier.
normienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienmienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienormienor

going to admit lua or script based logic would be considerably better on performance than attempting to literally have a mass amount of componants and wiring and such to achieve the same result, so naturally this is not a bad idea to have some form of scripting.
Host of ARS (A Random Server)

nilanthanimosus wrote:going to admit lua or script based logic would be considerably better on performance than attempting to literally have a mass amount of componants and wiring and such to achieve the same result, so naturally this is not a bad idea to have some form of scripting.
To further extend your point, the current logic part system requires power for some parts, which, if overused (massive computers to micromanage for you) You could risk overloading the reactor, Or reactors in some cases and possibly the junction boxes.

To even further clarify(Not to just edit) There could possibly be an ingame item which people could interface with(if they have a certain permission level) And a host based one, which overlays the entire sub.
(edit; Thanks for making the mod btw nilanth, it allows me to host my 32 player server <3)