Cant connect to hosted server

A place to discuss anything related to Barotrauma that doesn't fit into the other specific sections.
WMDGhost
Class-D

Cant connect to hosted server

Postby WMDGhost » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:41 pm

I've hosted a server using the server file and cannot connect to it, it shows up but when I try to connect it says "No response from remote host." Could I please have some help? Thanks.
There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Utmanarn
Dr. Bright's Assistant

Re: Cant connect to hosted server

Postby Utmanarn » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:35 am

WMDGhost wrote:I've hosted a server using the server file and cannot connect to it, it shows up but when I try to connect it says "No response from remote host." Could I please have some help? Thanks.

Have you done port forwarding?
Are you supposed to put stuff here?

Nynuc
Class-D

Postby Nynuc » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:58 am

You need to direct connect to your static IP rather then the server IP. You can find your own IP if you type /ipconfig in the command prompt.

CAPTAINAustin6
Class-D

Postby CAPTAINAustin6 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Nynuc wrote:You need to direct connect to your static IP rather then the server IP. You can find your own IP if you type /ipconfig in the command prompt.

And how do you do that?
OH YEAH MR. KRABS!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! OH YEAH I'M FEELING IT NOW!!! OH YEAH :REDACTED:

LordDoggo
Dr. Bright's Assistant

Postby LordDoggo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:18 pm

CAPTAINAustin6 wrote:
Nynuc wrote:You need to direct connect to your static IP rather then the server IP. You can find your own IP if you type /ipconfig in the command prompt.

And how do you do that?

Just type in command prompt in the windows search bar at the bottom left, than type /ipconfig. Than use the IP that shows up for your server.
Just a Doggo that couldnt find a 90 x 90 Doggo picture. So Doggo used Cap'n Jack.

CAPTAINAustin6
Class-D

Postby CAPTAINAustin6 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:47 pm

LordDoggo wrote:
CAPTAINAustin6 wrote:

And how do you do that?

Just type in command prompt in the windows search bar at the bottom left, than type /ipconfig. Than use the IP that shows up for your server.

i found out but i can't open it myself or if i am in it it shuts it down
OH YEAH MR. KRABS!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! OH YEAH I'M FEELING IT NOW!!! OH YEAH :REDACTED:

Return to “General discussion”