Re: SCP The Breach[COOP]

I just saw this yesterday and i cannot wait for it to be released, I tried a multiplayer type game on steam of scp but that was pvp based and not a true coop experience through scp CB like i was hoping it was gonna be. any updates on where the development process is at?

Hello everyone!
I wanted to say that I’m really sorry about no updates lately, but I've had a lot on my mind.
But in the meantime, when I had free time I was still learning uNet and doing new features or changes in SCP The Breach. In general not only I was programming but I was 3D modelling too.
Unfortunately developing a game seems complicated sometimes, and for beginner like me this can be overwhelming. So bear with me because it’s only thing I really want from You, community of SCP. From what I’ve seen some peoples thinks my project is dead, Again I say, the project is not dead and it’s still in development.

Just programming(as well as learning new libraries to Unity and trying to understand what specific library is doing is really time-consuming), modelling(Learning new functions of blender is too an time-consuming process), planning what I can add to the game, doing to-do bugfix list, or doing bugfixes is way more time-consuming thing… Don’t forget about that I need to add more things to game because it looks so empty… Finding a way how to program new features is too an time-consuming process… Really… Creating a game is not easy, it’s not like “I will learn some programming, and then yeah I know how to create games”, no, you learning almost all your life new methods to use to create something. You need to learn more and more new things to do more advanced scripts. I’m still alone, animating and rigging, programming, finding new sounds/textures(or trying to do them by myself), etc. Only what I have is my amateur skills and free programs. I know that you are waiting more than 7 months for new update to come, but I will never give to my lovely community a buggy abomination. So all I want is patience from all of you.

But hey, what I have added when I was working at so long time?
Spoiler
Weapons!

Unfortunately, I won’t show you how it works because this new weaponscript is still WIP, and I need more time to fix bugs, only what I can show you is some leaks from 0.04 version that I was working on.
Here you can see new hands model with Glock.

Weaponscript now has Inventory support.
Mags will be stored in Inventory, generally mags are working like items just click to use them.
I’ve added many EFXs to weapons, like gun barrel smoke.
Tracers! Who doesn’t like tracers? Just think about shooting with these things in dark places!

New texture of smoke!
Is he way more prettier?

Destructible walls!
I really, really don’t know if it’s necessary to add that feature to my game, but they would give some good looking detail for an indie game!(If I ever use that)
(Of course, If it would be in game it’ll look more better than this, it’s just an example of script)

Lamps!
Yeah they are too destructible…!

New Icons!
Pick-up icons
Fast preview will save your time(and probably your ass too).

Deadzone Aiming, just a cool looking effect.
[youtube]ZsMB46qLVWg[/youtube]

LOD – Level Of Detail, important feature that improves optimization of game.

What is Level Of Detail(LOD)?
Level Of Detail (LOD) is function in rendering that allows you to reduce the number of triangles rendered for an object as its distance from the camera increases. As long as your objects aren’t all close to the camera at the same time, LOD will reduce the load on the hardware and improve rendering performance.
Here you can see how it works in-game:
[youtube]3lzI5ZLO-w0[/youtube]

New settings menu.
My dev channel

I believe I can speak for everyone who is actually aware of how difficult programming can get. On top of that, juggling life itself as in; a job, schooling, relationships, friends, family, bills, etc. Despite those issues, you are still pushing forward with this project it seems and doing a impressive job with everything. I, personally, would absolutely love to learn at least anything that you've accomplished so far. All I know is generally the basics of everything, which you already know if you remember me.

You will always get complaints in this world no matter what you do from impatient or ignorant people. However, the constantly growing group of us who understand what you're trying to achieve alone, regardless of other personal issues, will be happy to just see where this project goes with hope and support. We want to see this project succeed and flourish, possibly grow into something that nothing in the entire SCP fandom has ever seen. Which could happen with this project due to how large your ambitions seem to be so far partnered with your quality of results. Overall, we will continue supporting you, as a community, the best we can, because we want to see this project succeed. This is the least we can do to help as time currently stands.

Besides that, keep up the great work and push forward. We'll be awaiting for the next update.

And remember...
Secure. Contain. Protect.

Little Whispers wrote:I believe I can speak for everyone who is actually aware of how difficult programming can get. On top of that, juggling life itself as in; a job, schooling, relationships, friends, family, bills, etc. Despite those issues, you are still pushing forward with this project it seems and doing a impressive job with everything. I, personally, would absolutely love to learn at least anything that you've accomplished so far. All I know is generally the basics of everything, which you already know if you remember me.

You will always get complaints in this world no matter what you do from impatient or ignorant people. However, the constantly growing group of us who understand what you're trying to achieve alone, regardless of other personal issues, will be happy to just see where this project goes with hope and support. We want to see this project succeed and flourish, possibly grow into something that nothing in the entire SCP fandom has ever seen. Which could happen with this project due to how large your ambitions seem to be so far partnered with your quality of results. Overall, we will continue supporting you, as a community, the best we can, because we want to see this project succeed. This is the least we can do to help as time currently stands.

Besides that, keep up the great work and push forward. We'll be awaiting for the next update.

And remember...
Secure. Contain. Protect.
I remember you. :)

I know, but still it's my job to inform my community about progress. Aaand... I dont want achieve something alone, I really dream about working together with someone, but I need to know that I can do something for this project. That would be a shame from my side if i had a DEV Team and I won't do anything because "I don't know how to do it in UNET". ._.
Doing a singleplayer game is nothing for me, but the reason why I still dont have a DEV Team is uNet, I'm still learning it. I need this to create a COOP game, that I have promised.

I really want to implement UNET in 0.04 version because I really want to give first debug version to community.
And probably create a DEV Team that will help me with progress too! :3
My dev channel

Hah, yeah, it's been a while hasn't it? Regardless, I fully understand leading something that you, yourself, have a lack of knowledge in. It makes a group function a lot more efficiently, effectively, and confidently, while also keeping you away from awkward moments. Personally, I have several game ideas that I would LOVE to make, but I still need to learn how to get from just knowing languages to actually making a product, so making a group while knowing nothing myself will be just plain impractical.

Also, I'm sadly working on getting a degree in business in the aspect that I haven't been able to put much effort of getting my foot in the door for learning game development.Though, I'm still willing to take any chance I can get to learn. So I probably wouldn't be able to make the team, unless I was more of a manager or something else of sorts, indirectly helping developing the game.

Though, enough about me, I can't wait to see where this project goes after it starts getting directly interaction from the community. ^u^ Plus, I believe this is the first "co-op" SCP game that'll exist. Granted, there are PVP SCP games with some "co-op" technicalities. So that gives you quite the upper hand in the SCP market, added with your more "detailed", "realistic", and "serious" horror ambitions which is going to be phenomenal to see play out, added with multiplayer co-op.

For your development team, you also need to consider that not everyone in your team isn't going to be doing game development, that is if you haven't taken that into perspective already. You could even start forming the group with people who would assist in other matters that's not game development. Just food for thought.

Really nice to see that you're pushing forward and still developing the project :)

I fully understand that you still have a lot to learn as you progress through making this game, so I'm going to be as patient as possible and watch as it progresses and improves overtime. It is awesome to see that you're determined to get this done, no matter how long it takes :D

See ya when I see ya,
- Lukz

Little Whispers wrote:Hah, yeah, it's been a while hasn't it? Regardless, I fully understand leading something that you, yourself, have a lack of knowledge in. It makes a group function a lot more efficiently, effectively, and confidently, while also keeping you away from awkward moments. Personally, I have several game ideas that I would LOVE to make, but I still need to learn how to get from just knowing languages to actually making a product, so making a group while knowing nothing myself will be just plain impractical.

Also, I'm sadly working on getting a degree in business in the aspect that I haven't been able to put much effort of getting my foot in the door for learning game development.Though, I'm still willing to take any chance I can get to learn. So I probably wouldn't be able to make the team, unless I was more of a manager or something else of sorts, indirectly helping developing the game.

Though, enough about me, I can't wait to see where this project goes after it starts getting directly interaction from the community. ^u^ Plus, I believe this is the first "co-op" SCP game that'll exist. Granted, there are PVP SCP games with some "co-op" technicalities. So that gives you quite the upper hand in the SCP market, added with your more "detailed", "realistic", and "serious" horror ambitions which is going to be phenomenal to see play out, added with multiplayer co-op.

For your development team, you also need to consider that not everyone in your team isn't going to be doing game development, that is if you haven't taken that into perspective already. You could even start forming the group with people who would assist in other matters that's not game development. Just food for thought.
Determination is a key to achieve your goal in life. :)
How much I has "No, I will never do it!" moments when I was starting programming back in 2016.
Now I have something like this with uNet. What I learn in life that nothing is "hard" in life, you are that part because you really don't believe in yourself, so you can do everything with optimism! Just you need some time and patience.
Everyone can learn programming and join my DEV Team.
But remember that I not only need programmers, I need 3D Modellers, or guys who can do good quality SFX/EFX or textures.
Lukz2cool wrote:Really nice to see that you're pushing forward and still developing the project :)

I fully understand that you still have a lot to learn as you progress through making this game, so I'm going to be as patient as possible and watch as it progresses and improves overtime. It is awesome to see that you're determined to get this done, no matter how long it takes :D

See ya when I see ya,
- Lukz
Thanks for kind words. :3
-DDev
My dev channel