Re: Barotrauma Extended v5.1

Mod update for today! Here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:

-Engines, Navigation Terminals, Command Terminals, Sonar Monitors and Status monitors now have built-in lights that can be customized for unique looks.
-Added sprites for destroyed engines, oxygen generators and oxygen modules.
-Added an unique document about the Aegir and its shuttle.
-Reworked most of the crafting recipes for most crafting stations. They now use the new functions, allowing some ingredients to be useable more than once.
-Drinks, flour and food in cans can be combined now.
-HTM Grenades, Hot Cans, Detonators, Hollowhead Spears, Railgun Shells, Depth Charges and Depth Mines now "use" their contents instead of destroying them. This allows new payload types that won't work when destroyed.
-Payloads will now trigger when used, in addition to other methods for some of them. This allows for different effects when triggered by different containers.
-Added a new payload, Dye Charge. It releases opaque particles that form clouds that work both airborne and underwater. Useful for providing cover when breaching enemy subs.
-Replaced the Gas Can with the Chemgas Charge. It's a payload that works almost the same as the Gas Can but it can now be triggered by devices like HTM Grenades and Detonators.
-Hot Cans now have a broken sprite and will slowly change to it as their condition deteriorates.
-Hollowhead Spears will now be thrown instead of used as melee, since hitting a wall wouldn't detonate the contents, which was just weird.
-Added a new clothing item, Crewmember Flat Hat. It comes with a survivor variant for the sewing kit.
-Added a survivor variant for the Crewmember Cowboy Hat.
-Headgear and torso clothing now apply a slight oxygen penalty. This is not noticeable but it will make reviving incapacitated characters harder unless removed.
-Added a new medical item, Defibrillator. It releases a shock that will help reviving an incapacitated character. Effects lasts for 12 seconds and they don't stack so it's best to continue with CPR until the next shock.
-Fixed a bug causing hatches, glass doors and duct blocks unable to be hit by tools and gauss weapons.
-Rebalanced all food items and most of the chems that can be used with syringes and darts.
-Morbusine, Snailfish Meat and the poisoned Mantcrawl Cocktail now work in a similar fashion to vanilla Morbusine, since Sufforin is now the oxygen deprivation poison.
-Morbusanide now works to counter Snailfish Meat and the poisoned Mantcrawl Cocktail dish.
-Hyperzine gives an stackable speed bonus and can now be used to revive incapacitated characters but it now causes damage, which can be lethal in high doses.
-Potassium now causes a small internal explosion when injected into someone's bloodstream, which causes a bleeding.
-Holding chairs is less buggy now.
-Reduced the stun damage done by Shock Rods and Stun Batons.
-Reduced the speed bonus given by Energy Drinks.
-Fixed drinks not causing characters to OD.
-Fixed the Assistant job being forced to a random player in every round.

All Submarines:
-Made some small aesthetic changes and removed unnecessary objects.

Vellamo II Changes:
-The Status Monitor in Life Support is wired with the Engine Batteries so it will still be on if the main grid fails.

Njord Changes:
-The Status Monitor in Life Support is wired with the Engine Batteries so it will still be on if the main grid fails.

Aegir Mark IV Changes:
-Added a couple of copies of an unique document.

Re: Barotrauma Extended v5.2

Mod update for today, lads! Here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:

-The mod is now compatible with version 0.8.0.5 of the game.
-Added a new character, Synth. It's a host-only spawnable character. It's identical to a male human but it uses a different underwear. They are generally stronger than humans but have no skills.
-Stun Batons, Shock Rods, Defibrillators and Scorpion attacks won't stun Synths and Fractal Guardians but they will cause raw damage to them instead.
-Watchers now have a self-defence mechanism against melee attacks in the form of an electric blast. Electric-based attacks will "overload" the blast and fulgurium spears will not trigger the blast.
-Scorpions will no longer be able to stun an Endworm. They are merely an annoyance to them now.
-Added a new Mine Layer casing, Buoy Mine Shell. It works similarly to a Depth Mine but it floats instead. Useful for deploying handheld sonars as decoys.
-Added a new makeshift weapon, Gauss Gun. It can only be made by Engineers. It's less effective than a Gauss Pistol but it uses metal powders as ammo.
-Added a new drug, Ethylzine. It greatly helps against inebriation. It will slowly remove the drunk effects and sober up the character.
-Added a new payload, Shrapnel Charge. It does less damage to structures and health but it causes bleeding damage.
-Added a new payload, Flak Charge. It's a submarine payload version of the Shrapnel Charge. It causes more overall damage.
-Edited most payload so they cause small amounts of bleeding damage.
-Added a couple of missing recipes for the Ballistic Vest.
-Rebalanced All Spears, Railgun Shells and Saws.
-The skill set for the Seaman is a bit more random. This increases their chances to be useful members or just a waste of oxygen.
-The clown mask now uses both the head and face slots to avoid "clipping" issues.
-Firearms and some tools now have impact sounds when dropped.
-Fixed Calyxanide not affecting the other husk types added by this mod.
-Fixed a limb depth issue with shirts and the face slot.
-Fixed endworms being unable to hit smaller creatures.
-Fixed a bunch of lower case issues for Linux users.

All Submarines:
-Added defibrillators and Ethylzine in medical/chemical cabinets.
-Moved all beer bottles into Refrigerators.

Class A Outpost:
-Fixed an issue with the relays causing the docking hatches to break.

Re: Barotrauma Extended v5.2b

Alright, there was a game-breaking bug in the previous version of the mod so I had to push an early release for today. Here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:

-Synth now naturally heal bleeding damage at a faster rate but take more damage from headshots.
-All payloads are now color-coded so it's easier to tell them apart.
-Added a new item, Medical Inhaler. Inhaling drugs causes slower but more lasting effects, slightly or totally different effects or nothing at all.
-Added a new drug, Neurozinide. It's a non-lethal drug that inverts the movement controls, obstructs vision and causes small spasms like the ones caused by Morbusine.
-Medical Darts now use the color of the drug they are containing.
-It's now possible to drink Sulphuric Acid directly from the vial.
-Reduced the OD effect from all drinks.
-Reduced the speed bonus given by energy drinks.
-Diving Masks now give a slight oxygen penalty by just wearing it with no tanks.
-Edited some crafting and recycling recipes.
-Fixed some recycling recipes using old code.
-Fixed Husks ignoring Synths.

All Submarines:
-Added inhalers and edited some of the stuff in some of the containers around the subs.

Hi I love this mod but I've run into an issue. I can't seem to host a BTE Server; I tried running a public (password and not) server and my friends can't seem to connect. Now I have been hosting vanilla servers from time to time and they always work, so the porting isn't an issue. I can also join other people's BTE Servers with no problem, so the mod shouldn't be corrupted. Is there anything I'm not thinking of? I would love to host a server for me and my mates to play on, can you offer any suggestions? Thank you.

~ N

CaptainNemo wrote:Hi I love this mod but I've run into an issue. I can't seem to host a BTE Server; I tried running a public (password and not) server and my friends can't seem to connect. Now I have been hosting vanilla servers from time to time and they always work, so the porting isn't an issue. I can also join other people's BTE Servers with no problem, so the mod shouldn't be corrupted. Is there anything I'm not thinking of? I would love to host a server for me and my mates to play on, can you offer any suggestions? Thank you.

~ N
I can't actually play multiplayer myself so I can't give you help regarding that issue. There's ppl in the discord posted in the main page that might be able to help.

ghostbomb wrote:umm... i dont see the fourm download bte for the game why is this so hard i just want to play the game!!!
It's in the main page, right under "Download Link"