re: [0.8.2.0] [BTE 7.4] Theseus | [BTEP 1.2b] Atlantean Lady

Zorlok- wrote:
blitzbrigade wrote:-snip-
-snip
I didn't think you were being a dick at all, man, I found it pretty funny.
Anyways, what happened was I was trying to murder an AI crewmember and while chasing after him he closed a door on me, which got me wedged at the bottom with the button out of reach, ragdolling wouldn't let me escape, I only got out because the crewmember opened the door again. If it's for the design man, stick with it, I just wanted to know you could get wedged inside of them (or maybe this happens to nobody else but me, who knows).
Also, I understand balance is per-sub, my mod is somewhat new so I wasn't entirely sure if you understood the intentions or actual power certain items had. Want to fill the sub with a shit ton of Pulse Pistols, SMGs, and RDG sets? Do it, if that's what you want to. :^)

I really appreciate you making subs for my mod man, I've tried multiple times and I always fail at the power grid. (Tried making a sub that was legitimately a + shape)
Also speedyboi at updating the subs to the latest BTEP, aren't ya?
Creator of the best mod of a mod for Barotrauma, BTEPlus:
https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p123340

Re: re: [0.8.2.0] [BTE 7.4] Theseus | [BTEP 1.2b] Atlantean Lady

Zorlok- wrote:
blitzbrigade wrote:(Tried making a sub that was legitimately a + shape)
A '+' shape, eh?
Hmmm...
Yeah, I built it, placed around some items and stuff then decided to focus on the power grid. Of course I failed spectacularly since I've not a clue what I'm doing.
Creator of the best mod of a mod for Barotrauma, BTEPlus:
https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p123340

Re: [0.8.2.0] [BTE 7.4] Theseus | [BTEP 1.2b] Atlantean Ladyboy | [BTEP 1.2b] Orpheus

nerd wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:40 pm
So, uh, some small issue regarding the Orpheus
The light armor that overlaps with heavy armor can't be repaired from the inside of the sub and water just flows in, regardless of the heavy armor (that can be fixed from the inside)
being fully fixed
This is what happens when you put aesthetics before functionality. Whoops. Should be fixed now. :)

Re: [BTE 8.0/BTEP 1.6] Theseus | Atlantean Ladyboy | Orpheus

Couple of things to mention on top of what Nerd said, I see some things I want to be nit-picky about.
1. Clean up the wiring. They are really ugly when they are not organized, and just improves the overall organization of your submarine.
2. Capitalize your signs. Lowercase signs are also ugly to look at.
3. Ballast is both too large, and too prone to massive breach. The ballast neutral level is 0.36. That is REALLY bad. That means it will have hard time going up, and will descent too fast.
4. Airlock door is glass door. So many things wrong with that. So easy for a monster to break in.
5. Cameras is set to pickable, meaning random player can remove it from the wall, making it useless.
6. That large window in command is just asking to be broken into.
7. Railguns has no lights on them, making them useless at even slight distance. Not only that, but since the vision is short range, explosive rounds are dangerous to use.
8. Fire extinguishers are too focused on engineering. Fire in command will be too dangerous.
9. There is 2 chairs stacked next to each other in bunks.
10. Organize the signs on the Top cabinets. They look much better when they are centered, and when signs are not stacked on top of each other.
Creator of:
Station R-1 Alpha and Beta
The Flying Dutchman
The Proteus
The Playhouse
Discord: Chynya#1111

Re: [BTE 8.0/BTEP 1.6] Theseus | Atlantean Ladyboy | Orpheus

Chynya wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:42 am
Couple of things to mention on top of what Nerd said, I see some things I want to be nit-picky about.
1. Clean up the wiring. They are really ugly when they are not organized, and just improves the overall organization of your submarine.
2. Capitalize your signs. Lowercase signs are also ugly to look at.
3. Ballast is both too large, and too prone to massive breach. The ballast neutral level is 0.36. That is REALLY bad. That means it will have hard time going up, and will descent too fast.
4. Airlock door is glass door. So many things wrong with that. So easy for a monster to break in.
5. Cameras is set to pickable, meaning random player can remove it from the wall, making it useless.
6. That large window in command is just asking to be broken into.
7. Railguns has no lights on them, making them useless at even slight distance. Not only that, but since the vision is short range, explosive rounds are dangerous to use.
8. Fire extinguishers are too focused on engineering. Fire in command will be too dangerous.
9. There is 2 chairs stacked next to each other in bunks.
10. Organize the signs on the Top cabinets. They look much better when they are centered, and when signs are not stacked on top of each other.
Thanks for the feedback! That said, half of these complaints are pedantic as shit. As for the other half:
3. The BTE version of the Orpheus addresses ballast size as much as I'm willing to budge. The onus is on the captain to get good. It's doable; for how lumbering the Orpheus is, it's also fairly agile.
4/6. The command window is sturdier than you'd think. Still, I'll add a safety measure in the next update. The airlock door is another case of aesthetics before functionality. I'll probably fix it.
5. An oversight. Whoops.
7. To say that the railguns have no light is just plain erroneous -- they have a single lamp that allows operators to see thirty feet in front of their rail-face. For real, though, BTEP was not having with searchlights. What should've been some really simple wiring through a relay turned into ten iterations of shit not working for no clear reason. Out of frustration, I dropped the whole thing and decided on lamps, a la that one sub with the lamps. You know the one. I'll add searchlights to the BTE version with the next update. BTEP peasants can continue to suffer.