[v0.9] MAVs and other Bugs...

I played the last version and it looked AMAZING! :D
Luckily, some Bugs seem to be gone, but new ones appear... :oops:

HEAVY/MAJOR BUGS:
1) MAV caused by something that I find when getting out of the Maintenance Tunnels
I got a MAV when getting out of the Maintenance Tunnels and I don't know why, that's all... :| I saved a second before the MAV, luckily. 8) (plus SCP-513-1 spawned on me in the elevator, he was perfectly still until I moved away from him)
I don't know if I got the MAV because I was near a new room that caused it, or if the escape from the Maintenance Tunnels themselves made the MAV appear... (I got the MAV when making some steps of the elevator when it got back on the surface...)
EDIT: I tryied to re-load the save where I saved outside of the elevator and I heard whisper-like sounds that I did not hear before, maybe they are part of a new room/event that caused the game to crash: after some seconds I got a MAV again (reallly similar to the old MAV with the guard that enters the elevator in the first relase of v0.8.2, now fixed...)
So, I think that the MAV is caused by the place/entity related to those sound and not by the Maintenance Tunnels themselves...
EDIT 2: Apparently, it seems that those sounds are not related to an entity, because I heard them in a common four-way-corridor in the Heavy Containment Zone and nothing happened; I still don't know why I got the MAV...

2) SCP-106's containment is strange...
Apparently, something kept moving away my camera when I was trying to pull down the lever to re-contain SCP-106; but I contained him.
But, like 40 seconds after I've contained him, I just saw him appear in front of me in the corridor where he stops and looks for the player... :|

MINOR/RARE BUGS:
1) Checkpoint Rooms' revenge
In the Heavy Containment Zone I usually find Checkpoint Rooms that lead to the VOID (the nothingness...); this is an old Bug that I found even in older versions of the game, like v0.8.2.
Apparently it has not been fixed yet...

2) MAV when blinking near the Small Testing Room
I was in the Small Testing Room, where I got a "Level 2 KeyCard" and the navigator, then I succesfully escaped from 173. After a while I decided (for some strange reasons... :laugh: ) to enter the room again and 173 teleported in the room with me, making the same sound effect when he breaks the glass, killing me. Plus, when I got back after reloading the game, I blinked near the room and the game gave me a MAV for no reason! (it happened only once...)

3) SCP-173 cheats
SCP-173 ( :173: ) spawned in front of me in a three-way-corridor in the Light Containment Zone, he came out of nowhere! (I heared him moving and stopping continuously for some seconds befor he appeared...)
Plus, he got somehow in the elevator with the blood splatters on it, he was looking at the wall when I found him: that really scared me! :shock: It was SOOO creepy... (maybe, due to that, it could be a new scripted spawn for him because a creepy sound effect played when I saw him in the elevator. I hope I'm right...)
And in the room where he kills the two guys after the intro, he teleported in the air in front of me: he was down and he got up with THE MAGIC POWER OF GLITCHES! (I was in the angle of the room, near the door...) I heard him "dancing" before he teleported, exactly like he did when he teleported from nowhere in the three-way-corridor... (maybe this strange sounds are a sign that he is going to glitch... :laugh: :173: )

I hope this will be useful...
I found all these bugs on v0.9. :)

BUGS THAT WERE NOT BUGS:
Spoiler
1) SCP-914 trolls me!
Sometimes, when I enter SCP-914's left room to place an object to refine and I go too close to the angle of the room, the object gets dropped OUTSIDE SCP-914's room and it does not get refined (it gets placed near the angle but OUTSIDE the room; you can still grab it again, though...)
EDIT: apparently now the objects get dropped away from each other, that's why they got always outside of 914: I Always put an object and then another in the same place, that gets dropped far from the first one and ends-up in being placed outside 914...
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Re: [v0.9] MAVs and other Bugs...

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:1) MAV caused by something that I find when getting out of the Maintenance Tunnels
The whisper-like sounds are played when you get close enough to SCP-035's chamber and I don't think they're related to the MAV. Do you still have that save file somewhere, by any chance? It would help a lot; I could run the game in debug mode, load the game and see what exactly is causing it.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:2) SCP-106's containment is strange...
Apparently, something kept moving away my camera when I was trying to pull down the lever to re-contain SCP-106; but I contained him.
You were using noclip, weren't you? The monitor next to the lever was probably being affected by SCP-895, and that causes the camera to turn away from the monitor if noclip is on.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:I was in the Small Testing Room, where I got a "Level 2 KeyCard" and the navigator, then I succesfully escaped from 173. After a while I decided (for some strange reasons... :laugh: ) to enter the room again and 173 teleported in the room with me, making the same sound effect when he breaks the glass, killing me.
Fixed :)
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:3) SCP-173 cheats
Are you sure that SCP-173 wasn't already somewhere in the room (or some room next to you)? If you heard him moving before he appeared, it might be possible that he was just somewhere near you and moved next to you instead of teleporting. The elevator isn't a new spawn - SCP-173 moves around randomly and sometimes he ends up in elevators or other weird places.

[b]Regalis[/b] wrote:The whisper-like sounds are played when you get close enough to SCP-035's chamber and I don't think they're related to the MAV. Do you still have that save file somewhere, by any chance? It would help a lot; I could run the game in debug mode, load the game and see what exactly is causing it.
I've uploaded the two saves with the MAVs on MediaFire (I've made an account some hours ago just for doing that... :laugh: ): read the file named "List of errors in the saves" to know what are the errors in that save, their description is both in English and Italian (I don't know why but I wanted to do it).
I still can't believe that I didn't delete them! Usually, when I got a bugged save I "destroy" it as fast as I can... :laugh:
Plus, I found another MAV in a three-way-corner of the Light Containment Zone for no reason; this third save is in the file too...

Here's the MediaFire link for downloading the saves in a single file (Winrar File, "NAME OF THE FILE.rar"):
[b]Regalis[/b] wrote:Are you sure that SCP-173 wasn't already somewhere in the room (or some room next to you)? If you heard him moving before he appeared, it might be possible that he was just somewhere near you and moved next to you instead of teleporting.
He was in the Small Testing Room where I locked him with a KeyCard (two rooms away from me...), I don't know how he escaped from there (I know that he can get moved to other of his spawn points if I get close to one of them, like a catwalk; but I didn't know that he could spawn in a Three-Way-Corridor by appearing in front of you... :laugh: )

Thanks a lot for the reply! :D

You made a really good job with the improved versions of SCP-008 and SCP-895, I like how they are now no more pointless. Since even the two new SCPs added in v0.9 have a real purpose in the game, the only "pointless" SCP remained is the poor, little, SCP-012...
If that can be useful, in a discussion I've posted a suggestion for improving it (it's not that amazing but it's still something, and it could be always more useful in-game than 012's current behavior...) and a bug that I've found in it's room, here's the link to the thread: With that I don't want to mean that you must implement that in-game; it's just a suggestion...
And this is YOUR (great) game, so you decide what to do. :)
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

I'm also noticing a problem with 173. He literally is not active. He no longer spawns in lock rooms (as far as I've seen) and he goes to a "spot" in the outer darkness and stays there instead of flying(at least he's not nocliping through the ceiling anymore). Anyways, I'm not sure because in the intro room(where you find the lvl 1 key card and gas-mask 173 will be down there and not move untill I get really close. :? As of right now, the last time I played, 173 has not been moving like he should(He stays in one place till I get close and doesn't spawn as often or doesn't spawn at all.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

First I wish to thank you for your fantastic game (it's by far my favourite horror-survival-game and I love its unpredictabilty). It's getting better and deeper with every new version. I'm very thrilled about the two new SCPs.

I cannot open a new thread, so I write my few observations here:

- SCP-173 acts very strange in my case. He tends to "fall out of nowhere" much more frequently than in earlier versions of the game (for example in the area with the two guys down the stairs he jumped up; or in the area with the glass window, where the lvl 2-keycard is - he jumped at my neck right in the long corridor, where the lvl1-keycard-door is). He seems to be much more active and aggressive.

- In two attempts I found doors with keypads standing in the middle of the corridor - I could just walk around them, because there was no wall around them. Another door I found lead to nowhere (out of the map).

- In the room with SCP-096 I activated the electricity to open the door on the other end, when suddenly SCP-106 appeared inside 096's chamber and began his hunt. I tried to escape through the now open door, but I ended surrounded with darkness with no way to get back (out of the map I think).

- Not a bug, but Is it possible the game is remarkably darker in version 0.9? Especially in the room with SCP-914, there seems to be something like a wall of darkness: If I stand in a corner I can't see the other end of the room. Is that intended?

Thanks again!

hello199809 wrote:I have had some of the same bugs, but a bug in 106's recontainment is that the monitor displaying the femur breaker acts as the monitor in 895's room. Don't know why, but it was annoying to have to TRY to do something that simple as pulling a lever.
From this version SCP-079 is capable of deploying 895's transmission through all monitors in the facility, you can try coming back later to the room

I'm not sure if disabling then enabling Secondary power maybe resets the monitors inmediately, though.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:
hello199809 wrote:I have had some of the same bugs, but a bug in 106's recontainment is that the monitor displaying the femur breaker acts as the monitor in 895's room. Don't know why, but it was annoying to have to TRY to do something that simple as pulling a lever.
From this version SCP-079 is capable of deploying 895's transmission through all monitors in the facility, you can try coming back later to the room

I'm not sure if disabling then enabling Secondary power maybe resets the monitors inmediately, though.

That doesn't seem logical, for the description of SCP-895 states that camera/video disruptions are dependent on the distance from the coffin itself. For instance, the monitors in the airlock room with the timer button sometimes behave the same as the monitor above 895's chamber, even if the room spawns on the other side of the map. In SCP terms, that should not happen.