Keter Project

JUST TO KEEP YOU GUYS INFORMED
THIS PROJECT ISN'T DEAD

Soon,I will be making a game with Unity and it is called Keter Project!

Let me talk about the game : The game will have a randomly generated room system/amazing graphics/good level design and it is going to be completely FREE

The game has five options : Campaign / Multiplayer / Freeplay / Versus / SCP-106

In campaign mode you play as Dr.Bright. A Containment breach occurred in the site and you are all alone. The game takes place in the Keter containment site which makes the game cause high tension to the player! You discover the facility as you find objects during your journey to escape!

In Multiplayer there will be 5 players playing with you! You will play as a D-Class designated :REDACTED: ! After the SCP's breach containment , you and your friends try your best to contain all of them avoiding getting spotted by MTF or anyone! After containing all the SCPs , you and your friends escape without getting spotted by anybody!

In Freeplay mode is similar to multiplayer mode But you are all alone.... The map generation will be smaller and there will be fewer SCPs hunting you down ! Possibility of getting spotted by MTFs are higher and escaping is made slightly easier!

In versus mode is Also similar to Multiplayer but two of the players get to be SCPs! There will four D-Classes and 2 SCPs in-game! Everything in versus mode is similar to multiplayer mode also the fact that all of you aren't working together this time!

To unlock SCP-106 mode,you must complete the Campaign before playing it! In SCP - 106 mode , you play as Dr.Bright again but now trapped in the pocket dimension! The game will generate the map at runtime which means that the walls will moving around when you least expected it!

If this sounds like a really cool idea , please reply to this thread about what it is missing or your what is amazing about it!

Of course I still need:
1.Regalis permission to use his assets [✔]
2.A good animator / modeler [✘]
3.Someone who can deal with GFXs well! [✘]
4.FEEDBACK FROM YOU GUYS,tell me what need to be added! [⁇]

Screenshots!
Last edited by TheHoongs on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AM I THE ONLY FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S FAN?

Check out my game

Re: Keter Project

TheHoongs wrote:The game will generate the map at runtime which means that the walls will moving around when you least expected it!
dude, this would be awesome. So nothing would remain the same? For example, CB loads only the rooms around you in a 2-room radius. So here's a hallway of several rooms. # is empty space, = is a hallway, and @ is player position.

#######
=======
#######

If you were in the center, it would render like this(If you boosted the camerafog via console)

#####
==@==
#####

If you were at an edge, it would render like this:

###
==@
###

If you could somehow code it so that any rooms out of that radius were deleted from memory when unrendered, when you would backtrack, it would generate a second time, with a chance of a different room! Of course, this would need custom PD room meshes.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

That Same Anon wrote:
TheHoongs wrote:The game will generate the map at runtime which means that the walls will moving around when you least expected it!
dude, this would be awesome. So nothing would remain the same?
If you could somehow code it so that any rooms out of that radius were deleted from memory when unrendered, when you would backtrack, it would generate a second time, with a chance of a different room! Of course, this would need custom PD room meshes.

Yup,the rooms only changes when you look away or it is out of the camera's fog,it will change the arrangement / type of the rooms!

I already have a program that can create room meshes easily!

Check out my game

Sounds cool! :D Hope this project becomes a success! I just want to ask: how are you prioritizing your development on this game?

Anyways good luck! I want to contribute but unfortunately I'm only barely beginning to learn the basics of graphics design so I'm afraid I can't do anything to help :( I just hope things go well tho!
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:how are you prioritizing your development on this game?
This project is just something I wanting to make just to try out some new features of Unity3D,so is not really gonna be a very big project like Outlast or something! I hope I answer your question because I don't really understand what it means xD(my English sucks :P )

Check out my game

WOAH I didn't realize you updated this! The screenshots look cool! What's happened to the game so far? And what mode are you starting to do first? I'm pretty sure you've got it planned already but I think, from what you've said, you should start developing Freeplay first then follow it with Campaign mode and then the rest? It seems as if Freeplay is the easiest mode to prioritize on first. I wonder how you make the rooms change in layout though.

Anyways, some very few thoughts:
- I know that it's gonna feel like SCP:CB this way, especially with the MTFs around, but I think maybe in Freeplay either it's just 173 and 106 that you have to avoid, or perhaps 173 and 049-2, or perhaps include 049 himself as well? I think 3 SCPs should suffice; the difference is though that unlike in SCP:CB perhaps you have more stuff to use temporarily against them (like viable weapons such as smoke charges)?
- In Campaign 106 and 096 should definitely be around; perhaps you would encounter 096 where he's chasing someone already?
- In Versus mode, hmm... 106 and 049-2 or 049 should suffice? Well the thing here is it seems frustrating if someone was 173 because how would the controls be? As for 096, perhaps, but since he'll only attack somebody that looks at his face, if none of the players do so, he won't move at all?
- Multiplayer should be the last thing to be done, or at least, don't make that a priority too much. If you can do it though it's OK, but I think it's much better to start with how single player works first.
- As for SCP-106 mode, hmm... I guess you should definitely make it different from SCP:CB's pocket dimension, perhaps with different routes and stuff, and that escaping is harder, although unlike in SCP:CB where you get ejected out randomly, this mode can eject you randomly as well but there's also 2 routes around too!
- Hmm... finally, objects. As said before I think to distinguish it from SCP:CB there should be like a few guns (with a few bullets only of course; and that the usage of the guns would be more on trying to solve puzzles than shooting MTFs), smoke grenades, one explosive charge, and of course technical equipment (a separate navigator, SCP detector, radio, etc.) and a bunch of other objects and barricades? I guess the modes should be like have some parts where there are 'puzzles' to solve, and that you have to find a way to combine the objects and surroundings to escape SCPs, MTFs and the facility. A bit like Half-Life or something.

So there! My suggestions aren't that great, I'm sorry for that. I just wish you luck for this again! And oh by the way what mode does the screenshots show?
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:WOAH I didn't realize you updated this! The screenshots look cool! What's happened to the game so far? And what mode are you starting to do first? I'm pretty sure you've got it planned already but I think, from what you've said, you should start developing Freeplay first then follow it with Campaign mode and then the rest? It seems as if Freeplay is the easiest mode to prioritize on first. I wonder how you make the rooms change in layout though.
The screenshots are images of the Beta version of the game(the game looks much more polished after the screenshot was taken)! I will be working on the Single Player Freeplay mode for the Beta version! :)
autotroph wrote:- I know that it's gonna feel like SCP:CB this way, especially with the MTFs around, but I think maybe in Freeplay either it's just 173 and 106 that you have to avoid, or perhaps 173 and 049-2, or perhaps include 049 himself as well? I think 3 SCPs should suffice; the difference is though that unlike in SCP:CB perhaps you have more stuff to use temporarily against them (like viable weapons such as smoke charges)?
Well,that just makes the game too easy as I don't expect people haven't play SCP:CB yet when they see this so they probably know how all the AI works which is too easy :wink: . Even though this should look like a remake,it must have fresh gameplay in it so I am adding some other SCPs not found in SCP:CB! :D . Of course 173 and 106 etc. will show themselves in-game but they won't show up often ;) . There will be stuff to avoid them like a flashbang(something like that) can blind them and stuff :D !
autotroph wrote:- In Campaign 106 and 096 should definitely be around; perhaps you would encounter 096 where he's chasing someone already?
In Campaign mode,SCPs are encountered more like in Outlast,they are all scripted events instead of appearing out of nowhere! About 096 chasing somebody,that will be included in Freeplay mode so there will be another event for him!
autotroph wrote:- In Versus mode, hmm... 106 and 049-2 or 049 should suffice? Well the thing here is it seems frustrating if someone was 173 because how would the controls be? As for 096, perhaps, but since he'll only attack somebody that looks at his face, if none of the players do so, he won't move at all?
This is the main part of Versus mode.....Team Work! Let's say you are SCP-173 :173: and your friend is 106 (106 can't kill anybody but transport them to the pocket dimension) ,you encounter someone and you can't move,106 can distract him and you can kill him!
autotroph wrote:- Multiplayer should be the last thing to be done, or at least, don't make that a priority too much. If you can do it though it's OK, but I think it's much better to start with how single player works first.
Thanks for the tips :D
autotroph wrote:- Hmm... finally, objects. As said before I think to distinguish it from SCP:CB there should be like a few guns (with a few bullets only of course; and that the usage of the guns would be more on trying to solve puzzles than shooting MTFs), smoke grenades, one explosive charge, and of course technical equipment (a separate navigator, SCP detector, radio, etc.) and a bunch of other objects and barricades? I guess the modes should be like have some parts where there are 'puzzles' to solve, and that you have to find a way to combine the objects and surroundings to escape SCPs, MTFs and the facility. A bit like Half-Life or something.
Like Regalis said,sometimes making a game easy just makes the game less Scary! So items won't be able to kill any of them but some of them can be distracted with a tazor or something. Puzzle solving won't be implemented in the Freeplay but it will be implemented in Campaign,no need to worry!

Thanks for your feedback,it helps me out a lot!

Check out my game

TheHoongs wrote:Like Regalis said,sometimes making a game easy
just makes the game less Scary! So items won't be able to kill any of them but some of them can be
distracted with a tazor or something. Puzzle solving won't be implemented in the Freeplay but it will be implemented in Campaign,no need to worry!
Ah I see! Nice! Well I wasn't really saying that weapons can kill any SCPs at all though; I was going for using them to temporarily stop and/or distract an SCP so you can escape. I think there should be at least one type of gun to help though: perhaps SCP-127 (The Living Gun), albeit depleted, meaning it only has say 3-5 bullets? And since it's not an ordinary gun you can't reload it, and so you MUST figure out on how to use 'em in the game, and not simply shoot SCPs around. Just an idea; I wonder how Freeplay will go though?

Anyway, if you want a few voiceover sounds in the game, I'd be happy to try and make some in Audacity, although I'm not that good yet so I dunno... But I'll do it.

autotroph wrote: I think there should be at least one type of gun to help though: perhaps SCP-127 (The Living Gun), albeit depleted, meaning it only has say 3-5 bullets?
Well first of all, SCP 127 is a safe SCP which obviously means that it won't be found in the Keter containment site and it is probably a million meters away from the player and the player only desire is to escape instead of going for a day trip to find a gun which probably isn't in the site.
autotroph wrote:Anyway, if you want a few voiceover sounds in the game, I'd be happy to try and make some in Audacity, although I'm not that good yet so I dunno... But I'll do it.
Cool,PM me about your skills at Audacity and I will think about it!

Check out my game