New model for SCP-372

Hi everyone. As you see i'm a newbie, both in the forum and on modeling. I'm thinking of starting a new model for 372 that I see it's kind of forgotten, and probably will be zero competitiveness. I'll be uploading photos of my sketches before start working on the model, so you can say wathever you think, and make any suggestion about the way it should take. Please, comment with ideas and stuff.

At first i was thinking of keeping the actual "face", and making it kind of a mask attached to a fibrous and long neck. A slim and kind of bent body, with the vertebra out of skin, and like long arthropode limbs ending on a claw.

Tell me what you think. Pie Pie.

Re: New model for SCP-372

Good luck! I don't think anyone is developing anything related to SCP-372 at the moment.

What programs are you going to use?

On the article he seems to have a rather thin body and be yellow-green in colour, which gives the impression 372 may have a sort of "forest" or "leafy" camouflage appearance. See these articles.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.

Thanks for the replys!

I'll be using Blender for the base mesh and Zbrush as sculplting program, for the details. I like your idea, Mirocaine, but i don't like the exact deviantart one (but i find it inspiring). I think it's like... too big, too strong and it really remind me an scorpion or something. I prefer it darker, a kind of mixture between a reptil and an insect. Both me and a friend we are thinking of doing some parts of raw muscle, almost without skin.

Juicy wrote:
Frozenbrack wrote:Thanks for the replys!

I'll be using Blender for the base mesh and Zbrush as sculplting program, for the details. I like your idea, Mirocaine, but i don't like the exact deviantart one (but i find it inspiring). I think it's like... too big, too strong and it really remind me an scorpion or something.I prefer it darker, a kind of mixture between a reptil and an insect. Both me and a friend we are thinking of doing some parts of raw muscle, almost without skin.
But it's bright:
(Taken from the original article)
It doesn't show much but at least... idk :mrgreen:
I would think it looks bright because the lights are on it's blurred but that's not much of an argument.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Yay, I'm excited that 372 could finally be getting justice that he deserves. I've been sketching him for a while, based off my loading screen interpretation (which is actually incorrect as it has 8 legs), and whipped this design up in about 15 minutes. Ignore it's messiness, as it sorta runs in my 'pile lines over lines' preference, and I'm still getting used to my tablet.

http://i.imgur.com/tgTZ3h0.png

Note that it's not perfect, but it's a basic idea of how I'd lay it out. I'd make the legs a bit longer as well. For animations, having all of its legs spastically flaying about would be cool, and possibly making its body segments articulatedy could make it very snake like and disturbing.

On the topic of the 'face', Sylocat, the creator of 372 said that he/she didn't really prefer the face that's currently in-game for 372 (it's a bit too humanoid) and that they'd imagine 372 being much more 'mundane' looking. So I think following the sorta insect-like jaw face from the loading screen could work, considering it doesn't have eyes. I'd imagine it looking like that of a Scorpion's chelicerae.

And more inspiration for 372 could come from an amblypygid, otherwise known as the tailless whip scorpion (which are rad imo). http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/g ... 0015-1.jpg
It slep time bunner.

I made contact with Sylocat. He said that the creature is closer to a reptilian, with long and serpentine body, and kind of gecko limbs that allow him to climb.
So it should look more like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... anica2.jpg

Another hint he gave me says, textually: " if one could ever actually get a good look at the thing, it would look rather mundane, or even somewhat silly"

I was thinking on doing something as you pointed, Omniary, but in the end seems it has no relation with insects.

Frozenbrack wrote:I made contact with Sylocat. He said that the creature is closer to a reptilian, with long and serpentine body, and kind of gecko limbs that allow him to climb.
So it should look more like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... anica2.jpg

Another hint he gave me says, textually: " if one could ever actually get a good look at the thing, it would look rather mundane, or even somewhat silly"

I was thinking on doing something as you pointed, Omniary, but in the end seems it has no relation with insects.
Oh! Then I highly suggest Moonsabers SCP-372 concept art, It looks reptilian, mundane and slightly silly:
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w43 ... 99/IMG.jpg