Re: SCP- The Doctors

Combine wrote:
Destructoid wrote:Should be like a huger dwarf fortress. Find a collab team and you'll make the next big indie micro managing game.
For the love of GOD, make it shitloads less complicated.

Imagine a game were you must create an SCP facility to house SCPs and D-Class, like prison architehft
Thats not the point.
Its like the SCP RP thread, in which you are on the facility, and stuff happens (work, experiments, etc..) making it like prison architect, well, it would be any different, just different textures.

I was thinking, what if (if the game is made) there is a containment breach? If Regalis allows it, SCP:CB could be added.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Breaches would be included with some scientists being killed as well as guards, D-class, and you might lose a few SCP's in the process, with a (I guess a die roll system?) to determine if you die or not or like make choices where you can run to safety. These are good ideas though, but I can't see someone making it a building game. I would imagine if someone is still wanting to make it a text thing, you could have like choices, kinda like doing the paperwork to approve if it is going to be built or not, and to be honest, when thinking of the SCP Foundation, does anyone else think its just an underground bunker kind of thing? Kinda like Portal?

Bluefox0 wrote:Breaches would be included with some scientists being killed as well as guards, D-class, and you might lose a few SCP's in the process, with a (I guess a die roll system?) to determine if you die or not or like make choices where you can run to safety. These are good ideas though, but I can't see someone making it a building game. I would imagine if someone is still wanting to make it a text thing, you could have like choices, kinda like doing the paperwork to approve if it is going to be built or not, and to be honest, when thinking of the SCP Foundation, does anyone else think its just an underground bunker kind of thing? Kinda like Portal?
No die roll system, I think you should actually get out yourself with your own survival skills not pure luck.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:
Bluefox0 wrote:Breaches would be included with some scientists being killed as well as guards, D-class, and you might lose a few SCP's in the process, with a (I guess a die roll system?) to determine if you die or not or like make choices where you can run to safety. These are good ideas though, but I can't see someone making it a building game. I would imagine if someone is still wanting to make it a text thing, you could have like choices, kinda like doing the paperwork to approve if it is going to be built or not, and to be honest, when thinking of the SCP Foundation, does anyone else think its just an underground bunker kind of thing? Kinda like Portal?
No die roll system, I think you should actually get out yourself with your own survival skills not pure luck.
Yeah, but instead of making it complicated like SCP:CB, make it simple. So it doesn't take you hours to complete.
Maybe depending on the choices you make, there can be no containment breaches.
If someone makes this game, they are gonna have a hell of a tim programming it.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Thisisme wrote:Hho, spartan you dont understand what a texture is. Prison architecht would change it entirely, not just graphicswise.

I still want SCP-Architecht :(
Well, that is a completely different game.
We want a simulator type game, so if you want an architect, make another thread for it. Don't turn this project into something different.

Also, I've been thinking about the containment breach. If one occurs, the facility must have a procedure or something for the scientist. So what happens is, you make choices that causes one, then you have to try to follow the procedure. If you do so, you are saved, and you can continue, if not you have to survive.

Another thing is, dying. What I think is that, if you die, you have to re-start.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Spartan322 is right. A building texture thing would be a different game. If you want to go make it in the forum, but no more talk about it here if it can't be helped.

I wouldn't want to have like... The procedure popping up when the break out happens. It would have to be slightly turn based I guess... At least by what I see most times. Again I am not a game maker, but an Idea guy. If someone has the know how to make something like this I could come up with the idea's. There are always new stuff popping into my head.

As for the procedure... Like working in a lab you must know this stuff before hand. Like since it would be text based, you could take a quiz or simply apply to be a Scientist. Or hell, maybe your chosen to be D-class. I still would like the online version but it wouldn't be "MMO" More like just LAN based. Where you can have different scientists working together, or you can send your brother into the chamber of SCP-173 and just laugh as you read that his neck was broken when he blinks. Of course the highest amount of people I see is about...5? 10? Between the two I guess...

Different things you could apply for...

WAIT! I think this could be a forum game... wait... no... too many loose ends.

As for what you could apply for, and some is for how long you play, cause it keeps track of it. Hell it would be great to post an application while playing... You will get what I am talking about in a second.

1. Head Scientist (Obviously a LVL 5 Scientist) (Can only be achieved in game and if your still alive)
2. Level 4 Scientists ( Hard to get... Just think how hard it would be to get Head Scientist?) (Not many people can apply and immidiantly get this position.)
3. Level 3 Scientists (The Semi-hard. Few have this access but not many.)
4. Level 2 Scientists ( The Medium. Alot have this access. Even some of the soldiers.)
5. Level 1 Scientists ( The Easy. Everyone who *Works* at the base is allowed this access.)
6. Level 0 (I guess this means that your D-class or reagular Jackoff Soldiers. I say Jackoff because some of them can't be trusted around some SCP's.)

If anyone has seen Space Station 13, would this stuff work on that? If you haven't look it up or whatever. I really think it could work on there, though some things would have to be left out. Like... Daily funds and stuff... It would mainly focus around Rounds I guess... Or is there a way for what I thought up to actually work?

Edit* About the Dieing... depending on who makes it and where it would go... I see most would lean over to the RESTART as in no saves. Kinda like... You are playing as... YOU!

If it has online option, it should be small group 4-8 (maybe when you make a server you can choose)
I like the idea that you start at level 0, then rank up. Will the rank still be there if you make a new game (new game+?) or does it reset?

We also have to think of what you can do in there. This is kinda a simulator, right?
So maybe, you can just go around the place, rutine and stuff, talk to people, take notes, go to meetings, etc....
However, that doesn't seem to appealing. Thats why making it a MMO sounds good, you know, an RP server. The admins/mods/etc... could be the level-5 doctors (or even the 05), and the other members have to rank up. Of course getting to level-5 would be hard, but it won't give them the admin powers.

Hmmm, we are making a really complicated game here. :D

Also, bluefox, theres an SCP RP thread, so you can play there.

Hmm, if you think about it. This game is just the RP thread, but realistic, and almost no action.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Whoever saw my last post forget it! I will not give up. I still say it can be different from an forum RP. Fact is, we want a simulation, not a whatever happens RP. We want realism in our game, and perhaps... if we find the right people... make this game come to systems! Who know, the possibility's could be endless!