Re: SCP- The Doctors

spartan322 wrote:How are we gonna do the game? 8-bit? Realistic? Cartoonish (like FTL)?
I personally prefer the cartoonish style.

I would like 8-bit or Realistic, a cartoonish style for a SCP game is like a child version for Amnesia or Slender, make more the game as a "Semi-Realistic" ambience rather than a Cartoon style, it takes out the "OMG i don't want that to happen!" sensation
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

Currently I'm making it text based. Mostly because I suck with graphics and am clueless about program networking. It also works as a test to see how the idea goes across.
I know someone else mentioned converting it to visual though after we saw how the text version went over

Any new progress on the game?
If we are making the textures 8/16-bit, I can help, I have experience with using pixels.
garbo wrote:So, Spartan, how is the logo going?
Still trying, Gimp hates me. Also, I work with pixels, and the image is huge, so I have to spend more time in it.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

UPDATE: Joining facilities is now enabled, including the auto creation of new ones when all others are full. The first facility is now up and running (though it's not really doing anything at the moment.) :)

Goals:
Personnel allocation and other management details.
Events and decisions.
Consequences of those decisions and the effects on the the facility and the players.
And we'll see where we go from there.

Note: All updates will be posted at: http://scpdoctors.boards.net/index.cgi? ... y&thread=4 now. I'll post up here if there is a really major one, but I don't want to clutter up the boards here. Please post any suggestions you may have as well. Thanks.

spartan322 wrote:What do you mean by "joining facilities"?
I had mentioned earlier in this thread that all facilities would be instanced and independent of one another. Basically, when you sign up, you can simply chat on the forums or do whatever it is you do when you're not playing, and then you could join a partially empty facility as one of three players who will participate in it (starting from Level 1 and working your way up to 5). I decided to do this over one massive facility, because it ensures that everyone has something to do, and it is still fairly controllable.

I'll include global and inter-facility chat rooms as well, so everyone's not totally isolated.

Also, I'm thinking that a very basic top-down approach might be interesting to try once this is more fully fleshed out (running from escaped Class Ds or SCPs would make it a bit more interesting, as well as a few other gameplay elements, such as NPC and player interaction)... as well as about 15 or so NPC's with their own unique AI's and personalities. This all would be much later on in development though if implemented.