SCP: Doctors Degree

This thread is for my upcoming game SCP: Doctors Degree. It will focus a lot less on the scary bits of The Foundation and more on what it actually does. That is testing,containing, and capturing SCPs. In SCP: Doctors Degree, you are a recently hired doctor.

The game is under non-constant development, so don't ask for a release date. If you feel you can assist development (3D Modeling, Coding, Superior Knowledge on Unity) feel free to ask. The game will run in Unity because I found it simpler develop. Please don't suspect something the altitude of SCP Containment Breach, mainly because I am no professional. I will not accept money donations for various reasons. You can donate via helping development.

Have a way to test an SCP? Feel free to submit your idea here and you can get your name in the credits.

Re: SCP: Doctors Degree

Ah, great, this is really something I've been looking forward to. An SCP related game where you... do what a Foundation doctor does best and test. Not fight off invincible reptiles or escape a purgatory of unspoken entities, just test.

This seems really promising though, perhaps add some roleplay elements? Like adding your name, credentials and other info to make the experience a little immersive? I'd always love to see a note that tells me to do something with my actual name written. Also, I'd really like to see what SCPs people will suggest, and which ones are implemented.

I'd like to ask if I could help with sound but I've gotten a bit over zealous as of late and have bitten off a bit more than I can chew. I'm constantly working on one mod, and have to work with a couple other and a separate game, as well as contributing to CB itself. If anything though, I'll see what I can do, I could also help with writing and texturing (more like creating the textures themselves, not applying to the models). And suggestions for SCPs of course!
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Ah, great, this is really something I've been looking forward to. An SCP related game where you... do what a Foundation doctor does best and test. Not fight off invincible reptiles or escape a purgatory of unspoken entities, just test.

This seems really promising though, perhaps add some roleplay elements? Like adding your name, credentials and other info to make the experience a little immersive? I'd always love to see a note that tells me to do something with my actual name written. Also, I'd really like to see what SCPs people will suggest, and which ones are implemented.

I'd like to ask if I could help with sound but I've gotten a bit over zealous as of late and have bitten off a bit more than I can chew. I'm constantly working on one mod, and have to work with a couple other and a separate game, as well as contributing to CB itself. If anything though, I'll see what I can do, I could also help with writing and texturing (more like creating the textures themselves, not applying to the models). And suggestions for SCPs of course!
Thank You! Sound effects would be lovely. Stepping, picking up, and some other generic stuff. I've been thinking of this whole name thing, I'll PM an idea I had to you (prevent spoilers for general public.

Ideas for SCPs that can be tested in the game, I would suggest SCP 914, The clockworks.

Inspiration for testing materials can be gotten from the testing logs for this SCP, and you could also add some self picked results, adding a few more different items and chances to what could be made from the different settings.

Suggesting 914 because it is ranked as one of my absolute favorites of all the SCPs, and I would do anything to have a real life version of it, othee than having a game where you can test it out as much as you wish without having to only pass by for a short moment during the game.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Sparks wrote:Ideas for SCPs that can be tested in the game, I would suggest SCP 914, The clockworks.

Inspiration for testing materials can be gotten from the testing logs for this SCP, and you could also add some self picked results, adding a few more different items and chances to what could be made from the different settings.

Suggesting 914 because it is ranked as one of my absolute favorites of all the SCPs, and I would do anything to have a real life version of it, othee than having a game where you can test it out as much as you wish without having to only pass by for a short moment during the game.
I am definitely putting SCP-914 into the game but it may not be on first release because it will probably be hard to code.

True, 914 would maybe take the longest because of the 100s and maybe 1000 s of possible outcomes from even the most basic of input items because of its random upgrading or degrading depending on the setting used.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

gamer35 wrote:Thank You! Sound effects would be lovely. Stepping, picking up, and some other generic stuff. I've been thinking of this whole name thing, I'll PM an idea I had to you (prevent spoilers for general public.
Yeah, when I can get the time, I'll go and create some various stuff, like footsteps, object interactions and other basic stuff for the core gameplay. I'd also be glad to discuss gameplay mechanics and whatnot like the name suggestion, so yeah.
It slep time bunner.

will it have an story line or just challenges/minigames testing different kind of SCP´s? Talking about the purpose of the game is just to do the everyday job of a (fancy) doctor from the foundation, i would find quite interesting the idea of a storyline, otherwise the challenges and mini games wihout following a story or something is really nice.
How about a nice game of chess?

Mestiar wrote:will it have an story line or just challenges/minigames testing different kind of SCP´s? Talking about the purpose of the game is just to do the everyday job of a (fancy) doctor from the foundation, i would find quite interesting the idea of a storyline, otherwise the challenges and mini games wihout following a story or something is really nice.
There will be somewhat of a story line. The game has a day system. You complete days. The save system will work with these days.