SCP: The Shadows

This is a WIP,

Plot: You are a security guard that has been working for a total of two weeks at the Site. During his shift he falls asleep, while he's asleep the power goes out and a bunch of SCP's escape, when he awakes he finds himself in the dark with only a flashlight and his trusty sidearm. Your objective is to turn the power back on and send for help and as well you must help several scientists escape the Foundation.

News: Game is Getting an overhaul, new map layout (Not like you saw the last one), Reworking a lot of scripts. Also I finally have some members so things will be picking up and getting rolling.

Version: Developer Version 0.0.5 (pre-alpha) Update Name: The Item SCP Update

Version coming soon: Development Version 0.0.6 (pre-alpha) Update Name: The Massive Update (Don't Even Ask)
Spoiler
SCP's In the game so far:

SCP-079 "Old AI" (Not Working as of yet)
SCP-173 "The Sculpture" (cameo)
SCP-714 "The Jade Ring" (Reworking Script)
SCP-1025 "Encyclopedia of Common Diseases" (Reworking Script)
SCP-420-J "The World's Best ____!" (Reworking Script)
SCP-151 "The Painting" (working and only Extremely Deadly if you enter its chamber)
SCP-080 "The Boogieman" (working and less deadly, recontainable)
SCP-457 "The Burning Man" (working and less deadly, recontainable)
SCP-513 "Cowbell" (Thanks to SCP-513 for the model, works)
SCP-310 "Eternal Flame" (Reworking Script)
Spoiler
SCP's I want to add:

SCP-303 "The Doorman"
SCP-073 "Cain" (coming in the End Update (It's just a name not really the end))
SCP-076-2 "Able" (coming in the End Update (It's just a name not really the end))
SCP-538 "Shadow Spiders"
SCP-172 "Clockwork man" (coming in the Mecha Update)
SCP-174 "Ventriloquist's Dummy"
SCP-914 "The Clockworks" (coming in the Mecha Update)
SCP-682 (last to add as a type of boss-ish thing) "Hard to Destroy Reptile" (coming in the Finish Update (This is the last Update))
SCP-096 (cameo-ish) "The Shyguy"
SCP-093 (I have an idea for this) "Red Sea Object"
SCP-860 "Blue Key"
SCP-500 "Panacea" (adding soon)
SCP-019 "Monster Pot" (adding soon)
SCP-049 "Plague Doctor" (coming in the Plague Update)
SCP-053 "Young Girl"
Spoiler
SCP's Removed From Game Fully
SCP-106 "The Old Man"
SCP-017 "Shadow Person"
Spoiler
Update List

V0.0.0 (The Mess)
V0.0.1 (The Start Update)
V0.0.2 (The First Real Update)
V0.0.3 (The Messy Update)
V0.0.4 (The Very Basic GUI Update)
V0.0.5 (The Larger Map Update)
V0.0.6 (The Massive Update)
V0.0.7 (The Room Update)
V0.0.8 (The End Update)
V0.0.9 (The Day before Update)
V0.1.0 (The Alpha Update)
V0.1.1 (REDACTED)
V0.1.3 (The Joke Update)
V0.1.4 (The Mecha Update)
V0.1.2 (The Skipped Update)
V0.1.5 (The Options Update)
V0.1.6 (The ████████ update)
V0.1.7 (The Plague Update)
V0.1.8 (The Vermin Update)
The Rest are a surprise, But this should satisfy anyone wondering what I may add in the upcoming Updates
I accept any help from 3d modeling to texturing to even sound effects, if you help out you will get your name in the credits.
Pm me if you have anyway to help, I greatly appreciate help.

The Game is starting slowly because of several things one is I can't find anyone willing to help me 3d model (except one). (I hate being untalented at art and patience). I am doing the best any one person can do, but it may seem like I may have to put it on hiatus till I get a team (not on Hiatus yet).

(Ugh I really hate two things in life, me being artistically challenged and the artists who rub it in my face)
Last edited by Salvador on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
SCP The Shadows Lead Developer!
Developer of the "Destroy The Moon Series" (Releasing after SCP: The Shadows is in Alpha)
Developing a Secret SCP Based Game

Re: SCP: The Shadows

Salvador wrote:This is a WIP,

Plot: You are a security guard that has been working for a total of two weeks at the Site. During his shift he falls asleep, while he's asleep the power goes out and a bunch of SCP's escape, when he awakes he finds himself in the dark with only a flashlight and his trusty sidearm. Your objective is to turn the power back on and send for help and as well you must help several scientists escape the Foundation.

SCP's In the game so far:

SCP-079 "Old AI" (Not Working as of yet)
SCP-173 "The Sculpture" (Not Working as of yet)
SCP-714 "The Jade Ring" (Not working as of yet)
SCP-1025 "Encyclopedia of Common Diseases" (not working as of yet)
SCP-420-J "The World's Best ____!" (soon to be working)
SCP-151 "The Painting" (working and Extremely Deadly)
SCP-080 "The Boogieman" (working and Deadly, floats through walls)
SCP-457 "The Burning Man" (working and Extremely deadly, walks through walls)

SCP's I want to add:

SCP-303 "The Doorman"
SCP-076-2 "Able"
SCP-538 "Shadow Spiders"
SCP-174 "Ventriloquist's Dummy"
SCP-914 "The Clockworks"
SCP-682 (Maybe) "Hard to Destroy Reptile"
SCP-096 (Maybe) "The Shyguy"
SCP-106 (Maybe) "The Old Man"
SCP-093 (I have an idea for this) "Red Sea Object"
SCP-513 "Cowbell"
SCP-860 "Blue Key"
SCP-500 "Panacea"
SCP-019 "Monster Pot"
SCP-049 "Plague Doctor"
SCP-053 "Young Girl"

I accept any help from 3d modeling to texturing to even sound effects, if you help out you will get your name in the credits.
Pm me if you have anyway to help, I greatly appreciate help.
Nitpick: Why not try other SCPs aside from the obvious ones already in Containment Breach? If you need help with finding other SCPs for your game, just ask me and I'll start a search in the Foundation's SCP lists.

One more thing; try to cut down on the list and try not to make every SCP in there some OTT/OP instakiller.

Z-Bites wrote:
Nitpick: Why not try other SCPs aside from the obvious ones already in Containment Breach? If you need help with finding other SCPs for your game, just ask me and I'll start a search in the Foundation's SCP lists.

One more thing; try to cut down on the list and try not to make every SCP in there some OTT/OP instakiller.
SCP-080 and 457 aren't working quite right since they walk through wall so until i fix that problem they are temporarily ooc (out of commision), I am looking into other SCP's that fit into the style of the game which is all about Shadows, and memetic effects.

SCP-303, 174, 080, 513 and 053 all give off memetic effects for example, if you look at SCP-080 too long or are in the same room as it for too long you fall into a deep sleep which in this case will cause your death.

And SCP-173 will be in the game but only as an event where its chasing someone not as a enemy.
Developer of the "Destroy The Moon Series" (Releasing after SCP: The Shadows is in Alpha)

Salvador wrote:
Z-Bites wrote:

SCP-080 and 457 aren't working quite right since they walk through wall so until i fix that problem they are temporarily ooc (out of commision), I am looking into other SCP's that fit into the style of the game which is all about Shadows, and memetic effects.

SCP-303, 174, 080, 513 and 053 all give off memetic effects for example, if you look at SCP-080 too long or are in the same room as it for too long you fall into a deep sleep which in this case will cause your death.

And SCP-173 will be in the game but only as an event where its chasing someone not as a enemy.
Shadows, you say?

I know I'm going against what I just recommended, but perhaps you could use SCP-017 in your game?

I am rethinking SCP-017 but as an optional release, However I would like people to give me their thoughts on what SCP's to add and which to avoid (like overused ones)

Like I said before and I will say it again the purpose of this game isn't to just survive, it's to show off unused SCP's like SCP-080 (my personal favourite) and SCP-303 (my second favourite). As well as show off unused SCP's (I have read pretty much all of the first series of SCP's, working through the one's I have found tasteless).
Spoiler
If this game gets to alpha, I will start a Sequel to SCP: The Shadows so far its a nameless game that isn't started, lols

Salvador wrote:I am rethinking SCP-017 but as an optional release, However I would like people to give me their thoughts on what SCP's to add and which to avoid (like overused ones)

Like I said before and I will say it again the purpose of this game isn't to just survive, it's to show off unused SCP's like SCP-080 (my personal favourite) and SCP-303 (my second favourite). As well as show off unused SCP's (I have read pretty much all of the first series of SCP's, working through the one's I have found tasteless).
Spoiler
If this game gets to alpha, I will start a Sequel to SCP: The Shadows so far its a nameless game that isn't started, lols
Well, let's see here... if there's one unused scip that comes to mind, it would have to be SCP-020. I remember one guy coming up with an idea for it in CB where you'd walked into a 020-infected area and then you'd look into surveillance equipment to realize that you have been infected and that maybe SCP-500 could cure it? I dunno.

Z-Bites wrote:
Well, let's see here... if there's one unused scip that comes to mind, it would have to be SCP-020. I remember one guy coming up with an idea for it in CB where you'd walked into a 020-infected area and then you'd look into surveillance equipment to realize that you have been infected and that maybe SCP-500 could cure it? I dunno.
SCP-020 looks nice, I may include this SCP in a event like an event like 008 does in SCP: CB...Only cure would be SCP-500

I'm looking into some other SCP's right now...

Games coming along well, but is held back a bit by the annoying little thing called moving... But the map is starting to get more spacious and creepy, and several new SCP's have been added. I am also reworking a lot of my scripts to make them more reusable for things coming down the road. I forgot one thing to add SCP-173 and SCP-106 have events added into the game and SCP-096's event is coming soon.

I have a question for the public which would you like to see In Game:

1. SCP-217

2. SCP-427

3. SCP-993

4. This is the other option (Please post what other SCP you think would be good in game)

Salvador wrote:Games coming along well, but is held back a bit by the annoying little thing called moving... But the map is starting to get more spacious and creepy, and several new SCP's have been added. I am also reworking a lot of my scripts to make them more reusable for things coming down the road. I forgot one thing to add SCP-173 and SCP-106 have events added into the game and SCP-096's event is coming soon.

I have a question for the public which would you like to see In Game:

1. SCP-217

2. SCP-427

3. SCP-993

4. This is the other option (Please post what other SCP you think would be good in game)
I vote for 993, mainly because it would be an interesting non-harmful scare for the player. As for other scips, I have nothing at the moment.