SCP - Virtual Pets Simulator

So uhm, yeah the game's dead. Not because I lost interest (though I might've by this point) but because the software I was using (GameSalad) suddenly got rid of its free versions, locking me out of the project until I get a Pro license. Since I have no plans to do that the project is dead. Maybe if I'm feeling particularly inspired I could rewrite the project in C# but I'm busy with CB 1.4 and University now, so just assume it's dead.

So the premise for this game is that you're a researcher working at the SCP Foundation who has volunteered to participate in a simulation where you will be able to take care of SCPs. The game will be 2D and you'll be able to do lots of things with your SCP.

The main idea is that each SCP will have a Hunger, Thirst, Strength, and Endurance bar. Each one of these can be upgraded as you go through the game. By taking good care of your pet, you will start to earn more money which can be used to buy food, drinks, toys for your SCP to play with, tools that can allow you to do more things with your pet, and access to more SCPs to aid you. I'm planning on making things such as food or drinks SCP themed (I've already started working on adding in 109 and 458).

So far, I've been working on SCP-173. The basic game mechanics have been programmed in and I've created a blinking mechanic where 173 will move every time you blink.

Latest Video:
This video shows off 173's new poses.
[youtube]NPJKUxd8D58[/youtube]

Old Videos:
Spoiler
[youtube]mq-x0furTyA[/youtube]
The main thing that I'm currently lacking in my game is textures/sprites. Help with these would be appreciated.

I'll post any updates I make to the game here.
Last edited by CommanderMark on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: SCP - Virtual Pets Simulator

Seems interesting despite the lack of textures, interface, background... well, you know what I mean. When you do put textures in, will the backgrounds be the containment chamber of the current SCP you're using? In case you haven't thought of it yet, it would be a pretty good idea.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

LukeDude759 wrote:When you do put textures in, will the backgrounds be the containment chamber of the current SCP you're using?
Yeah, that was my initial idea for the backgrounds. The only problem is that I lack the skills to make any, but I'll probably worry about the textures later, right now I'm focusing on the game's mechanics.

Yeah, nice! I though that this was a dead idea :D
Good luck! if I can help you to do something, I'll

It doesn't need an story. Just, you have a pet SCP. I wouldn't actually add text to the game (well, if there's a tutorial, it needs some text, ok), just icons for the inventory.
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Cridone wrote:
Spoiler
It looks good. The only thing it's lacking is the organge line below the "Little Caesars" text and the very small text above the "Hot-N-Ready" text (the text is unreadable in the original photo, so you can just use the text written on this box.
garbo wrote:It doesn't need an story. Just, you have a pet SCP. I wouldn't actually add text to the game (well, if there's a tutorial, it needs some text, ok), just icons for the inventory.
Yeah you're probably right, I've already gone ahead and removed the story.