SCP-008(made on the Unity Engine)

Hello everyone. I'm never someone to do this, but I considered making a game off of SCP-008. Tell me what you guys think. I also need ideas. And if any of you dare steal my idea, I'll slap you with a large trout.

LARGE EDIT: I finally settled on a plot and stuff. Here we go...

You are a Scientist in the SCP Foundation, and your clearance level is 3. You are in your office, when suddenly, the lights shut off, and your friend is pounced by a zombie, and gets his throat ripped out. You hit the zombie in the face with a lamp and you electrocute it to death, but you attracted a lot of attention to yourself, so you move out of the area quickly, only to see that a hoard of zombies are chasing you. Now you have to run from them, find a place to hide, shut the door, and continue finding weapons. I will not give away ANY MORE OF THE STORY.
Last edited by D-9999 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

Re: SCP-008(made on the Unity Engine)

Well, it's about time that someone made a game for the zombie plague.

What I had in mind was maybe you're stuck within one of the G2 sites that contain a sample of the 008 prion. The site has just gone into a full-blown lockdown from an outbreak of 008; the result of a big test session that went wrong. You hear the intercom voice announce the lockdown of the site while sitting in some room not too far from the testing area and realize that you can't stay where you are or else the infected might get you. So, you step out of the room and into the dark halls lit up by nothing more than dim red lights as the alarms go off.

The goal of the game would be to evade the 008 zombies long enough for the security to regain control of the site. The area you are in isn't that big and the zombies travel in packs. Vents give you good cover, but the smoldering air will cause you to feel sleepy, so you can't hide in them forever. Medical kits will help to heal injuries, but infection will be harder to deal with or, at the worst, permanent.

That's all I got right now. What do you think, D?

Z-Bites wrote:Well, it's about time that someone made a game for the zombie plague.

What I had in mind was maybe you're stuck within one of the G2 sites that contain a sample of the 008 prion. The site has just gone into a full-blown lockdown from an outbreak of 008; the result of a big test session that went wrong. You hear the intercom voice announce the lockdown of the site while sitting in some room not too far from the testing area and realize that you can't stay where you are or else the infected might get you. So, you step out of the room and into the dark halls lit up by nothing more than dim red lights as the alarms go off.

The goal of the game would be to evade the 008 zombies long enough for the security to regain control of the site. The area you are in isn't that big and the zombies travel in packs. Vents give you good cover, but the smoldering air will cause you to feel sleepy, so you can't hide in them forever. Medical kits will help to heal injuries, but infection will be harder to deal with or, at the worst, permanent.

That's all I got right now. What do you think, D?
I liked the idea, I really did. There's just one thing I need to add in there. These are infected. They can be killed, and guns are ideal, right? NO! I'm not going to add guns(I'm talking to myself), but instead, I'll add melee weapons, but ones that you would find in real life, like a crowbar or pipe. But they won't dish out a lot of damage, and it's best you throw them. Using them in a close situation will likely get you infected or killed, so a close encounter would be hard to deal with, so I'd add shoving mechanics, allowing you to push away infected, not dealing any damage whatsoever, and giving you time to run.

Other than that, I'm dead for ideas. Any other ideas? X3

D-9999 wrote:-
Well, how about random generation? And here's a idea for a scene.
Here's a sketch for the scene
The idea is, you come through the left or right door, the Doctor(scientist) grabs something(Syringe?) off the shelf, then faces up at you, runs to the door where the zombie, is and presses the button multiple times. after 4 times, The doctor says "Damm, it's locked" when he walks to the other door next to the bridge door, the door where the zombie is falls to the side. Then a pack of zombies come through the door and the door the Doctor is heading to is also locked, the zombies corner him(underneath the bridge) and you can hear the doctor being torn apart. Maybe you can see some limbs being thrown around? And after 1 min or, 29 secs. If you're still in the room the zombies notice you and start jumping at the glass. But if you remain in the glass catwalk for more then a minute both doors near he shelf open and zombies start walking in.

What do you think? might take allot of work.
Last edited by Cridone on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:
D-9999 wrote:
Z-Bites wrote:-snip-
SNIP!
Well, how about random generation? And here's a idea for a scene.
Here's a sketch for the scene
The idea is, you come through the left or right door, the Doctor(scientist) grabs something(Syringe?) off the shelf, then faces up at you, runs to the door where the zombie, is and presses the button multiple times. after 4 times, The doctor says "Damm, it's locked" when he walks to the other door next to the bridge door, the door where the zombie is falls to the side. Then a pack of zombies come through the door and the door the Doctor is heading to is also locked, the zombies corner him(underneath the bridge) and you can hear the doctor being torn apart. Maybe you can see some limbs being thrown around? And after 1 min or, 29 secs. If you're still in the room the zombies notice you and start jumping at the glass. But if you remain in the glass catwalk for more then a minute both doors near he shelf open and zombies start walking in.

What do you think? might take allot of work.
That sounds like a great idea! But I might need some help doing it. If you want, add me on Skype, if you want to help out and give me idea shoutouts: mariathedclass

Cridone wrote:
D-9999 wrote: That sounds like a great idea! But I might need some help doing it. If you want, add me on Skype, if you want to help out and give me idea shoutouts: mariathedclass
Hopefully skype has a chat kinda thing, since I don't have a microphone.

I can't find you........... Just search Crid0ne and you'll probably find me.

P.S I have a cat as a avater.
Okay.

D-9999 wrote:
Cridone wrote:
D-9999 wrote: That sounds like a great idea! But I might need some help doing it. If you want, add me on Skype, if you want to help out and give me idea shoutouts: mariathedclass
Hopefully skype has a chat kinda thing, since I don't have a microphone.

I can't find you........... Just search Crid0ne and you'll probably find me.

P.S I have a cat as a avater.
Okay.
Added ya'
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time