If you could make your own version of CB...

It's exactly what it says on the tin.

In my opinion, I believe that Containment Breach can have multiple versions of itself since it's concept is pretty vague and when stripped down enough can be made to a countless amount of different ways. Which leads to the point of this thread: if you could make your own version of SCP - Containment Breach, how would to design it and what SCPs would you add? To start things off, I'll use a version of my own that I made up a little while back.

In this particular version, the facility you are located in is much more modern and technology-based than the facility of CB and different forms of locking mechanisms for doors, lockers and containers, such as retinal scanning and fingerprint identification. The facility would consist of a number of sectors made for SCP objects of certain classes, recreational purposes, medical services, storage/office/resources department and so much more. The setting of the compound would consist of multiple floors that are connected by staircases and elevators, though the elevators have been rendered useless due to multiple power failures throughout the place. Along with that, the facility is very dark, like Condemned series style dark, meaning that you are very reliant on flashlights and whatever small light sources you can find for the most part. Along with that, you'll have objectives!

There's more to it than that, but I just didn't want go into it that much to prevent me from boring the readers and because I'd like to talk more about the SCP objects in the game. In this version, none of the SCPs are in the game. Maybe they were used in a mod of some sort, but overall, no CB scips are in this. These are the scips that are encountered in this version. Note that you may have to look up some to get what I'm talking about here:

SCP-323: Wendigo Skull.

SCP-323 and 323-1 would spawn at almost random points of time, the chance and frequency of which rises as you progress through the game. 323 is worn by an ill-fated and bloody researcher who was unfortunate enough to cross paths with it. The skull has caused the man to become insane and cannibalistic, which means that the second the player is spotted by him, he's running for his flesh.

323-1 would pursue the player on site and would keep following them until he has either lost the player or is successful in either 1) killing the player through attacking the throat, or 2) grabbing the player, forcing them to either the wall of the floor and beginning to devour them alive. Pretty straight forward, right?

323-1 wouldn't just mindlessly chase down the player, however. Instead, it would attempt to fool the player at times through taking a different route or hiding behind a crate or door at times, where 323-1 would attempt to grab you and you would have the chance to break free and get a few-second head start. In some cases, he may even slip into a locker, box or vent and wait for you to arrive. If not, he'll burst out and charge at the player. During all of this, 323-1 will be ranting some rather gross quotes.

SCP-035: Possessive Mask.

Throughout the game you will encounter SCP-035, who is attached to the body of a riot control officer. Most of the time, you will only see him passing by or watch him walk past a security camera, though eventually in the game you meet him face-to-face while being separated from each other by a heavily-resistant window. During these encounters, 035 will ask them to help them escape the facility while offering protection from death. During this point, the course of the game will change so that 035's escape becomes their main objective and a number of new tasks will arise as a result of 035's manipulation abilities.

I'm not going into this anymore to prevent spoilers in the event that this version somehow becomes an actual game, but I will say this: 035 plays the largest role as an SCP in this plot.

SCP-005: Skeleton Key.

005 would act as a key for those locks that cannot be unlocked by other means in the game. Given the fact that the site is more high-tech, the extra usage of keypads and retinal scanners limit 005's abilities, but comes in handy when needed to obtain something in a locker or crate that can't be opened with any other key or card.

005 would be very hard to obtain and would be encountered towards the last phases of the game, but the obstacles needed to get it are optional, which is where some alternate ending stuff will occur. A major obstacle for this side-mission would involve either SCP-020 or SCP-743 (I never actually decided on which one to use, so I'm just gonna leave the possibility for both open).

SCP-099: The Portrait.

This scip would be found towards the near-end of the game in a very easy-to-find spot, such as in a case in the middle of the hallway. 099 had been scheduled for transportation, but during the lockdown, the staff carrying it ditched it for their own lives. 099 would be in as I said before a case that requires a not-too-low value item to access. If the player is able to open the case and does open it, they will view 099 and its effects will manifest, causing some significant changes throughout the rest of the game.

Personally, I'm a bit iffy on this one, but I wanted to give it a try.

And that's that. You may now post your own ideas and feedback for this idea (if you even care about it).

Re: If you could make your own version of CB...

SleeperJazz wrote:@ColePatrolGaming- Not trying to be mean here, but why not actually try to learn how to make models and textures and stuff like that?

@Cbjfan1- Oh, lord Jesus, I was the same way when I smelt something burning when I went to get a cold pop!

@Cridone- ...please tell me you know that Regalis made 087-B. I may be missing something here, but seriously...
Did you not see the bottom of my post?
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Re: If you could make your own version of CB...

namenotavalible3 wrote:I would add some better lighting,
The lighting in-game is likely the best the old ass engine can handle.
namenotavalible3 wrote:more SCPs
As if we don't have enough? And a lot of them are just for background uses.
namenotavalible3 wrote:and an optional multiplayer feature.
We've already discussed this before, and I'm working on a Multiplayer Mod.

Oh, and stop reviving dead threads; read the rules.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.