Not Centipedes [Open for grabs]

Ostensibly, SCP-363 are identical to Scolopendra gigantea, or the Amazonian giant centipede. Dietary needs are identical, and DNA inspection has proven no dissimilarities to normal S. gigantea.

SCP-363 is, under normal circumstances, the appropriate size for S. gigantea. In darkness, (darkness defined here as any level of light under 2 lux) which it actively seeks out, however, SCP-363 will grow rapidly and erratically, to sizes up to and exceeding 10 m x 2 m. SCP-363 does not retain the form of a centipede under these conditions. So far, reports have documented: proboscises, tentacles, highly elongated mandibles, an inconsistent number of eyes and legs, and, in one case, [DATA EXPUNGED]. SCP-363 will revert back to normal size and appearance after 2-3 hours of illumination of a level of at least 50 lux.

SCP-363 will attack any animal emitting body heat, and appears to be able to detect and hunt in total darkness. It is assumed it uses other senses to hunt, with vision in a secondary position.

The containment unit of SCP-363 has failed as a result of a traitorous agent destroying its generators in order to cover her escape; however, she also managed to destroy other machines in particular as well, leaving the Site in total darkness and you in the middle of it. Task Force Eta-Seven has been deployed, but they will not arrive for another twenty minutes. Until then, you must fend for yourself in the dark corridors that make up the South Wing of Site-13...

xxx

So I came across this again while looking through the threads and decided to make this for anyone willing to take the idea as their own. Feel free to leave comments about the idea as well.
Last edited by Z-Bites on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

RPG Not Centipedes

I think I might make this as an RPG game. I am getting RPG Maker VX Ace when I have the money, so I guess that will be my first game on that engine. I have interest in this idea, so I thought it would be good for me to make, and something for me to do.
[color=#00BF00]Omniary[/color] wrote:What if in an alternative universe I didn't say this, but then it was retrieved 1293871 years later by Wiggly Waffle?

Re: RPG Not Centipedes

wiggly_waffle wrote:I think I might make this as an RPG game. I am getting RPG Maker VX Ace when I have the money, so I guess that will be my first game on that engine. I have interest in this idea, so I thought it would be good for me to make, and something for me to do.
It's all yours. : )