Re: SCP- Mobile Task Force

Twisted Polygon wrote:Alright, it's time for me to bite the bullet... for the past two months or so, no work has been done on SCP: MTF, and no work will be done in the future. However, it hasn't been scrapped, at least not entirely. At one point, I was drawing out a bunch of sketches for the MTF suit, when I realized that I had so much content and ideas that it was the SCP universe that was out of place in the game, not my additions. So, me and my small team decided to just make an entirely original game. The very core idea of playing as a military unit in a secret facility run by a shady organization that captures strange creatures is all that's left. Everything else, from the goals of the organization to the creatures they fight (its more of a war than a scientific endevour) is different than scp.

It's going to be on the Unreal 4 engine, with a development time of "a few years" and a title "TBD". I know, very vague. But progress is being made.

The original MTF model(unfinished):
Spoiler
The new "Trooper Model" at low resolution(not game ready, mind you, but showing the whole high res model at once can crash my PC):
Spoiler
That old monster i posted awhile back(Probably scrapped, but it's cool):
Spoiler
A new monster design(it doesn't have a small head, it's just very tall):
Spoiler
Same, but mid shape-shifting(yeah, that's right!):
Spoiler
So while I probably won't do much SCP stuff, I might update this thread once I've set up a decent website(and maybe my own forums) for anyone who wants to keep updated.

Mirocaine wrote:So like after reading this thread I went and took an ice cold shower, then pinched myself about 7 times to ensure I wasn't dreaming about seeing real, quality SCP game content outside of SCP:CB. Looks awesomely promising, keep up the good work (coding/scripting can be a pain in the neck!)
Sorry man, but I hope you and anyone else who was looking forward to this will enjoy what I'm making just as much, if not more than MTF. You guys have been great, and I'm really looking forward to the next few years of making this.
are you looking for any more help? if so what positions, and what would the requirements be.

We're working on fleshing out the ideas before really getting into contet creation. What I've done so far is just because I had free time. Most of the real effort has been towards establishing what can happen in the universe, what makes sense, going over idea after idea for settings and characters. There's a good amount of content done, but once we have a definite list of what needs to be made, we'll set up a list of positions we need filled. Thanks for the offer though.
Modeler, Texturer, Animator in training, and novice voice actor.

Spread the word: http://infinitescopeproductions.blogspot.com/

How can we stay up to date with the creation of the new game? It sounds like it will be amazing, albeit that I am sad because I would have loved a game like this set in the SCP universe, I am still excited to see this game in action!
"Hello" ~ SCP - 049

Hoskinator wrote:How can we stay up to date with the creation of the new game? It sounds like it will be amazing, albeit that I am sad because I would have loved a game like this set in the SCP universe, I am still excited to see this game in action!
QUIT. NECRO. POSTING.

inhale my dong enragement child

omneh plz lock k thnx
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

CLgaming wrote:QUIT. NECRO. POSTING.

inhale my dong enragement child

omneh plz lock k thnx
Or, you can report the post (good job) and leave (not good job).