(Canceled) Mirror's Edge: Containment Breach

Current version:
Beta 1.1

Older versions:
Beta 1.0b:
Spoiler
-I replaced the placeholder logo with a new one:
-Light-Containment is almost fully mapped, just the security room, some test chamber and tiny details left.
-I will remake the zombie animations, the ones I have now, are only good for screens.
-1st trailer 31st October 2014, estimated final release, 31st October 2015.
-I'm working on this alone, the project is literally one man army, as I'm trying to create something everyone can enjoy.
-A cheat menu for the lazy ones and testers.
-Scripted SCP-173 surprises.
-New sink.
Alpha 0.5:
Spoiler
[youtube]/watch?v=SF1ZE0dMHz8[/youtube]
See older vids on:
http://www.youtube.com/abincyprus
Last edited by Abincyprus on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:49 am, edited 22 times in total.

Re: (W.I.P) Mirror's Edge: Containment Breach

Irontaco wrote:Awesome that you're gonna keep working on this! What do you have in mind for the plot?
Faith will be on her normal job delivering bags, she gets chased by Mobile Task Force Epsilon-1 and gets caught. SCP foundation is not sure if Faith will be a D-Class or an SCP, due to Faith's unusual abilities to avoid gunfire and survive impossible combat situations like the battle in Shard (final level in Mirror's Edge). Faith wakes up in a cell and then led to a lab, where 173 is located (I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a dynamic 173 tho, since I'm limited to Kismet, maybe a few heavy scripted scenes), a new completely secure cell was made, with 3 doors leading to the test chamber, structure being taller and having newer technology. However, around 25 years ago SCP079 was stolen by the only remaining chaos insurgency agent (a scientist). Chaos insurgency has been wiped out since the government totalitarianism(Mirror's Edge's main plot). SCP079 was given a much newer computer and therefore now possesses more power. He was placed in [REDACTED] (I won't tell you his location, since you will be able to find it and destroy it ;), I'll try to do some cross level stuff). So, SCP079 breaks the new SCP Foundation security and opens almost all the chambers (as seen on the title screen test).

++Focus++ wrote:This sounds like a lot of work ahead, good luck ;)
Yeah, indeed. :(
++Focus++ wrote:The storyline doesn't provide information about the game itself, otherwise the just the character itself is described.
The game will have 10 levels. I will add parkour elements to the site and add more SCPs and probably remove the ones from SCP CB. I will create a demo level first, with the intro similar to SCP CB.
The aim is to create a mod as good as or better than SCP CB with good graphics and something unique. It will be semi-linear, you will be allowed to roam around the facility but the outcome will be almost the same (engine limitations). But don't worry, it won't be a corridor game. :l
Thought different endings will be done.

Made some tiny progress. Also some scenes for the main menu.
D-Class holding area
This hall will connect to the maintenance corridors (that will look exactly like the ones from SCP CB, to avoid distance from the game's lore):
The cells:
Niborius wrote:Can't wait to see more progress of this.
Thanks. I'm working on it.
Niborius wrote: I'm really excited! Best of luck, and if you need me for anything, let me know.
You can help me with the SCPs. :)
Or anything, just tell me what you can do.