SCP - The Chaos Insurgency (Idea)

I have an idea for a game called SCP: The Chaos Insurgency, it's a game where you go around SCP Sites and try to free SCPs while trying to not be detected.

Story: Your a Chaos Insurgency Agent doing usual work on the SCPs you've stolen so far from the foundation. While doing your usual boring paper work you see posters up everywhere at your work station saying that their recruiting CI agents to go work undercover at the SCP Foundation to study the SCPs they currently have contained. Seeing as how you find your current work increadebly boring you decide to sign up. Within a few months your are an SCP personnel working at the Foundation. After working there for quite some time you get a message from the head of the Chaos Insurgency Group giving all undercover personnel the order to start a containment breach. You find it weird since it seemed like they wanted to steal the SCPs and not just release them. You move this thought to the back of your mind and proceed to use your level 1 Keycard to deactivate one of the Sites power generators. Little did you know that there would be more to this then just turning off their power and escaping.

Genre: First Person Stealth/Shooter Game

Gimmick: Depending on what SCPs you release first will effect how you can release the other SCPs and it also effects how difficult the game will get later on (Example: Giving 079 access to the facility makes it easier for you to access higher level security doors, but giving 079 access is difficult). You need key cards, weapons and even certain SCPs to release the other SCPs without being detected (or you can attempt to go in guns blazing if you got SCP-127).

This is only an idea since my programming skills are not that good (A.K.A. Their terrible).

SCPs that will be in the game:
SCP-000-J (Your "Checklist" for which SCPs you've released)
SCP-079
SCP-096
SCP-106
SCP-682
SCP-294
SCP-008
SCP-500
SCP-127
SCP-009
SCP-860
SCP-076
SCP-899
SCP-573
Last edited by CommanderMark on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Re: SCP-000 (FPS Game)

1.How looks like SCP-000?
2.Both engine is fine...
Had feel trip over [REDACTED]. Don't want to do that again.
Best chemical comes from mixing hope and dream.
RAMIREZ,
KILL THE SCP-682!

RusskiSam wrote:1.How looks like SCP-000?
2.Both engine is fine...
You don't see what he looks since the game is in First Person, but if I were do describe him, he looks like [REDACTED].
Last edited by CommanderMark on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Let's be honest, SCP-000 is as cliche as it could be (I have seen this idea on the wiki before being deleted by negative rating, multiple times). Also a D-class would never posses a keycard.

The only appeal would be the high number of SCPs, whose characterizations should be butchered in order to be friendly with anything.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:Let's be honest, SCP-000 is as cliche as it could be (I have seen this idea on the wiki before being deleted by negative rating, multiple times). Also a D-class would never posses a keycard.

The only appeal would be the high number of SCPs, whose characterizations should be butchered in order to be friendly with anything.
I kinda have to agree, while I do think that the name SCP-000 is kinda stupid, I can't really think of another name for a person who could communicate with SCPs and would even have a reason to rescue them. (Although I might change its name later on since it's kinda just a placeholder for now).

Don't worry. The name is fine, is the idea behind it what stinks. And I was being literal about seeing it being deleted.

Just don't use the human capable of communicating with SCPs, SCPs that somehow want to be friends instead of killing it. The number of SCP that anything with a brain could want to rescue are rather limited.

In my opinion, you would be better saying that the character is a Chaos insurgency agent trying to steal as many SCP as he can. Being a mole, the knowledge of the Sites and the first keycard are more easily explainable.

Lusor1111 wrote:Don't worry. The name is fine, is the idea behind it what stinks. And I was being literal about seeing it being deleted.

Just don't use the human capable of communicating with SCPs, SCPs that somehow want to be friends instead of killing it. The number of SCP that anything with a brain could want to rescue are rather limited.

In my opinion, you would be better saying that the character is a Chaos insurgency agent trying to steal as many SCP as he can. Being a mole, the knowledge of the Sites and the first keycard are more easily explainable.
I'm gonna take you up on that idea. I have revised the story. (Although I think this new one has a plot hole)

Re: SCP-[REDACTED] (FPS Game)

Tell me the plothole please.

Also, the Chaos insurgency doesn't care about the goverment. The Chaos insurgency wants to steal the SCP so they can make weapons out of them to make war.

Re: SCP-[REDACTED] (FPS Game)

Lusor1111 wrote:Tell me the plothole please.

Also, the Chaos insurgency doesn't care about the goverment. The Chaos insurgency wants to steal the SCP so they can make weapons out of them to make war.
I'm gonna revise it again (I misread what the CI were on the wiki.)

Re: SCP: The Chaos Insurgency (FPS Game)

Sounds good. If possible the gun blazing shouldn't be easy, and you would need some planning, but stealth would be harder maybe because of less items. I dunno, I am just throwing ideas out btw.
Look at dishonoured for inspiration for a good stealth game. I know its in a different setting, but its stealth mechanics and items could be applied to this game.
Turkeys are dangerous, they eat camels.