Re: Scp-015

dannypinto wrote:What engine?
I personally use the udk. http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/

In other news. Making pretty good progress, got some of the ambient sounds made, as well as the human flesh material for the pipes. Almost got sick from looking at that goddamn creepy yet strangely poke-able texture. Ill definitely get a short video made to show the effect off within the upcoming days.
Boggle!

DjSaturn wrote:does the UDK you're using still have Kismet?
Sense when did UDK not have kismet? Ive used it and upgraded to the newer releases for over a year and I have never personally stumbled on a version of the UDK without it. I'm currently using the latest version.

In fact I use kismet extensively for prototyping and testing purposes. Its great sense I like to experiment. It also allows me to make sure a feature is important enough to dedicate the coders time too.
Boggle!

I heard somewhere that they were getting rid of it or something.
Must have been a stupid rumor or somethin i heard from someone...

Last time I used UDK was 2 years ago, whatever version i was being trained in was awful, although really rich in features.

How would you rate UDK's user friendly-ness on a scale from 1-10? comparing it to other engines?

DjSaturn wrote:I heard somewhere that they were getting rid of it or something.
Must have been a stupid rumor or something i heard from someone...

Last time I used UDK was 2 years ago, whatever version i was being trained in was awful, although really rich in features.

How would you rate UDK's user friendly-ness on a scale from 1-10? comparing it to other engines?
Your probably thinking of how they announced that they were replacing unrealscript with c++ in ue4. In my experience the UDK is very artist friendly and has a lot of features that streamline art and optimization and generally allows a single person to do a larger variety of tasks.

And one downside is that it only supports unrealscript for the meat of the codework. Whereas some other nice engines generally allow you more options in regards to using a more common programming language. And variety is always nice.
Boggle!

Could you link me the video itself and not a youtube link? Youtube doesn't really work that well for me for some reason. Also answer the above question about user-friendliness using a scale of 1-10.
I am the Butt Ghost. I will eat your butt.

Danesmod wrote:when is this coming out?
IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!
:D
Ill release an alpha for it as soon as the most basic actions are worked out. Ill also post a really nice screenshot and video of more game art soon. Ive been delayed recently due to a vacation to California. But I love what I do so ill still be working on it in my spare time regardless. x3
Boggle!

Sneakyferret wrote:
IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!
Ill release an alpha for it as soon as the most basic actions are worked out. Ill also post a really nice screenshot and video of more game art soon. Ive been delayed recently due to a vacation to California. But I love what I do so ill still be working on it in my spare time regardless. x3
Cool is it going to be made on unity?

MY JIMMIES REMAIN UNRUSTLED.

Danesmod wrote:
Sneakyferret wrote:
IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!
Cool is it going to be made on unity?
the rendering is not a unity render. so no.
SCP WANDER POPULARITY
MMO TYME KINGDOM POPULATIRY