Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

Alphive wrote:Fuck , PXL please make this game my dick become hard xD <3
WTF? :laugh:

Besides that, I think something like expansion packs would be great, but I think it will not be added in the first versions (first, I need to make the mod working properly (it should be at least in a state close to the Beta before I can think of adding it)).

And a note to Alphive: If you want to shorten my name, please then use my real name ("Shaun" or write "SHN"). As "PXL" means "Pixel" and "SHN" means "Shaun" (don't worry, it's just a little side note I wanted to give you :)).

Actually I think the name "ENDSHN" is better for me (means "EnderShaun" or "EndShaun"), but you may know that you don't have the ability to rename yourself on this forum.

PXLSHN wrote:Besides that, I think something like expansion packs would be great, but I think it will not be added in the first versions (first, I need to make the mod working properly (it should be at least in a state close to the Beta before I can think of adding it)).
Sure ! :D its good to have a version enough stable and after add expansion i totally agree :)
PXLSHN wrote:And a note to Alphive: If you want to shorten my name, please then use my real name ("Shaun" or write "SHN"). As "PXL" means "Pixel" and "SHN" means "Shaun" (don't worry, it's just a little side note I wanted to give you :)).
ahahahah ok bro go for Shaun 8)

And i wanted ask you : for exemple to add a room, you must add things in Blitz3D (like code things like that) or you have just to create a room with 3D World Studio, export and add to the rooms folder (\GFX\map) ? :)

For you :

Alphive wrote:
PXLSHN wrote:Besides that, I think something like expansion packs would be great, but I think it will not be added in the first versions (first, I need to make the mod working properly (it should be at least in a state close to the Beta before I can think of adding it)).
Sure ! :D its good to have a version enough stable and after add expansion i totally agree :)
PXLSHN wrote:And a note to Alphive: If you want to shorten my name, please then use my real name ("Shaun" or write "SHN"). As "PXL" means "Pixel" and "SHN" means "Shaun" (don't worry, it's just a little side note I wanted to give you :)).
ahahahah ok bro go for Shaun 8)

And i wanted ask you : for exemple to add a room, you must add things in Blitz3D (like code things like that) or you have just to create a room with 3D World Studio, export and add to the rooms folder (\GFX\map) ? :)

For you :
Thanks for the image, I really appreciate the support of all of you guys!
You can just add a room by putting it inside the "GFX\map\" folder and then you simply need to edit "rooms.INI" located in "Data\". But you must remind the following:
  • Rooms that should only appear once inside a map must be declared in the code (in "MapSystem.bb" inside the "CreateMap" function. Inside this function you need to declare your room to make it spawning)
  • Rooms that should have doors or other things such as Items,Buttons,custom Entitys and such need to be declared in the "MapSystem.bb" inside the "FillRoom" function

EDIT: I've got some ideas that could be added into the game (will not be implemented in the first versions because it would take too much time):
  • Resource Packs: You can change multiple recources and pack it as a Resource Pack, so you can change it whenever you want (got that idea from Minecraft)
  • Expansion Packs (actually the idea came from you guys, but I have an additional idea): They will be scripted like GMod addons, so you can install multiple at once and you can disable/enable these any time if you want (of course not withing the game)
Features for Resource Packs:
  • Texture Changing (would be easy except for the RoomTextures (located in "GFX\map\"))
  • Sound Changing (easy)
  • Model Changing (easy, except for the Animated Meshes)
  • SCP-294 Drink adding and changing (I think this would be pretty easy)
  • Size-Changing of models (to make the ability to rescale them within the ResourcePacks rather than being in need to change them with a modelling program)
  • Item Name changing (would be hard because of the programming how the items work, but would be possible)
  • Material Changing (changing Bump-Textures Path and Change the Material of the Texture) (would currently be unnecessary)
  • Changing the Speed and Size of the NPCs within the game (located in "Data\NPCs.INI")
  • Changing the Animation Frames for each Animation (would currently be a bit harder and would need much time to do that)
  • Giving you the ability to add more ambience sounds (so you don't be limited with the amount the game has)
Features for Expansion Packs:
  • Adding new guns
  • Adding new NPCs
  • Adding new rooms (stuff can be put in)
  • Adding new endings
  • Adding scripted events (with new rooms or even existing rooms)
  • Adding new items
  • Adding new tasks to do (which could lead to different endings)
  • Adding new rooms for the PocketDimension
  • Giving you the ability to add own things in rooms that already exist (like Items,Doors,etc...)
  • Adding own achievements
Legend: Everything marked in yellow means that it's a feature that will maybe be added (not confirmed or such).

PXLSHN wrote:Thanks for the image, I really appreciate the support of all of you guys!
You can just add a room by putting it inside the "GFX\map\" folder and then you simply need to edit "rooms.INI" located in "Data\". But you must remind the following:

Rooms that should only appear once inside a map must be declared in the code (in "MapSystem.bb" inside the "CreateMap" function. Inside this function you need to declare your room to make it spawning)
Rooms that should have doors or other things such as Items,Buttons,custom Entitys and such need to be declared in the "MapSystem.bb" inside the "FillRoom" function
Ok i see but im worried about the .bb file :( when i go to "CreateMap" function i must report the room there ?
PXLSHN wrote:EDIT: I've got some ideas that could be added into the game (will not be implemented in the first versions because it would take too much time):

Resource Packs: You can change multiple recources and pack it as a Resource Pack, so you can change it whenever you want (got that idea from Minecraft)
Expansion Packs (actually the idea came from you guys, but I have an additional idea): They will be scripted like GMod addons, so you can install multiple at once and you can disable/enable these any time if you want (of course not withing the game)
Yes it can be an very good idea ahaha :D we can change things like we want :)
PXLSHN wrote:Features for Resource Packs:

Texture Changing (would be easy except for the RoomTextures (located in "GFX\map\"))
Sound Changing (easy)
Model Changing (easy, except for the Animated Meshes)
SCP-294 Drink adding and changing (I think this would be pretty easy)
Size-Changing of models (to make the ability to rescale them within the ResourcePacks rather than being in need to change them with a modelling program)
Item Name changing (would be hard because of the programming how the items work, but would be possible)
Material Changing (changing Bump-Textures Path and Change the Material of the Texture) (would currently be unnecessary)
Changing the Speed and Size of the NPCs within the game (located in "Data\NPCs.INI")
Changing the Animation Frames for each Animation (would currently be a bit harder and would need much time to do that)
Giving you the ability to add more ambience sounds (so you don't be limited with the amount the game has)

Features for Expansion Packs:

Adding new guns
Adding new NPCs
Adding new rooms (stuff can be put in)
Adding new endings
Adding scripted events (with new rooms or even existing rooms)
Adding new items
Adding new tasks to do (which could lead to different endings)
Adding new rooms for the PocketDimension
Giving you the ability to add own things in rooms that already exist (like Items,Doors,etc...)
Adding own achievements

Legend: Everything marked in yellow means that it's a feature that will maybe be added (not confirmed or such).
Amazing ! and i find very good thaty you are working a lot on your project it can be a really big big game ! and which will stay alive during long time with possibilities available !
Just the project about new tasks added in add on :P !

At least i wait the original version with big impatience !

KirbyMario12345 wrote:
PXLSHN wrote: Changing the Speed and Size of the NPCs within the game (located in "Data\NPCs.INI")
By that I assume you mean you'll optimize it so it actually works? In the vanilla SCP CB, you can change the speed and scale of the NPCs but it doesn't work too well and it fucks with the game a little.
Actually it's a feature that will maybe be added, currently I don't really see the point on doing this (it would simply change these values, so it would "fuck with the game a little") because it wouldn't be really necessary (Scale values for models would then be editable using a config file, so the scale values of the NPCs declared inside the "NPCs.INI" wouldn't be needed to be changed).

EDIT: @Alphive: Yes, you are right located on implementing a room which should spawn only once inside the map (it's hard to describe, so I will show a image of the CreateMap-function inside my NineTailedFoxMod).
Spoiler
Everything marked in red are the new rooms (they will be generated then in the map).
But you know that before you making this, you have to put your room inside the "rooms.INI" file located in "Data\" and here's the example (not a image).
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[room2gs]
descr=Small Gun-Storage Room containing guns
mesh path=NineTailedFoxMod\GFX\map\room2gs.b3d
shape=2
commonness = 0
zone1=3
large = true

[room3ct]
descr=A T-Shaped Entrance Room to the Construction Tunnels
mesh path=NineTailedFoxMod\GFX\map\room3ct.b3d
shape=3
commonness = 0
zone1=2
disabledecals = true
You need to declare the commonness to 0, so you can implement the room inside the CreateMap-function and then you can make sure that it's spawning only once
And you may see that the mesh path is "NineTailedFoxMod\GFX\map\" instead of "GFX\map\", but you don't need to make it like this (I just put my stuff in a seperate folder similar to the "Box of Horrors" mod).

PXLSHN wrote: Actually it's a feature that will maybe be added, currently I don't really see the point on doing this (it would simply change these values, so it would "fuck with the game a little") because it wouldn't be really necessary (Scale values for models would then be editable using a config file, so the scale values of the NPCs declared inside the "NPCs.INI" wouldn't be needed to be changed).
Oh riiiight I get it now :P