[0.6.6] SCP-914 combinations

K̶e̶y̶c̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶p̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶.̶ ur mom iz 2easy 2bang xd So I made a mod that adds difficulty into using SCP-914, forcing the player to take risks for an Omni keycard.

Keycard combinations work like this:
(used MS Paint)

So, even after the player has searched for 3 keycards, there's a chance things will not go as expected.

You could also try upgrading a single keycard by using the "Very Fine" setting. There's 1 out of 3 chances the keycard will upgrade 2 levels (Level 2 > Level 4). If you fail, you will get a Mastercard.
The Mastercard, however, can be reverted to a keycard with the "1:1" setting.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jxjjtmzd8gz9x6 (source included)
Last edited by juanjp600 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: [0.6.6] SCP-914 combinations

actually 914 combines objects in scp canon. And the spider/steel wire incident document inside its room is also a reference to that. What it never does is making an object worse if the settings are either fine or very fine.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:What it never does is making an object worse if the settings are either fine or very fine.
But then 914 is really, really, OP.
(Unless, after like three key-turns, the "key" breaks. That would really suck for the foundation, but you'd have to place all your objects inside and upgrade them all at once.)

mrpeanut188 wrote:
Lusor1111 wrote:It can transform them in useless(ingame) objects, mastercard-style. But there is no object that 914 failed to refine in canon, at least that I know of.
Yes. But a canon 914 would be very over-powered. Why not limit the amount of turns you have?
Limiting the turns you have sounds a bit too unfair (unless you could fix the broken key/knob with something: forcing the player to explore). With this mod I tried to give people many chances while making SCP-914's usage more complicated. Many are complaining on how this mod doesn't go with canon. I'm not Regalis, canon is not my goal. Anyway, there are many other mods that aren't fully true to SCP or whatever thing that was ever created before (such as the Slender Mod, or the MLP mod) so I don't understand why you'd be complaining about that here.

And SCP-914 without modding is also "un-canon" since the room it takes should be larger to allow 18 square meters of space, a bell should be heard rather than just the clockworks, and a key card on Very Fine can make a MasterCard, an example of "inverse/bad/failed" refining.

18 square meters is a fairly small place, are you sure the actual room does not have much more than that area? Also the mastercard is not a failure, is just that 914 refined the wrong quality. You are right on the bell, but I always supposed that it would be added later, in the same way the labels were corrected on the previous version of the game. And That asking for a fully canon 914 is asking for an imposible. I would not say that.

And I am not complaining, I actually like your idea, I just don't see why you would revert an item, when making it useless is more effective to make the player think twice about using 914. You can always upgrade a level 1 keycard again, you can't upgrade the mastercard. Aside for being more similar to canon.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.