Re: Refactored NPC AI Project

mrpeanut188 wrote:
InnocentSam wrote: I read your post, but I couldn't take it seriously with your avatar. Seriously, what is it, it scares me :cry:
This.
OH MY GOD! I watched that cartoon at least a billion times and I never noticed that that was your avatar.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Due to the emergence of a C++ rebuild of SCP:CB, I've decided that this is the wrong time to be reworking anything in the game. Rather, I think we should start thinking forward with our designs rather than build on top of what we already have.

With that said, I'm no longer looking into changing SCP:CB on Blitz, and I will offer my thoughts later once the game has been rebuilt under C++.

OmiSC wrote:Due to the emergence of a C++ rebuild of SCP:CB, I've decided that this is the wrong time to be reworking anything in the game. Rather, I think we should start thinking forward with our designs rather than build on top of what we already have.

With that said, I'm no longer looking into changing SCP:CB on Blitz, and I will offer my thoughts later once the game has been rebuilt under C++.
Remember that only one person is performing the core translation. But I also wait for the day when I can refactor event states from the engine without tearing it apart...
M-x dingus-mode

OmiSC wrote:Hey guys!

I understand this might be a bit cryptic, but I just finished something cool. While I do intend to write up exactly what it is, I figured I'd just post it here and run and go eat. See if anyone can figure out what it is before I get back. :D

http://lab.dyndns-ip.com/scpcb/
Looks very similar to my idea for the scp-860 forest. :)

Since its a randomly generated modular room system currently, I was thinking that it could become like a sort've '3d grid' map generation system, with defined rules and things spawning staircases and elevators to various parts of the site, basically similar to mine crafts block generation system, but not totally.

Mirocaine wrote: Since its a randomly generated modular room system currently, I was thinking that it could become like a sort've '3d grid' map generation system, with defined rules and things spawning staircases and elevators to various parts of the site, basically similar to mine crafts block generation system, but not totally.
This is what my mod is trying to achieve. It's gonna have over 6 floors, so it's gonna take a LONG TIME.
But, this can be much simpler, as the Maintainance Elevator just has an elevator and a sign, won't be to hard to create a hallway on everyfloor, then just spawn things from there.