Re: Half-Life: Resonance Cascade

CLgaming wrote:We are currently in great need of a modeler for the Vorti- :106: and the Alien Grunt :096:

If you want to be involved in the skype group, My skype is Chandler Tackett and all you have to do is ask to join the group.

As for progress, Omniary has done great work on the Guard and MTF body textures.
Why don't you just rip them straight from HL1 for now, work on all the code, rooms, textures, etc, then go back to modelling? It just seems to me that you're doing development wibbly-wobbly-like. This is just my opinion, but here's how I think development should go:
  • Work on the room first. Tedious and difficult, get it the hell out of the way.
  • Next up, items. Use placeholder models/textures, just get the code done. Since the room was done, you can place all your items in easily.
  • NPCs. Again, placeholder models until the code is done.
  • Room events and other coding tidbits.
  • Then once everything works, then do all the final models and textures, documents, loading screens, etc.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: Half-Life: Resonance Cascade

I'll finish changing item names either today or tomorrow, as I said, the renaming stuff took much longer than I expected, since when the code refers to an item, it refers to it s a name and a template. If it just referred the template, it'd be done by now.
Damn you Reg and you spaghetti code.
needless to say I'm happy mlf:cim died
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Re: Half-Life: Resonance Cascade (RELEASED)

It's a really well made mod, I find it entertaining and interesting (mostly because it's about Half-Life). The sounds in it are awesome. The darker textures add eeriness to the game's atmosphere. I also noticed you bundled the WYSIWYG Map Creator in this.

:) Great job, I haven't found any serious flaws in it so far (the item names remained unchanged in this release, and there are some typos here and there, but that's not too important). Keep it up!