Re: SCP - Containment is Magic Mod

Cridone wrote:Hey peanut, do you have that cupcake model from the old mod?

Or did someone else make that.
mrpeanut188 wrote:
Pony wrote:What models have you done again?
...Oh, and a gasmask and a cupcake. Both however are lost forever into the depths, I'd much rather redo them as I have much more experience than I did, I've done so much more modelling.
Primitive cupcake. I decided to try out some new Blender features instead of texturing my normal way. The above image could be slightly tweaked to fit onto an inventory slot, yes?
And Destrucoid's old gasmask was recreated. Is he active anymore? I haven't seen him around...

Princess Luna wrote:Actually, I had a PM chat with him not a week ago. So yeah, Destructoid is still active.
Nice to know.
Princess Luna wrote: Nice cupcake!
I still need to repaint textures, they look 2cartoon4me.
Princess Luna wrote:=
I fixed the label914, and I started label106. I also did a couple of infection overlays though I couldn't figure out how to change the highlight colors. I'll post it all tomorrow.
Wat highlight colors? I've never been infected with 008 ingame, I've never found it with the keycard. It might just be coded though.

Highlights are areas of very light tone in pictures that provide the appearance of illumination. In other words, the brightest areas of a picture. I wanted to make the infection overlay's highlights red and change the other colors to a dark purple, but I can't figure it out with Photoshop, at least not yet.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

I can't really tell the infection overlays apart, V1 looks a little less grainier.
The sign should work okay, the containment signs are smaller though so you should consider scaling that thing down else you will get clipping issues.
Twilight is clearance level 2.
Non-standard space time doesn't really fit, so I suggest changing it to Sentient. (Magic in the pony world isn't really anomalous so, take that in mind)

mrpeanut188 wrote:The above image could be slightly tweaked to fit onto an inventory slot, yes?
No, you're probably going to end up with a lot of quality loss, not to mention that a model that high poly for something you are never going to see is plain unnecessary.
Another thing, have you fixed the ponies walk cycle yet? Because last time when I commented on the Ponies not bending their legs, you replied with something about Blitz3D not supporting bone scaling, even though that doesn't stop the Class D from looking normal when walking...it doesn't stop real life horses from walking normally.
Ponies bend their legs, by the way

Finally, Luna, your Pinkie Pie sign...uh... Flat mane Pinkie...If you want to be cliche as hell that's fine, but Flat mane Pinkie being insane (even though having a flat mane didn't mean she's insane, it meant she was depressed) has been over used to hell and back, and unless you use a different Pinkie model, they will look nothing alike.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Glitch wrote:I can't really tell the infection overlays apart
Ditto.
Glitch wrote:Twilight is clearance level 2.
Doggone it Luna, you had ONE job...Well technically two jobs in regards to that sign, but still that issue was already pointed out, silly.
Glitch wrote:Non-standard space time doesn't really fit, so I suggest changing it to Sentient. (Magic in the pony world isn't really anomalous so, take that in mind)
You might have a point, if we're using Twilight in physical form. If we're still on the rocks about that, I *might* have an alternative proposal...
Glitch wrote:Finally, Luna, your Pinkie Pie sign...uh... Flat mane Pinkie...If you want to be cliche as hell that's fine, but Flat mane Pinkie being insane (even though having a flat mane didn't mean she's insane, it meant she was depressed) has been over used to hell and back, and unless you use a different Pinkie model, they will look nothing alike.
I'm with Glitch on this one. Appearance should be consistent and to be honest, I think Poofy-mane Pinkie fits the bill better. Why? 'cause in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" when Pinkie is talking about how she got her cutie mark (Yes, I do research), she is depicted in filly form and with a flat-mane until she gets her cutie mark. In essence, flat-mane Pinkie could actually be considered "Normal" Pinkie so to speak. Following that logic, Poofy-mane Pinkie could actually be considered "Crazy" Pinkie.

EDIT: Found this in one of the old threads:
Glitch wrote:In the show it is a red tomb with gold binders and a golden plaque with I'd assume has the book name engraved in stylish writing. The pages also have a golden colour to them, and since the diagrams are to the right and the text is to the left, numbers should be even and aligned to the left side of the page. (Small details are not safe from me)
I'll see if I can honour these requested points on my pages and book texture that I'll one day make.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:I *might* have an alternative proposal...
Propose away
Nightmare Tank wrote:
Glitch wrote:In the show it is a red tomb with gold binders and a golden plaque with I'd assume has the book name engraved in stylish writing. The pages also have a golden colour to them, and since the diagrams are to the right and the text is to the left, numbers should be even and aligned to the left side of the page. (Small details are not safe from me)
I'll see if I can honour these requested points on my pages and book texture that I'll one day make.
Ah, I remember this post. I'd personally stick with parchment, since it seems like what ponies would use, and you can make the numbers anything really, as long as they align the correct side of the page.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.