Re: [0.8.1] Merged Mods

Probably not a related problem...probably...but attempting to play this results in "Failed to load map file 0" regardless of map seed. I have a suspicion it's related to room038's map mesh, because I think I got the same error when working with that mod once or twice...

Edit: That had no effect. Then again, I noticed a test room for 860. Might try changing that. If nothing like that works, it may be something in the Source...maybe...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:Edit: That had no effect. Then again, I noticed a test room for 860. Might try changing that. If nothing like that works, it may be something in the Source...maybe...
Oops, forgot to remove that. Once again, I have to update the mod! You don't need to re-download this time, just remove SCP-860's test room from your "rooms.ini" file.

Understood. I'll try that and respond in a moment, regardless of outcome.

Edit: OK, I'm in the green and good to go!

Edit 2: Don't know if it's just me, but for some reason, every monitor had The Old AI's avatar on it. Not just a flicker, like constantly on. Additionally, the S-NAV wasn't functioning as it usually does. I couldn't see my arrow, and the SCP IDs on the Ultimate version were not flashing. Thirdly (And this is probably me...probably) the two SCPs were present, but their anomalous properties did not trigger; 1074 did not lure me in (Or change texture when I equipped The Jaded Ring) and 038 did not duplicate when I put things like a key card or myself to it. The clipboard was present and working, though.

Edit 3: 1074 lured me in this time, and attempts to force myself away were futile as I was completely frozen there until the event was over, which ended the game. 038 commented that I touched the Tree's bark, but nothing happened. Also, do you need to make items drop onto the bark roots for it to duplicate them?

Edit 4: I dunno if this is related to your mod, but for some reason, The Shy Guy didn't attack the Guard in the room with it. It just stood there screaming, while the Guard fired an endless stream into it. Because of that, the doors wouldn't open and I couldn't proceed. It was just as well The Old Man had got a hold of me and dropped me on the other side after going through the Pocket Dimension. Additionally, there was minor mouse look delay. I can't tell if its related to your mod or something, but it was a temporary issue. I do like how the Clipboard is compatible with The Clockworks and made its job a whole lot better, though...and one question: Is the tree meant to begin duplicating things instantly, or is it a delayed response by it?

Edit 1001: Might've figured out 038 now...kinda...I dropped a Key card onto it, but there was no effect. Then when I picked that back up and tossed a Small First Aid Kit on it, just as I was grabbing it, I saw another out of the corner of my eye. Did it again, and saw a third drop. Does it only work with certain things? Perhaps that should be indicated somewhere. Also, because of where you put the Water Mister sign on the miscsigns texture, you're screwing up the checkpoint signs.
So maybe move the Water Mister sign to another texture? I think miscsigns3 has some space for it...

Edit 1074: Seems the radio is bugged. Attempting to change channels on it results in the game sustaining an error and printing "Must be a positive value" or something like that. Also, if you select the Clipboard and then come back out of the archive, clicking on anything once will select the item, as if one were to double-click on it. Clicking on an empty inventory space or exiting the inventory fixes this problem.
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:
Spoiler
Understood. I'll try that and respond in a moment, regardless of outcome.

Edit: OK, I'm in the green and good to go!

Edit 2: Don't know if it's just me, but for some reason, every monitor had The Old AI's avatar on it. Not just a flicker, like constantly on. Additionally, the S-NAV wasn't functioning as it usually does. I couldn't see my arrow, and the SCP IDs on the Ultimate version were not flashing. Thirdly (And this is probably me...probably) the two SCPs were present, but their anomalous properties did not trigger; 1074 did not lure me in (Or change texture when I equipped The Jaded Ring) and 038 did not duplicate when I put things like a key card or myself to it. The clipboard was present and working, though.

Edit 3: 1074 lured me in this time, and attempts to force myself away were futile as I was completely frozen there until the event was over, which ended the game. 038 commented that I touched the Tree's bark, but nothing happened. Also, do you need to make items drop onto the bark roots for it to duplicate them?

Edit 4: I dunno if this is related to your mod, but for some reason, The Shy Guy didn't attack the Guard in the room with it. It just stood there screaming, while the Guard fired an endless stream into it. Because of that, the doors wouldn't open and I couldn't proceed. It was just as well The Old Man had got a hold of me and dropped me on the other side after going through the Pocket Dimension. Additionally, there was minor mouse look delay. I can't tell if its related to your mod or something, but it was a temporary issue. I do like how the Clipboard is compatible with The Clockworks and made its job a whole lot better, though...and one question: Is the tree meant to begin duplicating things instantly, or is it a delayed response by it?

Edit 1001: Might've figured out 038 now...kinda...I dropped a Key card onto it, but there was no effect. Then when I picked that back up and tossed a Small First Aid Kit on it, just as I was grabbing it, I saw another out of the corner of my eye. Did it again, and saw a third drop. Does it only work with certain things? Perhaps that should be indicated somewhere. Also, because of where you put the Water Mister sign on the miscsigns texture, you're screwing up the checkpoint signs.
So maybe move the Water Mister sign to another texture? I think miscsigns3 has some space for it...

Edit 1074: Seems the radio is bugged. Attempting to change channels on it results in the game sustaining an error and printing "Must be a positive value" or something like that. Also, if you select the Clipboard and then come back out of the archive, clicking on anything once will select the item, as if one were to double-click on it. Clicking on an empty inventory space or exiting the inventory fixes this problem.
[Edit 2]
- I think those bugs are not related to the mod, and I'm not able to replicate them myself. I'll see what I can do.
[Edit 3]
- That's intentional: you're not supposed to be able to get away from the painting once you've seen it, unless you use SCP-714.
- If you touch the tree's bark, it takes a long time to clone the player.
[Edit 4]
- This mod doesn't do anything to any SCPs/NPCs in general, so I believe those bugs are unrelated to the mod. I'm also unable to replicate those.
- The Everything Tree has some different delays for different items.
[Edit 1001]
- I need to fix that! Sorry for making you guys download updates so frequently, I hope it's the last time I need to do this...
[Edit 1074]
- The radio bug is from the original game.

Anyway, reuploaded the mod, fixed some bugs.

Finally, another post to prevent me double-posting! Anyway, much as I hate to have you make MORE amendments...

If the player spots Stendhal's Nightmare and becomes transfixed, despite being unable to move or look away, they can still sprint, open their inventory, and use items. This means they can move faster to Stendhal's Nightmare, equip The Jaded Ring to break the hold, and close doors. I closed one of the doors leading into the object itself before I passed through it. This as a result caused the door to stop me from approaching it, but I kept walking into the door repeatedly, despite it being closed and blocking my line of sight to Stenhal's Nightmare. Maybe that should be the only chance to prevent its effect, as well as equipping The Jaded Ring?

Also, The Old Man can screw up the scene with Stendhal's Nightmare by attacking you while you're transfixed on it. If you're still moving towards it when attacked, then when taken to the Pocket Dimension, you will keep walking into the wall, despite being unable to reach it. If attacked while the event has already commenced with you in front of it however, the scene will continue uninterrupted, despite you being in the Pocket Dimension. You will be unable to move the player in either scenario, but either scenario can be broken by equipping The Jaded Ring at any time before the end to permit navigation of the Pocket Dimension as per usual.

When equipping The Jaded Ring in front of Stendhal's Nightmare at any time, the picture of the player will instantly vanish and Blue Feather (The music) will be automatically cut off. Maybe have them fade instead?

Nightmare Tank wrote:Also, The Old Man can screw up the scene with Stendhal's Nightmare by attacking you while you're transfixed on it. If you're still moving towards it when attacked, then when taken to the Pocket Dimension, you will keep walking into the wall, despite being unable to reach it. If attacked while the event has already commenced with you in front of it however, the scene will continue uninterrupted, despite you being in the Pocket Dimension. You will be unable to move the player in either scenario, but either scenario can be broken by equipping The Jaded Ring at any time before the end to permit navigation of the Pocket Dimension as per usual.
Are you sure this can happen? I tried to replicate the bug just now, and the player dies if he's taken away from the room, as I had intended.

juanjpro wrote:
Nightmare Tank wrote:Also, The Old Man can screw up the scene with Stendhal's Nightmare by attacking you while you're transfixed on it. If you're still moving towards it when attacked, then when taken to the Pocket Dimension, you will keep walking into the wall, despite being unable to reach it. If attacked while the event has already commenced with you in front of it however, the scene will continue uninterrupted, despite you being in the Pocket Dimension. You will be unable to move the player in either scenario, but either scenario can be broken by equipping The Jaded Ring at any time before the end to permit navigation of the Pocket Dimension as per usual.
Are you sure this can happen? I tried to replicate the bug just now, and the player dies if he's taken away from the room, as I had intended.
Only if the scene begins, but if the player is attacked by The Old Man while walking to (Or after only just seeing) Stendhal's Nightmare they will attempt to walk to it through the Pocket Dimension when they're taken there. Additionally, players using godmode will find themselves unable to move even after the scene has ended (Which isn't the worst thing).

Nightmare Tank wrote:Only if the scene begins, but if the player is attacked by The Old Man while walking to (Or after only just seeing) Stendhal's Nightmare they will attempt to walk to it through the Pocket Dimension when they're taken there. Additionally, players using godmode will find themselves unable to move even after the scene has ended (Which isn't the worst thing).
Still can't replicate the bug. Preventing the player from reaching the painting for 106 to capture him will still kill the player.

Couldn't replicate it. I presume it was because I was using godmode each time (I was making a video on The Clockworks and some of the outcomes (i.e. Player on Very/Fine))

I think it seems fine now though, although maybe that loophole should be checked...maybe...

Also, have some low quality Mod Loading Screens.
Spoiler