Re: [0.9.2] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.5.5

This is an excellent mod! It adds a lot more to the game.

There is one issue though. It's not a bug, but more of a canonical issue. According to SCP Wiki, SCP-409 "will convert the entire object or organism, inside and out." Because of that, one would technically die before their head crystallizes; instead possibly when the crystallization reaches a vital organ, like the heart.

Other than that, the mod is great!

RancidBuffalo wrote:This is an excellent mod! It adds a lot more to the game.

There is one issue though. It's not a bug, but more of a canonical issue. According to SCP Wiki, SCP-409 "will convert the entire object or organism, inside and out." Because of that, one would technically die before their head crystallizes; instead possibly when the crystallization reaches a vital organ, like the heart.

Hmm... I do kinda agree with you, though I do like the way it creeps up your body slowly. I still think that the death sequence could do with changing though - blackout as they fall, and then the glass smash noise to show that they exploded into shards and such.

Thanks for the update Sam! :D

EDIT - Holy sheeeeet, apparently I have to wait 1 hour 26 mins for the download... I guess I can wait.
MOAR EDIT - Wuh...? I thought it was faster than I expected... turns out it only half downloaded :/

I hope to do some tweaks to 409 next update; mainly making it more dangerous, but I may change the death sequence too.
Skin_ wrote: EDIT - Holy sheeeeet, apparently I have to wait 1 hour 26 mins for the download... I guess I can wait.
MOAR EDIT - Wuh...? I thought it was faster than I expected... turns out it only half downloaded :/
There's the mirror if the primary download doesn't work :)
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Oh, I see SCP-005 is back in his home. I wasn't complaining or anything when I said that it wasn't in his containment cell anymore. It made sense that it was in Dr. Maynard's office.... but come to think of it, he probably would have took him, and even if he was still there, WHAT DOORS WOULD YOU OPEN? So I guess it is wise to put him back.

Oh gosh, I said SCP-005 is a him.
http://gorillagong.com/

I've become a gorilla.

InnocentSam wrote:

I hope to do some tweaks to 409 next update; mainly making it more dangerous, but I may change the death sequence too.
I presume more dangerous would be putting a needed item in there or implementing some way to force the player to go into it's room? Like make it something other than a pointless dead end?
(I realize there seems to be a chance of SCP-005 spawning in it's room, but in three playthroughs, this has yet to happen to me.)
3DS Friend Code: [DATA EXPUNGED] / Wii U Username: [REDACTED]

seaal wrote:Oh, I see SCP-005 is back in his home. I wasn't complaining or anything when I said that it wasn't in his containment cell anymore. It made sense that it was in Dr. Maynard's office.... but come to think of it, he probably would have took him, and even if he was still there, WHAT DOORS WOULD YOU OPEN? So I guess it is wise to put him back.

Oh gosh, I said SCP-005 is a him.
It's got a chance of spawning in it's room, Maynard's office, or 409's room. Randomness ftw.
Nidera wrote: I presume more dangerous would be putting a needed item in there or implementing some way to force the player to go into it's room? Like make it something other than a pointless dead end?
(I realize there seems to be a chance of SCP-005 spawning in it's room, but in three playthroughs, this has yet to happen to me.)
By more dangerous, I was planning on less time before death. It takes quite a while.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
Nidera wrote: I presume more dangerous would be putting a needed item in there or implementing some way to force the player to go into it's room? Like make it something other than a pointless dead end?
By more dangerous, I was planning on less time before death. It takes quite a while.
Ahh. Yeah, it seems to take like 15 minutes to actually kill the player.
3DS Friend Code: [DATA EXPUNGED] / Wii U Username: [REDACTED]