Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.1 (SCP-0

Niborius wrote:My video driver seems to crash when equipping the night vission goggles, is this a Windows 8 related issue?
That might be a problem with how the video driver or Windows 8 handles DirectX 7.

Blitz3D really makes debugging a pain, we don't have any ways of finding platform-specific bugs and guessing the bugfixes is the only way to make things work.

Did you try using "DebugSetting 0" in the console before wearing the goggles? If you did, then this makes no sense. The goggles shouldn't be able to break anything.
Niborius wrote:Edit: Ok, it seems to work with a resolution of 800 x 600
This may help to fix the bug, although I can't guarantee anything.

Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.7.0 (SCP-0

Niborius wrote:However, I'm still not sure how SCP-020 really works.
InnocentSam wrote:
Kenneth crooker wrote:
nightscout01 wrote:Please tell me, what's SCP-020 supossed to do?
According to the SCP Foundation, SCP-020 is a fast-spreading fungus that releases spores that (if inhaled) cause it to be invisible to humans. It spreads from host to host by making its hosts more sociable. I'd like to see that in-game though.
I came up with a few ideas on how to implement it, but all of them were either tacky or wouldn't work. If you come up with an idea to implement it, let me know.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Niborius wrote:Awesome, the console command "DebugSetting 0" has indeed resolved the issue, thanks!
Nice! Okay, so now I know that the low-res effect needs to be reimplemented in a different way.

Can you read documents with the latest version of the mod? The low-res effect and the document optimization use the same function ("CopyRectStretch"), so I'd like to know if I should reimplement the document optimization as well.

juanjpro wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:Has anyone been experiencing an occasional MAV whenever a loading screen starts?
I've seen a few people with that problem, although it hasn't happened to me.
Happens to me. Got it on debugging, says it can't find the image. But I double-checked the loadingscreens.ini with the images in loadingscreens folder, and they're all there and accounted for.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile