Re: [1.0.6] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.8.0b

Psychobilly2422 wrote:The name of the mod doesn't live up. I don't see why it was named "Box of Horrors", when there's nothing horrifying about it. Can someone explain?
It's basically a mod that adds several scp which are not in the main game.

The reason why is never updated because Regalis had added most of the their scps in the game. That's why it doesn't live up.

Not sure why Innocentsam named it as "Box of Horrors". Possibly is to make the main game more scarer than no mods main game.

I expected to see Regalis add all of the scps, maybe next year or november?

We will find out soon.

Psychobilly2422 wrote:The name of the mod doesn't live up. I don't see why it was named "Box of Horrors", when there's nothing horrifying about it. Can someone explain?
That's a silly question. If you need that explaining to you then you are quite special.

If you are special, feel free to read:
Spoiler
Alien: Isolation - Only about 33% of the game is spent actually isolated.
Sam & Max 304: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls - There are no alleys of dolls.
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - Well they made 5 more games after this one so it wasn't the "last"
The Last of Us - Title doesn't even make sense
Killing Floor - Only one map is actually a literal "killing floor".

Conclusion: names of things aren't literal and not necessarily related. You aren't going to hate a person called "Autumn" because they aren't actually a season, are you?
I mean, "Spooky's House of Jump Scares won't live up to its name because "cute terror" is not really scary.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

diszxchat wrote:
It's basically a mod that adds several scp which are not in the main game.

The reason why is never updated because Regalis had added most of the their scps in the game. That's why it doesn't live up.

Not sure why Innocentsam named it as "Box of Horrors". Possibly is to make the main game more scarer than no mods main game.

I expected to see Regalis add all of the scps, maybe next year or november?

We will find out soon.

Uh, what? Just because SCP's like 1123 are added, it doesn't make it horrifying. In opinion, it just makes the facility more cramped.

SyphenTV wrote:Uh, what? Just because SCP's like 1123 are added, it doesn't make it horrifying. In opinion, it just makes the facility more cramped.
SCP-650 would make this mod 200% more terrifying than it was before.

Though, to be honest, the more cramped facility feels more like the SCP facility should. Most of the SCPs were moved to Site-19 before the game's events, so it would make sense to find a lot of SCPs lying around, given that most aren't humanoids that go "boo" in the darkness.
aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay, I've been tinkering around trying to get the rest of the 'Box of Horrors' mod scps into SCP:CB v1.2.2, and I managed to move things to the proper folders and modify the configuration settings to add them, and things seem to have worked. The only way I know that is because the additional loading screens are appearing.
....Except for the fact that despite all that, the second it goes to the loading screen upon launch, it keeps telling me random files are missing when they aren't and then it will then collapse the game. If it weren't for that happening, I'm getting the impression, the rest of the Box of Horror stuff will show up in the game now.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make that error message stop appearing and claiming things are missing when they aren't, and get the game to actually load and play?

I hope I'm not necro posting.