Re: [0.9.1] SCP Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod (with SCP

Skin_ wrote:
Omniary wrote:I would agree with Ulgrin, if you size that image down to normal, you could also move the description up a bit, that way there wouldn't be such a big gap between the sub-sections.
That IS the normal size! :P
I believe both me and Ulgrin were talking about InnocentSam's post, I'd acknowledge yours in some way if Mediafire would let me download the file now.

Edit: There we go! Great work on them, they really want me to create another 'loading screen info' like that on the old thread, since there's always room for more loading screens and the glorious info they bestow. I think 009's picture seems a little standard, but then again a vague thing like red ice might be hard to portray properly.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Skin_ wrote:
Omniary wrote:I would agree with Ulgrin, if you size that image down to normal, you could also move the description up a bit, that way there wouldn't be such a big gap between the sub-sections.
That IS the normal size! :P
I believe both me and Ulgrin were talking about InnocentSam's post, I'd acknowledge yours in some way if Mediafire would let me download the file now.
Oh that's a little awkward, sorry lol, and thanks that would be nice. Only just saw his post.

Since a document about SCP-005 will probably be added, in its actual room there is no place where it could be placed (LOL); so I drew some kind of containment chamber for it with a place where you can put the document:
Spoiler

GREEN= a little featureless room with SCP-005's label (the little YELLOW line)
ORANGE= a corridor
GREY= SCP-005's containment chamber, where the key is placed on a pedestall (the RED square). You would need at least a Level 3 KeyCard to enter (or any clearance level you want to put; I suggest a Level 3 because the game would get too easy when you find the key, if you want to use it...)
BLUE= a little office where you could find SCP-005's document on a table/shelf; you would need a Level4/Level 5 KeyCard to enter (but you would have the key, so the office's clearance level doesn't matter too much... :laugh: It should be a "fake-tutorial" for making you try SCP-005...)
LIGHT BLUE= a button-door (the door that leads to SCP-005's room would need a KeyCard, I suggest a Level 3 like I said before. The door that leads to the little office with the document could have a Level 4/Level 5 security clearance)
PURPLE= the door that connects SCP-005's containment chamber to the facility's corridors

What do you think of it? :)
Remember: this is only a suggestion, and this is YOUR Mod so you decide how the rooms will be...

I made the drawing with Paint...
Having SCP-005 in a room with no kind of securing procedure would be risky if a possible traitor decides to steal it: he could go ANYWHERE!
In terms of gameplay: SCP-005 could let you go EVERYWHERE (except inside Dr. Maynard's office) and all you need to get it is find it, I think that "securing" it with a clearance level (even small, like a Level 3) could be more useful (to get Level 3 you need to get the Level 2 in the room with 173 and upgrade it in 914, I think that's a "process" that should always be present in the game...), obviously you could just decide to don't grab it but I think that most of the players will take the key and run straight to Gate A avoiding every "special" room...

OH! And you made a really great job with SCP-009! I like it a lot! :D
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:Since a document about SCP-005 will probably be added, in its actual room there is no place where it could be placed (LOL); so I drew some kind of containment chamber for it with a place where you can put the document:
Spoiler

GREEN= a little featureless room with SCP-005's label (the little YELLOW line)
ORANGE= a corridor
GREY= SCP-005's containment chamber, where the key is placed on a pedestall (the RED square). You would need at least a Level 3 KeyCard to enter (or any clearance level you want to put; I suggest a Level 3 because the game would get too easy when you find the key, if you want to use it...)
BLUE= a little office where you could find SCP-005's document on a table/shelf; you would need a Level4/Level 5 KeyCard to enter (but you would have the key, so the office's clearance level doesn't matter too much... :laugh: It should be a "fake-tutorial" for making you try SCP-005...)
LIGHT BLUE= a button-door (the door that leads to SCP-005's room would need a KeyCard, I suggest a Level 3 like I said before. The door that leads to the little office with the document could have a Level 4/Level 5 security clearance)
PURPLE= the door that connects SCP-005's containment chamber to the facility's corridors

What do you think of it? :)
Remember: this is only a suggestion, and this is YOUR Mod so you decide how the rooms will be...

I made the drawing with Paint...
Having SCP-005 in a room with no kind of securing procedure would be risky if a possible traitor decides to steal it: he could go ANYWHERE!
In terms of gameplay: SCP-005 could let you go EVERYWHERE (except inside Dr. Maynard's office) and all you need to get it is find it, I think that "securing" it with a clearance level (even small, like a Level 3) could be more useful (to get Level 3 you need to get the Level 2 in the room with 173 and upgrade it in 914, I think that's a "process" that should always be present in the game...), obviously you could just decide to don't grab it but I think that most of the players will take the key and run straight to Gate A avoiding every "special" room...

OH! And you made a really great job with SCP-009! I like it a lot! :D

I like your idea. Perhaps the corridor could be similar to the ending tunnel at Gate A, but with an other texture.
Edit: And InnocentSam could you please correct the sign position at SCP--1123's containment chamber?
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

I'll wait for InnocentSam to make his own additions to the mod before adding a more dramatic death sequence to SCP-009.
Spoiler
The new sequence injures the player over time, and when "total contamination" occurs, the player will freeze in place while red ice covers their face. A cracking sound is heard, and the screen fades to black before the player dies. There's a new sound for the blinking light as well, so new players will notice it easily.
I also found a few fixes for some bugs, such as the falling-through-floor bug (use "UpdateRooms()" and update PlayerRoom after quick-loading is done) and the misplaced door in "testroom" (coords need to be x=720; z=0). If you guys want, I'll upload the fixes separately.

juanjpro wrote:I'll wait for InnocentSam to make his own additions to the mod before adding a more dramatic death sequence to SCP-009.
Spoiler
The new sequence injures the player over time, and when "total contamination" occurs, the player will freeze in place while red ice covers their face. A cracking sound is heard, and the screen fades to black before the player dies. There's a new sound for the blinking light as well, so new players will notice it easily.
I also found a few fixes for some bugs, such as the falling-through-floor bug (use "UpdateRooms()" and update PlayerRoom after quick-loading is done) and the misplaced door in "testroom" (coords need to be x=720; z=0). If you guys want, I'll upload the fixes separately.
Amazing! :D Uploading the fixes could be useful, maybe Regalis could add them to the game like he did for "Bugfixes for Events"...
"testroom" is the huge room where you can find SCP-682's document, right? Because I found the misplaced door and keypads only there...

If you could fix it, the only other bug in v0.9.1 is a button-door inside the Small Servers Room (the room with the event where SCP-096 kills a guard...) that leads to the VOID (the nothingness); even if I don't have so much experience in coding, I guess that fixing it should not be that hard. You should just make the button do nothing when you interact with it... (but I don't know if that is hard to do, I don't think so...)

And, for some reasons, I get MAVs at random moments in the game that disappear when I re-load the save. That's strange...
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

juanjpro wrote:I'll wait for InnocentSam to make his own additions to the mod before adding a more dramatic death sequence to SCP-009.
Spoiler
Sounds really cool! I'm uber-hyped for this update. It's like waiting for an update to the official game! While you're busy fixing bugs and whatnot, I don't suppose you could make a miniscule change to something that's been bugging me for so long now. The message that pops up when you're infected with SCP-008 says "You feel like feverish", and this doesn't really sound correct. I'd rather have the message say something like "You feel a fever coming on".
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?