* fullscreen antialiasing 2x-16x
* deferred rendering
* vertex lighting
** directional
** point
** spot
* per-pixel lighting using shaders
* fog
* different FX-flags for entities (FFP legacy of blitz3d)
* different blending types
* alpha testing, alpha sorting
* order of rendering for different entities and groups of entities
* frustum culling
* support of .b3d and .X as optimised statics (further support of other formats is possible if needed for majority of users)
* primitives with automatic uv-mapping (quad, box, sphere, cylinder, cone)
* animated meshes
* children management
* bones management
* access to vertex and index buffers
* terrains
* mesh collisions and intersections
* .dds, .png, .tga, .bmp, .jpg support
* 1d, 2d, spheremaps, cubemaps, volumetric textures
* texture filtering (point, linear, trilinear, anisotropic 1x-16õ)
* FFP texture blending (alpha, add, multiply, mulitply2x)
* creating, copying and rendering to texture
* moving, scaling, rotating
* raypick system
* rendering groups
* 2d graphics (lines, quads, ovals, text, images)
* Easy work with shaders, with automatic binding common types of params (light data, textures, blending modes, etc)
* Shadows casting from all lights types (PSSM with orthographic projection for directional lights)

As an audio engine Xors3d uses Squall sound system. This library isn't inferior to famous FMOD, BASS and other sound libraries. It proved oneself in a great number of commercial and non-commercial games. The main advantage of Squall is that it's free for use in any type of product, you don't need to purchase license. Squall linked dynamically, so if you need not sound (or you want use other sound engine) you may just delete squall.dll, and all sound commands will not work.

Sound system features:
* formats: WAV (PCM, IMA ADPCM, MS ADPCM), MP3, OGG, XM, MOD, IT, S3M, STM
* streaming playback
* sounds:
** panning
** pitching
** volume control
* channels:
** panning
** pitching
** volume control
* 3d sounds
** attaching to entity

Xors3d uses NVIDIA® PhysX™ Technology. Actually it isn't build-in into Xors3d, it's available as an add-on called [φ]sics or [Phi]sics (formerly known as PhysX Wrapper).

Phisics system features:
* Rigid bodies: box, sphere, capsule, convex hull, trimesh (triangle mesh)
* Joints: hinge, spherical, cylidrical, distance, prisma, onLine, onPlane, D6joint
* Materials and anisotropic materials (properties):
** friction
** density
** hardness
** bounciness
* Controls: force, acceleration, torque, collision groups and collision masks, contact report, special flags
* Yummy: kinematic bodies, triggers, CCD Skeleton (continuous collision detection), RayCast system, vehicles (RayCast, Joints), Clothes and Tearable clothes, Soft Bodies, Magnets, Water and Keps, Particle Emitters

xScript is a scripting module of Xors3d. It's based on AngelScript which is fast and stable. xScript can be used for coding AI, scripted scenes, UI behaviour coding and more. You can write even the whole code of your game or application in script!

Script system features:
* syntax of C++
* strict data types
* call of engine functions
* call of any user function (except Blitz3d still)
* garbage collector
* multithreading

Input system support keyboard, mouse and joysticks.

Command set of Xors3d identically to Blitz3D, with 'x' preffix, e.g.
xGraphics3D(), xLoadMesh(), etc.

Re: xors3D

Its as simple as recompiling the game with this in blitz.
Wont take 5 mins!!!

So, the new engine can be used as an "expansion pack" for Blitx3D as they shares the same language?
You won't need to re-write the entire game with the new engine but only porting all the old code in it?

Man, that's the best thing ever! :D It would be even better than a Unity3D port since Regalis would already know most of the functions and he could learn easily how to use the new ones!
I really hope that v1.0 will use this instead of Unity3D, since it **cough-cough** is free **cough-cough** and Regalis won't need to spend billions of dollars for the new engine... (maybe some boring bugs like the falling trough the floor bug could be even easier to fix with that engine, who knows...)
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Yep that simple!
If this game does move to unity3D I will throw myself off a bridge!

I don't want to be boring but I think that you should P.M. (send a Private Message...) Regalis and ask him what does he think about the conversion to that engine, since v1.0 is getting close...

I have no doubt reg wont do it without a genuine copy.
This game is downloaded in the TENS OF THOUSANDS.
The bloke who wrote it has gone and fucked of someplace offline.
His site is long gone to hackers. Done and dusted.
I will happily write a crack for it but I wont disribute it coz I don't wanna be in deep shit if he suddenly comes back and goes "hey I suddenly care for no reason"!
If he does decide that he cares about his work then I will but for the time being if I get this going its going in the mods section.

I tried the trial version of xors3D back when I was switching from Blitzmax to Blitz3D, and even though it has some features that FastExtension doesn't, I don't think using an unfinished, unsupported and buggy extension is a very good idea. There are only a couple of features in xors3D that I think would make it a better choice than FastExtension (Direct3D, shaders, antialiasing), but it has way too much problems for me to consider using it.
mrslig100 wrote:Its as simple as recompiling the game with this in blitz.
Wont take 5 mins!!!
That's not true. You'd have to rewrite every part of the code that uses FastExtension, and then change all the graphics commands to the ones that xors3D uses. These aren't that hard to do, but after this you still need to write the code needed to use the features offered by xors3D, or it won't be of much use.

So xors3D won't be the new engine, what engine will use the game then in v1.0?
Somebody thinks that the game will "jump" to Unity3D but I'm not sure... (it would be TOO EXPENSIVE! You would need to buy a new license every month to use it and that would require BILLIONS! OK, maybe I'm exxagerating now... :laugh: But I still think that it will be, unfortunately, "painful for your wallet" in a way or another...)