Re: [GUIDE] Tips to making a well-made mod.

NNud wrote:Okay. I'm brand new here. I've been reading on the forums quite a bit, but I still have a few questions. I'll start off simple though.
I am completely new to modding in general and was wondering if there is any language that I need to learn or anything like that?
And by the way, hi everyone! :D

If you are doing a Resource Pack, all you need to know is how to make, or get textures.

If it is a Sound Pack, High quality sounds that improve would be good.

And if you want to fuck with the games code, lean to use the language the game uses, "BlitzBASIC" and the program "Blitz3D"

NNud wrote:Okay, thanks Connor.
One more quick question that I have no idea what to do with..I've done everything that the files have said to do in order to compile the source code, yet I am still getting an error (Function 'compdata' not found) when I try to make an executable..Any ideas?

I got this from juanjpro, you do not have the "winfix.decls" file.

to create it, put this in a text document, and save it as all files, and name it "winfix.decls"

Code: Select all

.lib "winfix.dll"
CompatData%(type%, val%):"CompatData"
Put the file in your Blitz3D directory in "userlibs" and in the Containment Breach folder you are compiling it in.

If you need any more help, PM me.

SyphenTV wrote:
NNud wrote:Okay, thanks Connor.
One more quick question that I have no idea what to do with..I've done everything that the files have said to do in order to compile the source code, yet I am still getting an error (Function 'compdata' not found) when I try to make an executable..Any ideas?

I got this from juanjpro, you do not have the "winfix.decls" file.

to create it, put this in a text document, and save it as all files, and name it "winfix.decls"

Code: Select all

.lib "winfix.dll"
CompatData%(type%, val%):"CompatData"
Put the file in your Blitz3D directory in "userlibs" and in the Containment Breach folder you are compiling it in.
If you need any more help, PM me.

There's such a file already in the SCP:CB directory when you download it.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.

InnocentSam wrote:And that's it!
I hope you learned something from this guide :)
I'll be writing a guide about how to map using 3D World Studio soon, for those of you who'd like to learn a bit about mapping!

Well, I am interested in mapping, but 3D World Studio doesn't work on Windows 8.1. Is there any suggestions to a substitute?

SyphenTV wrote:Well, I am interested in mapping, but 3D World Studio doesn't work on Windows 8.1. Is there any suggestions to a substitute?
The maps are exported to B3D model format, so any mapping software that can export to that would theoretically work.

Frankly if you're on W8.1 then the only real way to fix any and all issues are to get a better OS; whether it be via Linux on a USB stick (and then installing Wine on it), virtual desktop'ing Windows 7 or dual-booting Windows 8 and 7.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile