Re: [Download available] Mirror's Edge SCP mod+scp096

Niborius wrote:How do you install and play the map\mod? I just installed Mirror's Edge but I can't seem to figure it out. I'd love to make a video of this mod if that's ok with you?
Go to the games maps folder, backup SP01 (any level you want, can even be SP09, but NOT SP00) and then paste the map with the name of the level you want to replace (must be <levelname>_p.me1). Note that it's a test map and is pretty small and very buggy. If you want to see a completed mod by me (also one of the best maps in Mirror's Edge modding, lol) see my 'New Stream' map:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTK53aUOkw
Juicy wrote:Woah is it really cancelled? it looked pretty cool
Yeah, because the engine on Mirror's Edge is outdated and I pretty much mastered it, also barely anyone was interested in this haha. Right now, I'm doing a project on Unreal Engine 4, modeling and learning how to make HD seamless textures.

Niborius wrote:After I did this I have to go to the map in the campaign? I overwrited this file: Edge_Pt1.me1 in the SP01 folder, but the game crashed once I got to that level.
Not Pt1... Also delete everything from the folder and name my map Edge_p.me1
P means persistent

Mirocaine wrote:Woah wait a minute, so this isn't a simple "I replaced a couple textures and added some new sound effects" mod?
Woah, wait a minute, someone thought about that....?!?! Wtf.
Anyways, this isn't simple and it's rather hard. If someone has Unreal Engine experience I can revive this project.
Mirocaine wrote: This is for Blitz SCP:CB right? Or is this one a Mirrors edge engine based map/level? ( I wasn't aware they had an SDK )
This is a Mirrors Edge engine based map.
Also, there's no SDK, there's a hidden/cracked editor left overs in the files (you can't even import Skeletal Meshes). So making something like this is very hard because the editor is broken and I actually managed to master that. Also, I'm one of the 4 people who created a proper Mirror's Edge map.

Niborius wrote:Here is a video of the mod. I secretly hope that this mod is still going to be continued, because it was really awesome already; free-running around the facility.
Thanks. I really needed that support. :D
I'm now thinking about bumping this up a little bit and see how it goes. I'll plan this for a bit. :)