[READ] Modding forum tips[SEMI-WIP]

These things in effect so there's a better organization of the modding forum.

MODDING FORUM TIPS (not strictly rules):

1. Mod threads with no content, proof, or anything to show that the mod IS a thing tend to be locked. You can make "upcoming project" threads as long as you can prove you know what you are doing.
2. Avoid abandoning your projects. Nobody forces you to keep working on your projects but please, just to keep the modding forum clean and organized, be sure you can finish it.
3. You are free to bump your mod thread back from the grave if you are going to keep working on it. Remember tip 1, though.
4. Texture edit mods consisting of a VERY small ammount of texture edits you threw up togheter in 10 minutes tends to get you frowned upon. They may be locked/removed.
5. Requests for mods are always welcomed in the forums and you are free to ask for anything you'd like to see in a mod.

Definitions

[WIP]: Work in Progress.
[REL]: Released.
[REQ]: Request.
[(SCP:CB version number)]: The version of SCP:CB your mod has been updated to.

Mods for SCP-087B should probably have a [087B]tag behind them in the modding forum, until new sections are added.

RECOMMENDED LINKS:

General Modding Guide [WIP] (Includes links to more useful facts so get your free info from here!
Tips to making a well-made mod.
Importing models into SCP:CB

Spoiler
Some info of thing that will happen soon: I have requested Steelpoint to create two new forums in the modding sections, so mods can be separated in these sections:

RESOURCE PACK

Any modification to the game assets that changes aspects of the game but does NOT influence on gameplay. These can be texture changes, sound changes, or any model changes that do not require a modification of the game's source code.

MOD

Any modification of things mentioned about AND/OR modifications of the game's source code that directly or indirectly change the gameplay. (Or modifies an asset in a different way.)
you're free to say if you disagree with any of these so we can tweak them around to the user's opinions, rather than what i just wrote.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Re: [READ] Modding forum tips[SEMI-WIP]

Irontaco wrote:Some info of thing that will happen soon: I have requested Steelpoint to create two new forums in the modding sections, so mods can be separated in these sections:
Did you just request it or has it already been confirmed?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Re: [READ] Modding forum tips[SEMI-WIP]

Akatos wrote:
Irontaco wrote:Some info of thing that will happen soon: I have requested Steelpoint to create two new forums in the modding sections, so mods can be separated in these sections:
Did you just request it or has it already been confirmed?
He's probably going to get around to doing it eventually.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango