Re: [1.2.2/1.2.3] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.0.3)

I've got a few problems when playing this mod.
  • 6-10 FPS in 90% of the rooms, I tried the FPS fixes in the first post, nothing helped
  • Textures are very buggy, a few rooms aren't and it's in these rooms that I get a better FPS (around 50)
Did a quick test on the original game, no problems. (1.2.3)
I will edit this post later to provide more information
Spoiler
Now, suggestions.

I've read your post about multiplayer, it would be nice.
More weapons. Maybe with an unlockables system. Complete the game, unlocks new weapons.

caxanga334 wrote:I've got a few problems when playing this mod.
  • 6-10 FPS in 90% of the rooms, I tried the FPS fixes in the first post, nothing helped
  • Textures are very buggy, a few rooms aren't and it's in these rooms that I get a better FPS (around 50)
Spoiler
Now, suggestions.

More weapons. Maybe with an unlockables system. Complete the game, unlocks new weapons.
We know about it and we will try to fix it.

caxanga334 wrote:I've got a few problems when playing this mod.
Spoiler
Now, suggestions.

I know it's laggy, I even saw it as I began on developing 0.1.0. The problem is that the lags are sometimes caused by how the map will be generated and how many rooms will be rendered at the very same time.
I already fixed some of the lagging bugs by making the newly implemented ambient sounds loading during the game and if another one should be played then the old one will be deleted (unlike the case that all ambient sounds will being load to memory). This already saved some FPS for me. I'm also doing this with the gun sounds. I also removed more polygons from the weapons and deleted some faces which can't be seen on the playermodel.
EDIT: I'm also planning on adding a system called "Mesh LOD". This will make the polygons which are being far away much more undetailed than the ones which are being next to the player.

Vane Brain wrote:
PXLSHN wrote:I got some SneakPeek screenshots for you :D
Here they are:
Spoiler
These 3 screenshots show the new scope feature I made (it's without lagging for me) and it also shows a bit dynamic lighting on the entitys (not the map)
And also... ICON FOR CROWBAR!!!
Yeah, and that too :wink: (BTW: Vane Brain did it for me, Thanks Vane Brain :D)
I also wanted to say that I fixed the scope a little bit (now it has fog, I forgot to change the "CameraFogMode"-value for the Scopecamera from 0 to 1 and I also changed the "EntityFX" value from 17 (FullBright+Disable Backface Culling) to 1 (only Fullbright), so that the manually lighted objects can be seen lighred through the scope).
I must say that I'm very excited about my mod (like how things will work out and such). I think that the GateAIntro should be done in modelling soon, so I can start making the intro.
BTW: Maybe I can upload more sneak peeks soon.