Re: [1.2.2/1.2.3] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.0.3)

SyphenTV wrote:
Hubbawubba64 wrote:
SyphenTV wrote: If you need a "Quantum Computer" to play the mod then it shouldn't even be released until the problem is fixed.
I think it might have been a joke.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't, since whenever I run the mod my game lags to shit. Especially when I get 70+ FPS in Containment Breach normally.
Version 0.0.3 has a lot of FPS issues. I am able to run 0.0.2 around 60-70 FPS

juanjpro wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:We will use "Hardwired" things, because Hybrid is unstable.
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but Hardwired also has some important issues. Last time I tested it, some of its basic functions, namely its equivalents of KeyDown and KeyHit, caused some severe frame drops and freezes.
By the way, Yes! I recently noticed this. Maybe we shouldn't use dxKeyDown (or it happens with the usual KeyDown?)
And there is another news... what a miracle... I was able to run the game and it was showing 30-50 fps (better than 5)

Now I have to say something about the DX9/11 thing: During the time I'm making the 0.1.0 version, I'm also learning C++ and I practice with the Unreal Engien 4.10 (I want to create a FPS game called "Arrival of the Guns"). If the 0.1.0 version is done, I will probably think on making a own game out of the mod instead of modding SCP:CB.
I already looked a bit at the Unreal Engine, but I still need to learn it.

EDIT: About Hardwired: I already know that it has some issues. I tried to make some little basic things with it and I saw that, like juanjpro said, the KeyDown and KeyHit counterparts are not working properly. Commands like "dxCreatePlane" are not working in it and the collision detecting in this is pretty bad. If it would be converted to this, it would need much testing before you can be sure everything will work out fine with it.

MattFreeman wrote:Could you make it so you could contain 173? as everything is there expect able to contain him
That is a planned feature for 0.1.0.
ItsAndr wrote:Um... I can't start the game because I get Memory Access Violation all the time. :,(
I think it might happen that at some computers it will crash due to the Multithreading thing ("Fastpointer.dll"). I used it for the intro-video thing, which at that version didn't worked without lags anyway (it is already fixed by Vane Brain, so it should work for the 0.1.0 version better).
But maybe I still can help you with your problem: Please tell me when exactly this error happens.

Hi I like to a leave a MAV report. For me when I enter Light Containment and get near the Intro Office/173 Containment Cell I would get an MAV. So far that is the only place I experienced an MAV in this mod.

Oh and btw I would like to drop some ideas here don't know if you know any of these :) :
1. The ability to kill 049-2s
2. Maybe place the Class Ds that spawn with guns near Storage areas like the new Armory Room you added in.
3. "This one is something that you most likely already have in mind" The ability to contain SCP 173 maybe like you spawn with a box and when you're near 173 you can use
the box on 173 and in your inventory you got 173 in a box. Then you move to the containment cell, drop the box and announce it on the Radio.
4. Maybe make it so you can choose NTF(s) to follow you and help you do stuff like kill Class D and contain 173.