Re: [1.2.3] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.1.1) The Big Update

MagicalSpacePotato wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
MagicalSpacePotato wrote:I was talking about the shading and quality, but okay.
I wasn't aware that the Source engine invented static shadows.
Since when did "the quality of these textures reminds me of an engine much newer than the one being currently used" become "the source engine was the only engine that ever used textures" ?
In that case I shall change my response to "I wasn't aware the Source engine was the leading platform in making textures with high resolutions."

CommanderPro100 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote: I wasn't aware that the Source engine invented static shadows.
Since when did "the quality of these textures reminds me of an engine much newer than the one being currently used" become "the source engine was the only engine that ever used textures" ?
In that case I shall change my response to "I wasn't aware the Source engine was the leading platform in making textures with high resolutions."
But i never said the source engine was the leading platform in high resolution textures. I said that the textures made an engine from 2001 look on par with an engine from 2014.
My mods:
Chaos (coming soon)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MagicalSpacePotato wrote: textures made an engine from 2001 look on par with an engine from 2014.
I think he meant that the textures in this room simply look like they would been taken from the Source Engine (so only how they're details are looking like). I also think he used the Source Engine as an example of how the textures look like and yes, the Source Engine is from 2004, but it also got since after this some updates to the engine itself, but I'm sure the latest engine update was in 2013 or earlier (I tried using "Source Engine 2013" for a "test game" to practice a bit with it, but I failed to set it up because it simply didn't worked for me).
But anyway, I think we now discussed about this little "theme".

BTW: I try to make an update video about the 0.2.0 next week (I hope I can do this at this time).

CommanderPro100 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote: I wasn't aware that the Source engine invented static shadows.
I've seen 512x512 and 1024x1024 textures in Source Engine ( TF2 )

caxanga334 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
I've seen 512x512 and 1024x1024 textures in Source Engine ( TF2 )
...ok? That's not anything special by a longshot. Most engines can run up to 2048x2048 resolution textures (hell, Blitz3D can handle up to 4098x4098).

D-9999 wrote:...Source is from 2004.
No, actually. That's when it was originally made.

The engine has been updated and overhauled since then. What i was referring to was the current version of the Source SDK.

I'm done bickering about this now. I'd rather we observe progress then be burdened by continuing this.
My mods:
Chaos (coming soon)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------