Re: Mod request: jumping

I'm trying to do it but it would always give me a Memory Access Violation :/

Edit: Tried to do it again, but all I would hear when I press the jump button (I assigned it to Left Alt) is a footstep, so something Is happening, but I'm certainly not jumping. What am I doing wrong? I'm not too experienced with coding.
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

Niborius wrote:I'm trying to do it but it would always give me a Memory Access Violation :/

Edit: Tried to do it again, but all I would hear when I press the jump button (I assigned it to Left Alt) is a footstep, so something Is happening, but I'm certainly not jumping. What am I doing wrong? I'm not too experienced with coding.
you're actually doing it? Thanks! i really want to jump through 895's stairs.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Niborius wrote: Edit: Tried to do it again, but all I would hear when I press the jump button (I assigned it to Left Alt) is a footstep, so something Is happening, but I'm certainly not jumping. What am I doing wrong? I'm not too experienced with coding.
Sounds like you pushed the player down, try reversing the effects.

Niborius wrote:I'm trying to do it but it would always give me a Memory Access Violation :/

Are you placing the code after or before the "DropSpeed=0" part? If you place before, it will obviosly have no visible effect.
Also, the Else statement causes the up-speed to be 0. ( Min(Max(DropSpeed - 0.006 * FPSfactor, -2.0), 0.0) to Max(DropSpeed - 0.006 * FPSfactor, -2.0) )

Code: Select all

If CollidedFloor = True Then
			If DropSpeed# < - 0.07 Then 
				If PlayerRoom\RoomTemplate\Name = "pocketdimension" Then
					PlaySound(StepPDSFX(Rand(0, 2)))
				Else
					PlaySound(StepSFX(PlayerRoom\RoomTemplate\StepSound, 0, Rand(0, 3)))
				EndIf
				PlayerSoundVolume = Max(3.0,PlayerSoundVolume)
			EndIf
			DropSpeed# = 0
			If KeyHit(KEY_INV) Then Dropspeed = -0.6
		Else
			DropSpeed# = Min(Max(DropSpeed - 0.006 * FPSfactor, -2.0), 0.0)
		EndIf	
It's (as expected) still giving me the same result. Oh, and I replaced it with the Inventory button, just to make it easier for now.
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

Oh my god guys this has to be done. You have no idea what it would mean to me to be able to jump in SCP: CB. Even if it serves no purpose, I would just love to have the ability to jump whenever I want.

Oh and an idea I have is that you could have jumping deplete your stamina bar, like running.
I am the Butt Ghost. I will eat your butt.