Re: [1.3.7] SCP-914 Expansion Mod (SCP-427) (WIP)

DL_Baryonyx wrote:Great gonna try it out, also how about you could find the original SCP-427 in its containment chamber and if the chamber doesn't spawn or SCP-427 have been taken someone else, you would have to try and create one with 914 ?
That might be possible. Although it might be a bit game breaking. I mean, sure, SCP-427 is already game breaking, but a 1 in 5 chance plus back tracking to 914 should make it worth it. If it did have a containment chamber, it'd be in the light zone and locked with level 3 or higher. Would be a bit easier to get. That'd probably make it even more unbalanced.

EternalError wrote:
DL_Baryonyx wrote:Great gonna try it out, also how about you could find the original SCP-427 in its containment chamber and if the chamber doesn't spawn or SCP-427 have been taken someone else, you would have to try and create one with 914 ?
That might be possible. Although it might be a bit game breaking. I mean, sure, SCP-427 is already game breaking, but a 1 in 5 chance plus back tracking to 914 should make it worth it. If it did have a containment chamber, it'd be in the light zone and locked with level 3 or higher. Would be a bit easier to get. That'd probably make it even more unbalanced.
Well level game breaking its a bit under SCP-005 from the Box of Horrors/Project Ressurection maybe you could put it in the Heavy Containment Zone with 079 blocking from entering, needing the door control system to be disabled in order to enter the chamber

DL_Baryonyx wrote:
EternalError wrote:A question I can't figure out: Would SCP-427 be able to heal injuries caused by SCP-1162 and SCP-330?
Looking at the article the only thing i see that could answer the question his this "When SCP-427 is opened and exposed to biological tissue, it rapidly regenerates cellular damage and somehow is able to purge invading compounds or infections."
That is why I am debating it myself. I think 427 would seal the wound to prevent further blood loss, but not regenerate the lost tissue. Because of that, I am thinking of cutting SCP-330 because it would conflict with SCP-427 (How are you going to survive without hands?). Sure, you could probably reattach your hands with 427, but that’s too much trouble for me to plan out.

Also, I might need to rework 1162’s injury to the player with a new mechanic. The way 1162 is at the moment, the player can lose multiple lungs (more than 2) and still live and only die by bleeding to death (which the blood appears on the outside, for some reason).

Lastly, there is a bug with my mod that affects 1162. I added a system for painkillers that when the player reaches an injury level of 4, they would die instantly. This was to prevent painkillers from being used as a healing item and to fix the issue where 049-2 and 008 victims could continue to injure the player to injuries of 40+ and the only way the player would die would be through blood loss. That’s another reason to rework 1162’s injury system.

DL_Baryonyx wrote:If i remember correctly you said the player would die after using 330 so i don't see any reason to cut it
Well, several things. Without hands, I'd have to restrict several things. For example, how are would someone without hands equip SCP-714, SCP-427, or open a first aid kit? How would they open a key coded door? Etc. And if they were able to open SCP-427 or take SCP-500, they would heal the injury. Or at least should be able to. So then they'd have to go through the entire game without hands. This is on top of the fact that SCP-330 may not be interesting enough to add. It serves the same function as SCP-1162, but doesn't have the same storytelling role. The item it provides also isn't useful. The only way I could see it becoming useful is if SCP-914 could make the item better. But that would mean the player would have to backtrack all the way to 914 from the Entrance Zone where the doctor's offices are. So I don't see much point to keeping it.