Re: We need a Gamebanana section!

CommanderPro100 wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:We don't need a Gamebanana section; the last thing we need is SCPCB to be not taken seriously due to the large amount of pony mods... :roll:
I can't tell wether you're insulting Gamebanana or our mod :|.
Your mod is ambitious and, minus the fact it's about ponies from a children's show, it's quite good. But I'm not addressing you or your mod. I'm addressing those that call themselves modders and all they do is make "skin" or texture mods. Nobody likes them.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:We don't need a Gamebanana section; the last thing we need is SCPCB to be not taken seriously due to the large amount of pony mods... :roll:
I can't tell wether you're insulting Gamebanana or our mod :|.
Your mod is ambitious and, minus the fact it's about ponies from a children's show, it's quite good. But I'm not addressing you or your mod. I'm addressing those that call themselves modders and all they do is make "skin" or texture mods. Nobody likes them.
Oh yeah those, I've seen at least 6 of those kinds of mods and they all just either put pony faces on everything or change the sound effects to very out of place sounds. I actually saw a pony mod on youtube that made all the walls bright blue, it looked really bad.

CommanderPro100 wrote: Oh yeah those, I've seen at least 6 of those kinds of mods and they all just either put pony faces on everything or change the sound effects to very out of place sounds. I actually saw a pony mod on youtube that made all the walls bright blue, it looked really bad.
Exactly my point. Is that how we want other people to see this game? Nah, if they (ever) want a skin mod for whatever reason, they're just gonna have to look for it.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote: Exactly my point. Is that how we want other people to see this game? Nah, if they (ever) want a skin mod for whatever reason, they're just gonna have to look for it.
yes. I'd like few mods that are worth-while then a low of small modifications. And, it'd help with organization, Steelpoint has his mod list thread, but mods like mine aren't
even in main progress yet, so they aren't up.