Re: Stuff that blew your mind about the Foundation

106phobia wrote:How harsh the criticism of SCP articles can be. :shock: Constructive criticism is good and I have nothing against what they're doing. But man, sometimes these guys seem hateful or pissed off while they're critiquing!
Yup, when I wrote a test article in the sandbox and send it to the chat, hell it was 5 minutes of people saying stuff about it
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

FoxMccloud64 wrote:
106phobia wrote:How harsh the criticism of SCP articles can be. :shock: Constructive criticism is good and I have nothing against what they're doing. But man, sometimes these guys seem hateful or pissed off while they're critiquing!
Yup, when I wrote a test article in the sandbox and send it to the chat, hell it was 5 minutes of people saying stuff about it
It's pretty surprising that such a thing happens.
http://www.youtube.com/NemetRobert1996

Nemet Robert wrote:
FoxMccloud64 wrote:
It's pretty surprising that such a thing happens.
LOL! After reading the discussion about your "forum domination", this post smells of insincere gobbledygook. Anyways, can't say I haven't been guilty of that crime before :laugh:

People on that site can be plain loserly. Nuff said. Insecure about their own ideas and willing to bash the crap out of anyone else's.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:People on that site can be plain loserly. Nuff said. Insecure about their own ideas and willing to bash the crap out of anyone else's.
Most people on the site, from what I've seen at least, are very accepting of criticism for their own SCPs and don't really boast about their ideas. Besides, there are a lot of new entries that really aren't that good and the community's learned to not be easy with newcomers, so naturally they have to be brutally honest. With over 1000 SCPs, you have to come with a fresh new take on an idea or come up with an entirely new one (which is far from easy).

However, some members can be downright jackasses for downvoting because of stupid-as-fuck reasons (cross-testing, even slight mentioning, being the especial case). Looking at you, pauli133 and Pair of Ducks.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

I'm not accusing anyone on that site of being jackasses or losers. I don't even know anyone there well enough to make that accusation! As far as I can tell, they are either friendly and brutally honest, or just brutally honest.

I was merely stating that I was shocked to see how harsh the criticism can be. It's really an eye opener for me. And yes, I do find it strange that members can downvote some good articles for nitpicky reasons, like because the article has one small instance of humor, or because of a few spelling mistakes.

Insanity's Bane wrote:
scpharrisee wrote:People on that site can be plain loserly. Nuff said. Insecure about their own ideas and willing to bash the crap out of anyone else's.
Most people on the site, from what I've seen at least, are very accepting of criticism for their own SCPs and don't really boast about their ideas. Besides, there are a lot of new entries that really aren't that good and the community's learned to not be easy with newcomers, so naturally they have to be brutally honest. With over 1000 SCPs, you have to come with a fresh new take on an idea or come up with an entirely new one (which is far from easy).

However, some members can be downright jackasses for downvoting because of stupid-as-fuck reasons (cross-testing, even slight mentioning, being the especial case). Looking at you, pauli133 and Pair of Ducks.
What I made was a bit of a rash generalization, but that does make sense considering so many people post bad ideas. Makes it nervous for competent new authors though! But hell, criticism is a part of life and only makes you stronger. You gotta take the bad with the good, ESPECIALLY when it can help improve your ideas...
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."