Re: A fourth SCP class?

Insanity's Bane wrote:It's mainly because it's a SCP-001 proposal.
Also, this may give some insight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaumiel
On top of that, I think that this proposal is a re-do of one of the much older proposals, back when the Foundation had way different standards and there wasn't as much organization.

And that wikipedia link did help out. Whoever made the proposal definitely did some research. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Thaumiel becoming a class of its own. Like say, it's a really special class given to very few SCPs...

Well, apparently "Keter" is associated with unity and goodness, while "Thaumiel" is concerned with the struggle of duality (e.g. evil vs good) and represents a more chaotic side of Keter.

This makes no sense, considering the Foundation simply designates Keter class objects under the name "king" (any powerful and dangerous object) - so the whole unity vs chaos debate becomes lost, as Keter class objects themselves represent chaos. It doesn't seem like Thaumiel seems more powerful than Keter either (based on the very limited stuff I have just read), so in the context of the Foundation I have no idea what a "Thaumiel" class would represent. It is intriguing, however, and with a little more research maybe the class could gain some contextual validity!
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:Well, apparently "Keter" is associated with unity and goodness, while "Thaumiel" is concerned with the struggle of duality (e.g. evil vs good) and represents a more chaotic side of Keter.

This makes no sense, considering the Foundation simply designates Keter class objects under the name "king" (any powerful and dangerous object) - so the whole unity vs chaos debate becomes lost, as Keter class objects themselves represent chaos. It doesn't seem like Thaumiel seems more powerful than Keter either (based on the very limited stuff I have just read), so in the context of the Foundation I have no idea what a "Thaumiel" class would represent. It is intriguing, however, and with a little more research maybe the class could gain some contextual validity!
Well, given the fact that this proposal is said to have formerly contained a bunch of Keters like 682, 990 and 122, I think it's just a class made exclusively for the 001 spot. Speaking of the 001 spot, I wonder when it will finally be filled? It's been 5 long years since that spot was blocked off for proposals...

Z-Bites wrote: Well, given the fact that this proposal is said to have formerly contained a bunch of Keters like 682, 990 and 122, I think it's just a class made exclusively for the 001 spot. Speaking of the 001 spot, I wonder when it will finally be filled? It's been 5 long years since that spot was blocked off for proposals...
I don't think it will ever be filled. If you read the page it says the reason why there are multiple "proposals" is as part of a security measure, with decoy files surrounding the true SCP 001 file.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:
Z-Bites wrote: Well, given the fact that this proposal is said to have formerly contained a bunch of Keters like 682, 990 and 122, I think it's just a class made exclusively for the 001 spot. Speaking of the 001 spot, I wonder when it will finally be filled? It's been 5 long years since that spot was blocked off for proposals...
I don't think it will ever be filled. If you read the page it says the reason why there are multiple "proposals" is as part of a security measure, with decoy files surrounding the true SCP 001 file.
Speaking of 001's, this one right here is my favorite.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/jonathan-ball-s-proposal