The Greatest Thing to Pop in my Mind

So, on the car-ride home, I was daydreaming about what it would be like if SCP's were real... and then it hit me. SOME of the SCP's are as easy as pie to recreate (Kind of). And then, my favorite SCP popped in there: The Old AI. An Exidy Sorcerer, a 13" black-and-white television/monitor, an RF Cable, and a Cassete Tape(?), some scripting and BAM. SCP-079 is ALIIIIIIIVE! MUAHHAHAHAH- Ahem.

But seriously, it actually won't be that hard. What do you guys think? :?:

Re: The Greatest Thing to Pop in my Mind

Well, yeah, if you can find a computer with a 20-petaflop processor. That's about how fast the average human brain is. The world's fastest supercomputer runs just over 1 petaflop, so I don't think this would work. You could probably replicate 079's basic functions, but unless we come up with a scientific breakthrough with processors, you can't make it sentient.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

LukeDude759 wrote:Well, yeah, if you can find a computer with a 20-petaflop processor. That's about how fast the average human brain is. The world's fastest supercomputer runs just over 1 petaflop, so I don't think this would work. You could probably replicate 079's basic functions, but unless we come up with a scientific breakthrough with processors, you can't make it sentient.
Holy shit, Luke, you blew that out of the water.

The idea would be pretty cool and very scary, but still cool. Have fun doing that.

LukeDude759 wrote:Well, yeah, if you can find a computer with a 20-petaflop processor. That's about how fast the average human brain is. The world's fastest supercomputer runs just over 1 petaflop, so I don't think this would work. You could probably replicate 079's basic functions, but unless we come up with a scientific breakthrough with processors, you can't make it sentient.
Yeah, maybe some other SCP. It would be awesome if they made the supercomputer in the fashion if SCP-079. However, with people printing working organs with 3D printers, it is also possible BUT HARD to create SCP-127. That would be f***ing awesome.

How to make SCP-087:

1. Find a ridiculously long stairwell (Alternatively, make your own or hire construction workers)

2. Find something that makes a noise that induces curiosity, put it somewhere deep in the stairwell

3. Destroy the lights

4. Dress someone up in an SCP-087-1 costume. Send him where you put the object in step 2

5. Find a friend, send him down the stairwell as a prank (Optionally, make him wear an orange jumpsuit, although this might make him suspicious)

6. ????

7. PROFIT!!
My SCP playthrough

LukeDude759 wrote:How to make SCP-087:

1. Find a ridiculously long stairwell (Alternatively, make your own or hire construction workers)

2. Find something that makes a noise that induces curiosity, put it somewhere deep in the stairwell

3. Destroy the lights

4. Dress someone up in an SCP-087-1 costume. Send him where you put the object in step 2

5. Find a friend, send him down the stairwell as a prank (Optionally, make him wear an orange jumpsuit, although this might make him suspicious)

6. ????

7. PROFIT!!
NAILED IT.

They said it goes down 200 meteres, and it also stated the staircase goes far beyond the building's capability and defies the geological surroundings. We could use this.

UnknownGlaze wrote:
LukeDude759 wrote:
UnknownGlaze wrote:defies the geological surroundings.
You could just dig :3
Commence Dig Dug (SCP-087 REMIX)!
Imagine that. The only way you can dig is down, you can't go up, left, or right, and 087-1 is directly below you at a random distance.
My SCP playthrough