Could you EVER get away from SCP-096?

Yes, it can run very fast, yes, it can smash through stuff. But does it fly? If you flew off on a rocket ship or simply obtained floating powers after viewing its face, will it fly/jump up to you and kill you?

What are your thoughts?

Re: Could you EVER get away from SCP-096?

While 096 does have superhuman abilities, I really doubt flying or jumping into orbit are some of them. Which really does make me curious on what he would do if such a thing happened. I kinda figured that if the Foundation tried that, and 096 was unable to reach 096-1, something really terrible would happen. Perhaps something like you know, killing the entire population of the planet out of pure rage.
It slep time bunner.

Either that or it would simply get as close to its target as it can. Meaning if someone was in space, for example, it would remain right below it on Earth. This would of course lead to it wandering around the Earth as it tracks it's prey and most likely running into other people.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Well, after reading the reports very carefully it's to be assumed that it can take down planes in mid-air. Look at this part:
Video log 096-1-D, Confiscated tape from news broadcast “CNN”

[The image shows first responders surrounding the remains of a crashed plane, over the shoulder of a field reporter.]

Reporter: The plane, which seems to be military in origin, has no outward markings designating it as a part of the U.S. military. While first responders look for a black box recording, it is thought by police that the plane crashed due to a massive cabin breach in both the cockpit and fuselage.

[The reporter motions to a large hole in the side of the plane, which several firefighters are climbing inside.]

Reporter: Paramedics have only found three bodies, which is odd for a plane apparently requiring a crew of around twenty men. Police have suggested-

[The reporter is cut off as three Super Stallions are shown hovering overhead, two of which land and begin unloading troops belonging to MTF-Epsilon.]

MTF-E-1: Shut off the camera. Shut off the motherfucking-

< End log>

I highly doubt the thing was on the ground when 096 came crashing into it. So that might give 096 the ability to jump REALLY REALLY high and with enough speed to crash into a plane.
Who knows. 096 doesn't need air, so if he were capable of jumping high enough to leave earth maybe he'd start floating through space like a moron to get to 096-1. But that is just pure guessing of course.

Only saying that it could be possible.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

What I want to know is what would happen if the viewer went to somplace that is not in this universe per say. Like if I used SCP 860, whether or not the forest is on another planet. Or another dimension that one could not get too via normal physical means like walking, flying or spacetravel. What would happen then? would 93 just give up, flip out or create a tear in the universe somehow to reach you.
Email me at [email protected] if you need art done.

Moonsaber wrote:What I want to know is what would happen if the viewer went to somplace that is not in this universe per say. Like if I used SCP 860, whether or not the forest is on another planet. Or another dimension that one could not get too via normal physical means like walking, flying or spacetravel. What would happen then? would 93 just give up, flip out or create a tear in the universe somehow to reach you.

He'd likely try to find the SCP itself and then freak out in place for quite a while. But who knows. If it's anything like with SCP-682 he might just give up after a day or two.
Although it could be that, if the person returned, he might come after them again. I don't think 096 is capable of tearing through dimensions. That would make it too overpowered :D
Tearing through anything on this planet, sure. But beyond that? Nah.

I was thinking about something like with 682, pherpaps it would try to get where 096-1 is, trying to get to the highest point in Earth to do it, but after 096 realizes it can't reach 096-1, it would probably do like after the 682 fight, claw at his face and go crazy. Pherpaps for a while, after that he would probably regain composture and become docile once again.

Until that person returns to Earth, of course.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

It's a guessing game but yes I agree. Although I think 096's reaction would also depend on where the person is.
If 096-1 was in 106's pocket-dimension maybe 096 would run to the "entry point" wehre his victim disappeared? Maybe he'd get an actual sense of where the dimension is located in relation to our universe?
*headache*

I really doubt 096 would be able to use 860 and follow 096-1. Maybe it'd try to eat it instead? Who knows!

I know I shouldn't bring LOGIC into this, but still I'm wondering. How the hell is :096: even able to run for such a long time and also have the strength to take down doors or an entire plane, or even be able to jump that high?! I mean, I've read his page and it said that he has almost no muscle mass so where does he get all that durability and strength from?

And another question about this topic, was the running speed of him reduced since his first appearance? He seemed a LOT faster at first, now he's only about twice as fast as :106: or three times, just guessing. You can outrun him easily now and he gets stuck quite a lot which takes away much of the fear against him.