Re: Could you EVER get away from SCP-096?

Serimah wrote:That actually sounds like a good solution to get rid of 096. You'd send him into space in an airtight container and just release him somewhere far away.
I'm not sure the sun would work as the block he's inside of is less durable than 096 himself. It'd melt before he got close enough. So I agree with the "Shoot him off into infinity and beyoooond!" method.
However!

That wouldn't be entirely too safe either. As soon as his cage/container gets damaged by something (meteoroid?) and he's able to escape he'd proceed to get back to his natural habitat (earth).
But then again, it could buy the foundation lots and lots of time. Thumbs up for that idea!
How would he get back? He would need a way to propel himself back to earth since there is no gravity in space, and until he does he will keep traveling at a constant speed to the direction he was launched. If he is launched to the sun, he will most likely not be able to escape its gravity, if he even survives.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

And that is where I have to remind everybody of the beauty of SCPs. Making sense? Not likely.
If 096 is anywhere as indestructible as 682 (at least his skeleton) who's to say he wouldn't survive. For all we know he could end up walking as a constantly boiling skeleton on the sun's surface.
Or just burn and die. But who knows? I'd have to ask the creator of my Bro, but getting in touch with him seems difficult.

But let us get back to the topic of the question no? ;) So, if 096-1 escaped into space, who's to say how 096 will act. He could suddenly just go "Well fuck you, I'll just enrage permanently and destroy everything around me."
Like a huge outbreak of rage due to not being able to reach his target.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Actually SCPs make a lot of sense and they tend to follow the rules of physics (to an extent) which is what makes them very interesting. They are realistic even when they are not.

We don't know that his skeleton is indestructible, just that it can stand a lot of direct damage. When getting shot by an anti-tank gun, a while that is very powerful, it is nowhere close the sun's capacity. So yeah, he may die, or he may survive. We don't know, that is the beauty of this SCP.

If 096-1 were to be in space, I like to think that 096 will keep jumping and gaining speed until he could escape earth and chase the subject. Although once in space he'll probably end up floating around while squirming uncontrollably, it'll be funny.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

I think the realism part really varies on what SCP we are talking about. Some are so nonsensical it's amazingly funny/creepy to read.
Like the fetus in a glass that will suck a womans intestines through her nipples when she runs out of boobie milk.

But back to 096.

I'd also like to believe that he'd attempt to leave the planet no matter what. There are currently no known limits as to his jump capacities, so for all we know he may actually be able to get up there.
And then float around like a skinny little moron...that is unless 096 possesses any not yet known abilities that draw him to his victim physically no matter the gravity or lack thereof. All speculation naturally :D

Serimah wrote:I think the realism part really varies on what SCP we are talking about. Some are so nonsensical it's amazingly funny/creepy to read.
Like the fetus in a glass that will suck a womans intestines through her nipples when she runs out of boobie milk.

But back to 096.

I'd also like to believe that he'd attempt to leave the planet no matter what. There are currently no known limits as to his jump capacities, so for all we know he may actually be able to get up there.
And then float around like a skinny little moron...that is unless 096 possesses any not yet known abilities that draw him to his victim physically no matter the gravity or lack thereof. All speculation naturally :D
What's the name of that scp anyway?

But if 096 has lungs, he could run out of air in space, maybe dying of something unless he has super-lungs of something that allows him to breath in space
Also meteors, one hitting him could maaaybe kill him or just break him like a ant
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

The Baby SCP would be SCP-395.

By the way, 096 does not need air/does not need to breathe seeing as his lungs and ALL other organs can be blown to pieces without him even acknowledging it.
Meteroids... no I don't think it would really do him in. But that would also depend on their size and speed. But yeah... I don't think blunt trauma would do much.

Since SCP-096 does receive some sorts of damage (without him noticing or being affected) he'd probably suffer from severe decompression damage if he actually got in space, inflating to 2 times his original size, along with everything inside him starting to boil. It'd look pretty funny but he'd probably keep trying to flail his arms around trying to gain momentum from nothing while looking like some sort of odd combination of terribly malnourished inflated man.

i think i need sleep
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

From the wiki articles on SCP-096 even sever trauma and damage inflicted to SCP-096 has proven ineffective in hampering its combat effectiveness, machine gun fire coupled with high power sniper fire and even a steady stream of chain gun fire have proven incapable of significantly winding SCP-096 to any effective degree.

Hidding in the depths of the ocean did not work as 096 simply swam down and attacked the submarine, the only real defense in hiding from it would be in space, this leads to two problems. Firstly the victim may have to spend the rest of their life in space (Or until a way to destroy SCP-096 is discovered) and secondly you have the problem of SCP-096 trying to get to its target. Since as far as we know SCP-096 does not have the capability to launch itself into space (Possible propel itself into the air far enough to hit an airplane) it will attempt to get as close as it can to its target, which one would assume to involve it standing directly underneath the satellite/station/moonbase that its target is living in. This would result in 096 constantly moving and eventually running into other people, the only feasible solution would be to keep the craft the target is in stationary so that 096 would not move from its location.

(Also with the theory of it being able to launch itself high enough into space, if it did that it would have no control of its momentum meaning all the target has to do is move its craft/location and 096 will be trapped in space forever)

All in all hiding from SCP-096 is possible but not feasible.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Shaddow wrote:Would 096 stop if it somehow came into contact scp-999 while chasing scp-096-1? That would be a funny sight :laugh:

Depends! I think seeing 096 rolling on the floor laughing would actually creep the living SHIT out of me :D But even then, it would depend on how 999 works.
If the subject needs any apparent "intelligence" to be affected it would probably remain glued to 096's ass while he's on the hunt. Which would look equally funky :D