Re: D-Class Promotion?

RaptorCyclone wrote:Could a D-Class, make their way up the corporate ladder and get higher in the Foundation? I am aware of the monthly terminations, but COULD it happen? :geek:
If someone wrote it that way, and the story had a compelling enough reason, I don't see why not. While there's not a clear consensus on where the D-Class come from, or what their fate is, most of the commonly held headcanons agree they're fairly uneducated.

But, if there was a bright one, say one that made an astute observation on the SCP they were dealing with, and a researcher thought they might be more valuable for their brain than as a tasty diversion or guinea pig...sure. Amnestics are a hell of a literary device.
SCP Wiki Senior Staff
Internet Outreach, Technical Staff
Author Page

bluesoul wrote:
RaptorCyclone wrote:Could a D-Class, make their way up the corporate ladder and get higher in the Foundation? I am aware of the monthly terminations, but COULD it happen? :geek:
While there's not a clear consensus on where the D-Class come from, or what their fate is, most of the commonly held headcanons agree they're fairly uneducated.
Actually, they are recruited from death row and are killed each month to clear room for a new "batch" of Class Ds.
I'm evil?

Steelpoint wrote:There is one case where a Class-D was promoted to a "Class-B", mainly in that this Class-D was an expert hunter and tracker and proved highly useful in the examination of a SCP species. (I forgot its classification).
Could you please give me a link to that article? I would like to know more about that topic. I can't find it because my navigation inside that page is difficult.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

RaptorCyclone wrote:
bluesoul wrote:
While there's not a clear consensus on where the D-Class come from, or what their fate is, most of the commonly held headcanons agree they're fairly uneducated.
Actually, they are recruited from death row and are killed each month to clear room for a new "batch" of Class Ds.
That may be your headcanon, but in no way is that site canon. It's probably the least believable possibility, less believable than human cloning. There are only about 20 countries around the world that even perform capital punishment. There are about 3200 death-row inmates total in the US, and only about 80 a year are put to death. Your "new batch" of D-class would be about 10 a month from the entire planet. Also, every one of those on death row in developed countries is intensely documented by anti-death-penalty watchdogs and advocates. The thought that you can make a significant number of them disappear is absurd.

EDIT, deeper discussion on reddit we did a while back:
SCP Wiki Senior Staff
Internet Outreach, Technical Staff
Author Page

bluesoul wrote: That may be your headcanon, but in no way is that site canon. It's probably the least believable possibility, less believable than human cloning. There are only about 20 countries around the world that even perform capital punishment. There are about 3200 death-row inmates total in the US, and only about 80 a year are put to death. Your "new batch" of D-class would be about 10 a month from the entire planet. Also, every one of those on death row in developed countries is intensely documented by anti-death-penalty watchdogs and advocates. The thought that you can make a significant number of them disappear is absurd.

EDIT, deeper discussion on reddit we did a while back:
The Foundation has the power to cover things up, they can administer a class A amnesiac and it's all taken care of. But class-D's are either demoted personel, prisoners, or random people. I have no idea why you say it's a "headcanon", it has been stated several times before.
I'm evil?

That's a very nice question in my opinion. Idk much about the SCP staff and classes, but aren't most of the D-Class personel prisoneers? If so, wouldn't they have to pay for their crimes before they become a C-Class worker?

I'm just putting things apart, but really nice question indeed
I'm Nonsense

FlashLight wrote:That's a very nice question in my opinion. Idk much about the SCP staff and classes, but aren't most of the D-Class personel prisoneers? If so, wouldn't they have to pay for their crimes before they become a C-Class worker?

I'm just putting things apart, but really nice question indeed
Most of the class-ds are imprisoners, but if there are not enough of them, the foundation may also take innocents.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

I believe that D-Class aren't killed at the end of the month unless they've done badly in their time of experimentation, however, if they've done good and behaved, they would go through amnestics to remove their memory of the Foundation.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

++Focus++ wrote:I believe that D-Class aren't killed at the end of the month unless they've done badly in their time of experimentation, however, if they've done good and behaved, they would go through amnestics to remove their memory of the Foundation.
That sounds logical.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?