Re: SCP 087 exploration IV

I just picked up on a topic thanks to TatsTopVideos movie on youtube about SCP objects so I might revive old topic but still, I'm interested.

Why wouldn't they send in a modified drone? Like the ones that are used by army to disarm explosives?

2 sets of independently suspended threads can carry such a vehicle down the stairwell with ease. Numerous sensors (such as Geiger's counter, electromagnetic detectors) and modified cameras with IR recording capabilities can be installed atop of the chassis along with some firepower if neccessary.
Todays power sources can allow for such constructs to work for hours. Alternatively the drone could be linked to external power source via strong wire soaked in oil (to prevent from blocking on handrail). Oooor a pulley can be set atop of a staircase to ensure the cable drops between sets of stairs properly allowing the vehicle for unlimited movement.

If necessary drone could be accompanied by D-Class personel to ensure drone is running smooth and cable is not stuck anywhere along the road.

What do you guys think?

But the rules disallow me to countinue on a topic that I'm interested in.

Should I start a new one? Then someone will say that there already is such a topic and mine will get closed.

@Destructoid: Alright, I've started my own therefore my posts here can be deleted if necessary :)
Last edited by crosseyednoob on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crosseyednoob wrote:But the rules disallow me to countinue on a topic that I'm interested in.

Should I start a new one? Then someone will say that there already is such a topic and mine will get closed.
I encourage you to start a new one. Don't worry about what the others say, usually if the old topic was dead for a while, the moderators would understand and keep yours open.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.