Re: SCP 087 exploration IV

I tend to gravitate towards the theory that the 4th exploration made it all the way to the bottom, and awakened some sort of ancient monster or demon that killed the D-class, but the foundation saw it and they locked it in before it could break out, and then redacted the information so SOME PEOPLE (Chaos Insurgency, UIU, etc, etc) couldn't find out about, break into the house, kill everyone, break open the door and unleash the freaking apocalypse.

I respect their decision.

xKyouki wrote:Sorry for posting on this, since it's kinda dead. There used to be a log on Exploration IV. The D Class personnel they sent down encountered the full body of SCP-087-1, which was described as (if I remember correctly) having an abnormally wide upper torso, lack of pigmentation, and fingers that were so long they dragged the ground.
Michael Jackson?
Yes, That is the thing at the end of SCP-087.

xKyouki wrote:Sorry for posting on this, since it's kinda dead. There used to be a log on Exploration IV. The D Class personnel they sent down encountered the full body of SCP-087-1, which was described as (if I remember correctly) having an abnormally wide upper torso, lack of pigmentation, and fingers that were so long they dragged the ground. After a few moments the camera feed showed what appeared to be 087-1 grabbing the D class personnel, followed by the sounds of organs and bone being crushed and flesh being pierced. The audio and video cut out shortly after. That's what I remember, not sure why it was removed.
My guess is that it was removed, because just a floating face is much creepier that a murder monster. The unknown is almost always scarier, especially if the Known changes the implications of what was previously thought to be Known.
Mr Sensible Ideas